“Unreliable” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Bradenton B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unreliable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We booked this hotel 8 weeks prior to our trip. We chose this hotel based on the reviews on tri advisor. We had four couples all meeting in the area and thought this would be a perfect fit. However four weeks after we booked the hotel on their own website we got a call from the hotel telling us they double booked it and no longer had a room. I understand this is small operation and I understand that we are all human and make mistakes however why did it take 4 weeks to figure this out. We ended up having to pick from a very limited supply of hotels in the area and ended up staying a very crappy hotel. They never even offered us a discount off of future stays for our troubles or recommended another local establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Londoner. It is a large, old house that has been turned into a B&B. Several of the rooms have en suite bathrooms, but even the ones that don't have private bathrooms assigned to them. (They are across the hall, but you don't have to share with people you don't know; there is one assigned to each room.)

From the outside, the house and lawn look a little rundown, but the inside makes up for that. Yes, it's old, but that is part of the charm of the place. Everything is decorated in London paraphernalia, and it's really quite cute! We stayed in the Victoria, and it was spacious and comfortable.

The location is unbeatable. Bradenton is not the most exciting city on the planet, but there is a nice two-block stretch of downtown that has several great bars (with fantastic happy hour deals) and a few restaurants. The Londoner is a short three-block walk downtown, and it's also just a couple blocks to the Riverwalk.

I don't know if we will have a reason to be in Bradenton again, but if we do, we will most definitely stay at the Londoner again!

Room Tip: Not all rooms are en suite, but all rooms have their own private bathroom. The Victoria is one of th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Upon arrival there was no one to greet us. No information on the internet connection In the morning when Internet access information was requested, the staff was rude.

Snoring in the adjacent room. The TV and remote control did not work, and the staff did not bother to fix it when asked. Surly service at breakfast. Having left the Please Clean Room notice on the door I returned many hours to find the room had not been touched: bed unmade, towels on the floor, nothing done.

The toilets and baths are separate from the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Zürich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

BB with English style. Very nice rooms, clean and solid breakfast. They prepare fresh scrambled eggs with bacon and also serve fresh fruit with granola and yoghurt.

What we didn't like so much was the fact that we were alone one night and when we entered the house around 9pm the front door was left open - a bit scary.

Stayed February 2014
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at The Londoner not long after the British owners started running it again and we loved our time there. Super clean when we were there. The owners were friendly and attentive. Jenny met us at the door with all the information we needed. We got a free upgrade to bigger rooms. We really enjoyed the British-themed decor. John made us breakfast, which was super filling and yummy. Fun guy to talk to as well.

We'll stay there again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but if you want privacy and an en suite bathroom, ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The house is lovely. The service was adequate. The food was acceptable. I have found that establishments serving tea usually have more choices and better tasting food. The property was clean and, as I said, everything was OK. I enjoyed the time with my friends. I would choose to go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm still on a high from my one night stay there. I had to return to Bradenton for my divorce and wanted to treat myself to something special so decided against the typical hotel stay. I searched B&B's in Bradenton & read about the Londoner & another property in Palmetto. After comparing everything, I chose the Londoner and am so happy I did. "John", the owner, was like my own personal concierge. He anticipated my every need before I even asked. He knew my situation and gave me a complimentary suite upgrade. Everything, from the wrap around porch to all the little English details (little salt & pepper shakers that looked like red English phone booths) were so charming. I felt like I was in another place, which was very therapeutic. The complimentary breakfast blew me away. I'm one person and the spread John made for me was fit for a king/queen! Coffee, yogurt, fresh cut up fruit, scones, bacon and eggs made to order, fresh orange juice, jams and jellies, etc. John felt like family and knew I felt like talking and obliged. What a fascinating life he has had! I can't wait to bring my daughter back and have a relaxing "girls getaway", walking the River Walk, eating again at FAV's restaurant, maybe catch a show by the Manatee Players theater group (instead of seeing the judge ;).

Room Tip: I stayed in the Victoria suite. Four poster bed, beautiful dark hardwood floors, love seat, refriger...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Londoner Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!