“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Normally, we don't do buffets as the ingredients tend to be on the cheap side. However, the night we dined, the salad bar ingredients were fresh (although not a lot of variety) but still very adequate. The buffet was prime rib (husband said was good) and the half chicken was moist and tasty. The buffet was $29.95 and includes the salad bar, dinner, sodas and a choice of dessert. If I had gone here the first night, I might not have gone anywhere else the other two nights.

Visited February 2013

Cary, North Carolina
“Go to the Cafe!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

In the first place, it is no longer a steakhouse - that is very misleading. We had dinner there, so I cannot speak to breakfast and lunch. At dinner there is a buffet with a salad bar (very limited), prime rib (ok), and a hot table with chicken and some veggies (not very good). Dessert was the best part of the meal - but that did not make it worth the $30/person price. Go to the Cafe - for less money you can have much better food, atmosphere, and service!

Visited February 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice but compared to what?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice food and the service was very good, however it's either here or a pizza next door (all part of the same kitchen anyway) to me it was an over priced and I mean over priced steak house. For what it cost I would have eaten in the bar next door. Sorry, really nice food but far too expensive

Visited November 2012
Yerington, Nevada, United States
“Not a steakhouse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The lack of a line should have been my first clue that something had changed. The once awesome steakhouse in the middle of Death Valley has been turned into a less than mediocre buffet. We were so disappointed that this gem now serves uninspired side dishes to accompany my 3/8 inch slice of prime rib. The seasoned staff was apologetic and was as attentive as a self-service buffet requires. I will say the dessert is not to be missed. It was prepared by our server and was reminiscent of quality the steakhouse once represented. We have been visiting the resort for 15 years and will continue to but are hoping this is a temporary experiment.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Ohio
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My Father and I were staying at the Ranch @ Furnace Creek visiting Death Valley for a few days. On the evening of the last day we decided to visit here for a nice steak dinner. As the host brought us to the table, he informed us that they had just switched from a steakhouse to a buffet. We walked past the buffet to see what they had to offer before sitting down. Steamship round, a couple potato selections, a vegetable, chicken, fish and a salad bar were offered. The food looked fine and we decided to dine there. The servers were attentive and the food was fine; certainly not anything extraordinary. When the bill came, we were shocked to see that the total was over $70 (including 2 beers)! Having spent 15+ years managing restaurants/bars; I can say that this was without doubt the WORST value I have ever seen. I feel for the service staff that deliver the checks to diners at this place because they will undoubtedly get the brunt of the dissatisfied patrons leaving this place. Do not go there unless you like eating while bent over the table. I can only hope that management will correct this egregious error in judgement turning this place into a buffet before it is to late. Stay away!

• Visited December 2012