“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn North

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn North to your Saves list
Quality Inn North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6727 14th St West US 41, Bradenton, FL 34207 (Formerly Econo Lodge Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Bradenton
Ohio
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Even with a lot of positive reviews I was still leery of what our room would be like. I called twice prior to our arrival since we were arriving after 11pm to ensure that we had a true non-smoking room. The night shift (a male) and evening shift (a female) were extremely friendly and helpful in making sure our room met our needs. When we arrived we found our room to be nice and clean and not a trace of cig smoke. It is an older facility but well maintained and we did not feel safe even though it is a motel where you enter your room from the outside sidewalk. The breakfast was very nice and just as many have said in prior reviews the only complaint is the small kitchen area, but the staff did a tremendous job of keeping everything stocked and as an extra bonus the coffee was good and hot. It's not a Hyatt Place but it wasn't the price of one either. I would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AlanKumar, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. It brings us great pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your time while with us. We sincerely thank you for your patronage and hope that we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and i and our friends came to sarasota to visit our cousin in the nursing home.and we needed rooms for the weekend and we could not find any descent or reasonable hotel in sarasota.and we kept riding until we found Bradenton and then we found the Quality Inn what a blessing,we was very impress,very happy,very comfortable,everything was to our liking the rooms was very clean smell very good ,the beds very comfortable slep like a baby,breakfast was awsome,front desk clerck vegil was very accomadating,very pleasant speaking.we will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AlanKumar, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time while with us. It is our goal to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your patronage, and we hope that you will come see us again when you are in the area.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have to say this was a very nice surprise. We were only in town for one night and mainly stayed because the price was good. The Quality Inn has professional, friendly staff. Clean rooms, nice small breakfast and coffee area. We had requested a rollaway bed and it was already set up in the room nicely placed and completely made up. Very customer service focused. Great stay and would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor next to pool and it was very pleasant.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AlanKumar, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time while with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

25 years ago, our daughter's ball team began staying here during tournaments. Now years later the Quality Inn is still there and providing a yearly get-a-way for two retired parents. Now on a limited income, we pick up a coupon book and head to our favorite get-a-way. The rooms have been totally redone, small refrigerator, microwave, etc All rooms and the pool are always clean and the management team is top notch and super friendly. The full breakfast menu is a real money saver for us also.The location is excellent for travelling anywhere in the Bradenton/Sarasota area.

Room Tip: If one is on a budget, this is a winner. As a retired couple, we try to go when kids are still in sc...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AlanKumar, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves while with us. It brings us great joy knowing that we were able to be a part of your vacationing experience. We hope to see you again soon.
South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I would like to start off by saying that this is my very first online review EVER; yet my experience was SoOoOoOoOoO horrendous that I could not contain myself.

(*This may be a little long but I deemed the details to be worth the length*)

I must say that I consider myself a relatively decent planner, ensuring that my family and I get the best "bang for our buck" while not sacrificing our safety and well-being, fun, nor the distance from our scheduled entertainment. In order to plan accordingly, I consistently double and triple check out the hotel/motel I plan on staying in with several review boards/sites and, well, just do my research very thoroughly. In fact, many times where I stay is based upon others' experience at the location I am researching, and I was under the impression I had successfully done the same with this Quality Inn North, but boy was I wrong.

I contacted Quality Inn North--Bradenton the Thursday prior to my scheduled arrival in order to reserve a room. Based upon the previous reviews listed on here and other sites I had my fingers crossed for vacancy, as it was a few days prior to Memorial Weekend, and sure enough I was in luck! I have to say that my initial interaction with this Quality Inn was pleasant; Bob was very helpful and inviting and kindly assisted me with making my reservation. I let Bob know that we would be a party of four (4): three (3) adults and one (1) child. Although they only had smoking rooms available to accommodate us, Bob did mention that he was making notes on the reservation to ensure that the room was intensely sprayed. I was completely aware that a smoking room can/will never smell like a non-smoking room, but I was hopeful, and in lieu of the short time frame, it was a sacrifice we were willing to make (it wasn't as if we were going to spend all day in the room anyway). I asked Bob the total cost of my scheduled stay and he provided me with an Estimated Stay Cost (it was at a bargain; or so I thought!).

After a three-and-a-half hour drive, we were ready to relax and enjoy our first night of vacation! Upon pulling into the parking lot we were already apprehensive. The location was somewhat sketchy and the parking lot was empty. Even my step-father commented that it was Memorial Day weekend and the place should be "busting at the seams" but it certainly did not appear that way. We made our way into the lobby and were greeted by Debbie. She asked us how many were checking in and we told her it was 4 of us, as I had informed Bob. Debbie proceeded to tell us that this information was not listed anywhere on the reservation, and that we would have to pay an extra $10.00 per night for the "extra" adult! I had already provided a credit card over the phone (and was never advised of this surcharge) and Debbie required yet another credit card, stating that this was necessary for check-out purposes. I informed her that we would be remitting a different form of payment (as in cash) and she stated this was standard procedure. I also asked Debbie why it would be extra if we had two double-beds any way and the room could accommodate up to four people, but she stated that this was the policy. Because we were tired from the drive, we conceded.

Once we drove around the motel to our room location, we immediately encountered three males conducting extremely suspicious activity (clearly a drug deal, in our opinion) directly next to our room! Upon entering the room, a huge wave/smell of smoke enveloped the entrance (clearly the room was not sprayed at all). In addition, the TV was extremely small, all of the "amenities" were totally outdated, and the straw that broke the camels back was the size of the beds: two FULLS instead of queen-sized beds! We had enough; we returned to the lobby to instantly checkout.

We let Debbie know of everything we came across at the room location, and she was willing to "permit" us to check-out; however, she stated that we would still be charged for the first night due to our checking-in after 4:00pm. My family and I promptly disputed the charge, elaborating on the specifics of what we witnessed, to which Debbie inquired on how we were so sure about the actions occurring (really Debbie)! After much back-and-forth, she finally contacted a supposed manager on the phone (whom by the way was supposedly on duty, per the sign hanging in the lobby). This "manager" allowed Debbie to reverse our check-in, and as we were voicing that we were going to write a review of our experience, Debbie stated: "Then we shouldn't even return your money"! Absolutely absurd!

After leaving the Inn, we decided to check the accounts/credit cards which were provided for check-in/out purposes, and sure enough...charges had posted! Holds/stops were immediately placed in order, and we returned to the Inn to dispute these charges. Clearly getting nowhere with Debbie (for the record, Quinta Inn North Manager Alan Kumar never even showed up--we dealt with Vimal), we called the local Bradenton police. It was at this point when Vimal (apparently not a manager but a supervisor?) requested to speak with us for a moment. Not once were any suggestions towards a resolution offered by La Quinta Inn--North; yet Vimal was the only staff member who did apologize and treated us respectfully. Finally police arrived and a report was written.

In conclusion, this Quality Inn should be meticulously inspected, not only within the staff but the facility itself as well. If Choice Hotels allows for this sort of establishment/franchise to carry its company's name on it, I am absolutely, unequivocally just shocked, appalled, embarrassed and disgusted! Hopefully a complete clean-out occurs, and I look forward to the resolution of my family's charges. They absolutely lost the opportunity of gaining a loyal customer, and have now won an honest review on TripAdvisor.

Quality Inn North--Bradenton: I will NEVER be returning!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you feel you may have incurred. Let us begin by stating, you originally booked your reservation for 1 person. At the time of arrival you stated you had 4 people. We do have a policy that states it is $10.00 per person per day for extra adults. You had two extra adults, therefor, there would be an extra charge. Also, when you expressed your concerns, we did allow you to check out with out being charged. When you use a debit card, it is treated like cash. Unlike credit cards which only authorize at time of check in. Debit cards will pull the money aside. We did however try to explain to you that there was no charge from our hotel and that the money would be put back into your account. That though, does depend on which bank you use and the time frame they take to release holds. The hotel cannot control how banks choose to operate. We understand your frustration when traveling, but again please check with your bank on future travels as to the debit/credit policies. Again, sorry for any inconvenience. We hope that you would give us another chance to show you that we truly take pride in our property and that we put the QUALITY in Quality Inn.
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our family of four often stays with our oldest daughter in Bradenton, but her A/C was broken. We needed a last-minute hotel room, with good reviews on TripAdvisor, that was within our price range. Many of the top-rated rooms were $125/night, and this one was $100. After our AAA card discount, we got it for $80! It was rather late so we just wanted to shower and sleep. Room 121 was clean and cool upon arrival, the shower was just perfect, with towels probably nicer than my own....The beds were very comfortable and the A/C kept us cool all night. The room had a small refrigerator, coffeemaker and microwave. The boys went to the continental breakfast and only came back with coffee and juice, so we drove to I-Hop down the street. We will recommend this hotel to any of our own family and friends coming to visit our daughter's family!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AlanKumar, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves while with us. We will use the feedback you provided to ensure that we can maintain the level of quality we provided to you, for other guests. As for the concern with breakfast, we are sorry to hear that you had to go to I-HOP. We do provide a hot breakfast that does include hot waffles and hot sausages, along with a variety of other items. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great experience-they made me feel right at home. I felt completely at ease, relaxed and rested all at the same time. The parking was just outside my door, saving me time and energy when loading and unloading my personal and business luggage. I was a guest for 2 months, on a business trip-the quality of the service for the entire stay was exceptional! I would recommend this hotel for business travel and/or personal vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AlanKumar, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us. We are pleased to know that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Quality Inn North? Share your experiences!