“Repeat After Me - Seasonings are not optional” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 406 Restaurants in Bradenton
Bradenton, Florida
“Repeat After Me - Seasonings are not optional”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Salt, they say, is the magnifying glass of flavor. If this is true then surely pepper is the spice of life. This little restaurant recently opened and if they don't learn that salt, pepper, paprika, sage, rosemary and a host of other herbs and spices exist for reasons other than sitting on the shelf looking important, well, they're going to fail.

We went for lunch. There were only two other tables in use but hey, it was a late lunch.

My husband ordered the Club Wrap with home made potato chips. Me? I opted for the oven roasted open face turkey on Texas Toast with mash and gravy along with the veg of the day.

Okay - we'll start with the club wrap. He said it was good -- hefty and the wrap wasn't old or soggy. The chips? Well, here we go -- potato chips are pretty simple -- thinly sliced potatoes, some hot oil and for Pete's sake SALT. There was absolutely no salt and the chips were on the dark to burnt side.

My lunch? The Oven Roasted Turkey was processed turkey and judging by the amount of salt incorporated into that turkey, it was not one of the top brands. The Texas toast was..... burnt. When you took a bite of the turkey/toast/gravy you tasted salt and burnt.

The mash? I don't even know what to say about those - they were a mass of dense, thick and oddly colored potatoes. No seasoning. at. all. The gravy was beige and again, no seasoning. at all.

Veg of the day was clearly from a bag. They must have been tossed in boiling water and then plated. Wet and no seasoning. at. all.

The place is clean but very outdated (mauve went out in the 80's as I recall).

I really don't know what to say. I'm trying not to be too harsh and have removed an awful lot of comments but I simply cannot get around it -- salt and pepper are the two most basic spices and why oh why can't you use some chicken broth for those potatoes and frozen veg.

• Visited June 2014