“As wonderful as expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Credit Cards and Cash (no american express) Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 am - 7:30 pm Sunday - Monday 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Bradenton, Florida
“As wonderful as expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had been wanting to go to the Country Pancake House ever since a friend raved about it, so when my brother and sister-in-law came for a visit, this was a perfect opportunity. Our experience there was just as wonderful as I thought it would be. Location, atmosphere and quality of the meal are all factors that make or break a dining experience, but the people who work there seal the deal. In the case of the Country Pancake House, Nick, Natalie and Mr. B made a wonderful impression on all three of us. I live in the area, so I'll be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our trip to Country Pancake House in Lakewood Ranch was well worth the travel, not that we had to drive too far. The quantity and quality of food that you receive is what keeps us coming back. We have always had great service, and our server Natalie Sophia was wonderful, as all our servers have been.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always a Great Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Although we had been there several times, with such a vast menu, we still had to take time to decide on what to order. Our waitress, Natalie Sofia, was very nice, patient and knowledgeable about the menu. We will definitely be back again!

Visited March 2014
Bradenton
“Pancake House? Inappropriate Name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

On Thursday, March 27 I went to the Country Pancake House with four friends for breakfast.
I was really looking forward to choosing from their large variety of pancakes. Our waitress was very sweet and helpful. Since it was our first time at this restaurant, she spent time explaining the extensive menu. One of my friends ordered an omelet, two ordered omelet and pancake combination plates, and I chose the strawberry and banana pancakes. We were all so disappointed with the pancakes. They tasted very heavy and very dry. Not what we expected from a restaurant that uses the word Pancake as part of their name, with over 100 types of pancakes to choose from. Steak restaurants must have great steaks, Pasta restaurants must have great pasta, and Pancake House must have great pancakes! We were terribly disappointed and have no plans of returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Parrish, Florida
“They tried, but failed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was given a coupon to visit this restaurant. I was told a lot about it, that it was really good.

I'll start first with the staffing. This place does not appear to be equipped to handle the rushes for breakfast. I waited 30 minutes to be seated. The hostess apologized over and over for the delay. Since we sat by the juice bar, I observed what I believed to be a manager working. She was highly unpleasant to the employees and glared around the restaurant as though working there was an inconvenience. Ouch.

As I was finally seated, I was given a colossal menu with approximately 450 items on it. It took quite a while to look it over. I noticed some inconsistencies with the pricing, mainly that pancakes costed way less if you ordered eggs with them, as opposed to ordering them seperately. Wierd. After browsing the menu for a while, I settled on some peach/strawberry juice from the juice bar, and the gouda cheese omelet with pancakes. The meal was reasonably priced, the tiny glass of juice was five dollars. It was good, but not five dollars good. My companion also ordered juice and was brought a different kind from what she ordered twice. We declined to wait ten minutes for the problem to be corrected a third time. My meal was very bland and tasteless. The eggs tasted like fast food restaurant grade. The pancakes smelled great, but also suffered from a bland fast food taste. They served us "potatoes", which appeared to be home fries. They were cold and the worst I have ever tasted. It made me sad, being a potato lover. Our server was new, and did not understand the menu. She would not serve us one of our condiments until I showed it to her that it was on the menu.

To top it all off, they still tried to charge for my companion's drink that was never correctly made. It was taken off at my request.

All in all, I would say my experience here was a bust. I will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere