“October Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Bradenton I-75
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 67th St Circle E, Bradenton, FL 34208   |
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Bradenton

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

From mid March to late May 2012, I stayed at the Days Inn, I-75 in Bardenton FL.
I was pleased with the clean room,good customer service,reasonable rate, safe and secure, close to shopping and resturants. I highly recommend this Day Inn to any casual or business travler.

Room Tip: The single non-smoking room was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fruitland Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The location is good, restaurants are close by, the people are nice, and the price is decent. However, I would consider it a motel rather than a hotel. The rooms are a little small, and the carpet seems to be in need of replacement. We were on the bottom floor, so, not sure if it was from water damage or pet accidents, but it smelled musty and funky. We lit candles and that seemed to help a lot.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the second story.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Tripadvisor only gives us 5 stars to rate hotels so we need to keep that system in mind when we rate any accommodation. If we assume that we would give the Ritz a 5 star rating and some place that needs to close 1 star, how can you justify giving this place 4 stars? Ridiculous.

If we take those assumptions one step further, we could say that the three star rating could apply to “average” hotels with newer buildings, furniture and a nice complimentary breakfast. A newer Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn comes to mind. I’ve also stayed at other Days Inns that could easily have this rating. Unfortunately, it does not apply to this particular establishment. This hotel is a solid 2+ star. Nothing more. It met my basic requirements and I’m fine with it. Just be aware.

Let’s look at the good things:

• The price ($44 in July 2012). This alone should not raise the star rating. A good deal, yes.
• This is an older building and the exterior has been recently maintained. Parking lot has recently been resealed and restriped. The exterior has new paint and it has a new roof.
• It has a pool tight against the parking lot that looks fine but the only view is the cars and trucks parked next to it.
• It has a Sonny’s Bar-B-Q and a Cracker Barrel restaurant tight next door so you can easily walk. This was a real convenience.
• It’s located next to I-75 so it’s convenient if you’re traveling through the area.
• Free Wi-Fi with a 4 bar signal (which I think is fine). I was directly over the office so I don’t know the strength at the end of the building.
• My room had a refrigerator and a small microwave. Both were older models but worked.
• Hair dryer
• The room was generally clean. See below to qualify this statement.
• Bed was comfortable and sheets were clean
• The water was hot
• The AC was cold

Now the bad:

• Please refer to the pictures.
• The TV (CRT) was purchased when the Olympics were held in Atlanta. Not much life left in this old girl. It did have two HBO channels, but they were very grainy. The remote was also on its last legs as it would work only when it felt like it
• The carpet looked like it was older but generally in good shape. Unfortunately, the staff uses a standard floor vacuum that when pushed to the corner, leaves 1” of dust as it can’t pick up against the base (which is rolled up carpet). You would think they would take the hand attachment and vac the corners once in awhile. You can see a white film, 1” wide, all the way around the room. See pictures. I hope management will see this and instruct the staff in basic vacuuming.
• The bathroom floor is missing tile at the door threshold where it changes to carpet. The carpet at this location had come loose and was obvious.
• The bathroom had scum, dirt or mold at the calk joint between the tub and tile. See picture. I hope management will have staff pull out the bleach and take care of this.
• The bathroom light fixture was rusted. Time for a new one.
• The office needs a cosmetic upgrade. Looked dingy and the windows looked dirty
• The breakfast is anything but. Coffee, fake orange juice, a small selection of muffins and corn flakes. The breakfast area is part of the office and also needs an upgrade. It looks dingy.
had the coffee and left.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hialeah, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

For the price, I can't complain. The front desk was very nice. I was taking my MCAT away from home and had to stay for two nights, so it served its purpose. The room was clean and a good amount of channels were available on TV.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Bradenton I-75? Share your experiences!