“Good stay” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Bradenton I-75 to your Saves list
Days Inn Bradenton I-75
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 67th St Circle E, Bradenton, FL 34208   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Bradenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

From mid March to late May 2012, I stayed at the Days Inn, I-75 in Bardenton FL.
I was pleased with the clean room,good customer service,reasonable rate, safe and secure, close to shopping and resturants. I highly recommend this Day Inn to any casual or business travler.

Room Tip: The single non-smoking room was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fruitland Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The location is good, restaurants are close by, the people are nice, and the price is decent. However, I would consider it a motel rather than a hotel. The rooms are a little small, and the carpet seems to be in need of replacement. We were on the bottom floor, so, not sure if it was from water damage or pet accidents, but it smelled musty and funky. We lit candles and that seemed to help a lot.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the second story.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Tripadvisor only gives us 5 stars to rate hotels so we need to keep that system in mind when we rate any accommodation. If we assume that we would give the Ritz a 5 star rating and some place that needs to close 1 star, how can you justify giving this place 4 stars? Ridiculous.

If we take those assumptions one step further, we could say that the three star rating could apply to “average” hotels with newer buildings, furniture and a nice complimentary breakfast. A newer Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn comes to mind. I’ve also stayed at other Days Inns that could easily have this rating. Unfortunately, it does not apply to this particular establishment. This hotel is a solid 2+ star. Nothing more. It met my basic requirements and I’m fine with it. Just be aware.

Let’s look at the good things:

• The price ($44 in July 2012). This alone should not raise the star rating. A good deal, yes.
• This is an older building and the exterior has been recently maintained. Parking lot has recently been resealed and restriped. The exterior has new paint and it has a new roof.
• It has a pool tight against the parking lot that looks fine but the only view is the cars and trucks parked next to it.
• It has a Sonny’s Bar-B-Q and a Cracker Barrel restaurant tight next door so you can easily walk. This was a real convenience.
• It’s located next to I-75 so it’s convenient if you’re traveling through the area.
• Free Wi-Fi with a 4 bar signal (which I think is fine). I was directly over the office so I don’t know the strength at the end of the building.
• My room had a refrigerator and a small microwave. Both were older models but worked.
• Hair dryer
• The room was generally clean. See below to qualify this statement.
• Bed was comfortable and sheets were clean
• The water was hot
• The AC was cold

Now the bad:

• Please refer to the pictures.
• The TV (CRT) was purchased when the Olympics were held in Atlanta. Not much life left in this old girl. It did have two HBO channels, but they were very grainy. The remote was also on its last legs as it would work only when it felt like it
• The carpet looked like it was older but generally in good shape. Unfortunately, the staff uses a standard floor vacuum that when pushed to the corner, leaves 1” of dust as it can’t pick up against the base (which is rolled up carpet). You would think they would take the hand attachment and vac the corners once in awhile. You can see a white film, 1” wide, all the way around the room. See pictures. I hope management will see this and instruct the staff in basic vacuuming.
• The bathroom floor is missing tile at the door threshold where it changes to carpet. The carpet at this location had come loose and was obvious.
• The bathroom had scum, dirt or mold at the calk joint between the tub and tile. See picture. I hope management will have staff pull out the bleach and take care of this.
• The bathroom light fixture was rusted. Time for a new one.
• The office needs a cosmetic upgrade. Looked dingy and the windows looked dirty
• The breakfast is anything but. Coffee, fake orange juice, a small selection of muffins and corn flakes. The breakfast area is part of the office and also needs an upgrade. It looks dingy.
had the coffee and left.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hialeah, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

For the price, I can't complain. The front desk was very nice. I was taking my MCAT away from home and had to stay for two nights, so it served its purpose. The room was clean and a good amount of channels were available on TV.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Canal Winchester, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family stayed here at the end of March for spring break. It was a spur of the moment trip so we could only really afford the Days Inn. I will start out by saying that I reserved online and had a very easy check in. Our room 113 was located on the first floor and we had easy access to the door of our motel, so unloading was a breeze. This Days Inn has been partially remolded- but we obviously were not in a remolded room. Our room was clean without any odor. The big problem I had was the mold like substance in our bathroom-see pics. Also the tub was in need of repair and was covered up with a plastic sticky flooring that could easily be pulled back. There was a piece of this also just sitting in the drain. Disgusting! But I went to the local Walmart and brought disinfectant spray, which I felt comfortable using. (We wear flip flops in showers anyway due to fungus, etc) The room had a small fridge and a small microwave which was very convenient. The beds were very comfortable but they are full size and not queen. I did see 3 bugs in the night stand. The pool was unheated and too cold for anyone to really enjoy it. In the 5ft area there was broken pieces of the pool on the flooring that needed repair. I also had to clean up many leaves before anyone could even swim. So the pics on their website is sort of misleading. I had my 68 year old mother,14 year old teen and a 11 month old baby traveling with us. With some rearranging of the room, we were able to fit the pack n' play for my baby in between the beds. The continental breakfast is limited with muffins, toast, cheap pastries, limited fruit selection. They did have cereal, oatmeal and coffee. The manager who was at the front desk could of been friendlier. There were several times I went into lobby to get coffee and was not greeted. I am a stickler for friendliness and customer service. One morning, at 9:02am, I went to get the continental breakfast. There was no breakfast out at all. I asked if they had any and was told by him, "No.," and then went on to talk to the other employee. I understood that breakfast ended at 9am and I was late by 2 minutes but thought that was a little ridiculous. I believe customer satisfaction should be a number one priority and that was not reflected from this manager. Overall our stay was satifactory. A decent room on a budget. I come from Ohio so I must say that my biggest worry on our trip was bedbugs and there is no bedbugs at this motel! I also stayed an extra two nights-so my stay was obviously satisfactory. I felt pretty safe in this area but it is nothing fancy. There is a McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, and Waffle House close by which is very convenient. If you go to Bradenton-make sure you visit Anna Maria Island and the wonderful gulf beaches! Hope my review helps!

Room Tip: From other reviews--flatscreen tvs. We had an old tv. Also ask to look at bathroom first especial...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Great front desk service, was driving for 12 hrs and it was great to come in and see a smiling face. Lady directed to a great location for some beers and BBQ on a Sunday night. Room was squeaky clean. Smelled fresh. Very quiet room even for being a stone throw away from the highway. Continental breakfast was small but still enough to get you going. TV was acting funny but the girl came right away and fixed the problem. nice pool too! will stay again in october!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
General_Manager_5591, General Manager at Days Inn Bradenton I-75, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your response and your time in writing one. Glad you enjoyed your time here with us in Bradenton and we will be waiting for you in October.

Been to Days Inn Bradenton I-75? Share your experiences!