“A pleasant stay while visiting Anna Maria” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West

You added Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 47th St W, Bradenton, FL 34210 (Formerly Inn & Suites on the Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Bradenton
Saint Augustine, Florida
“A pleasant stay while visiting Anna Maria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is only about 7 miles from Anna Maria Island, a place that is important in my childhood. My new hubby and I stopped here too on our honeymoon adventure. It turns out to be the same hotel I stayed in 8 years ago with some college friends, and it still looks the same. But that's a good thing. It has cozy beds, soft carpets, reasonably clean rooms, good A/C that is digital and lovely pool view. Great breakfasts, nice pool, hot tub, private patio around all that, and right by many things like Publix, Walmart, Movie theater, restaurants, ETC. Good for families and couples.
Wifi and TV worked. We got good sleep.
They checked us in early and were nice people. A lightbulb was out in the bathroom and a guy came to fix it right away.

Here are the few critiques:
-At this particular location, a fridge and microwave are considered an "upgrade" and are only provided in a the more expensive rooms. While most hotels just include them, I was a bit surprised by this but I probably didn't read the fine print when I booked online. Oh well.
Since I have a few dietary limitations, I had to go to the publix next door and get coolers for my stuff but at least the hallways have free ice machines that work well.
-Some reviews do say the hotel and rooms have "wear and tear". This is true. While it appears to be clean, you can see evidence that it has been "well loved" throughout, though in my opinion nothing cringe-worthy. I've seen "bad" in Daytona Beach. This was nothing. They were in the process of having some paint and some work done so maybe they are working on it.

Room Tip: If you need a mini fridge, make sure you talk to the front desk and get all the details about your r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear lovelylotus0829 -

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel. We are always pleased to get constructive and positive input from our guests. It reinforces our good efforts and helps us to improve as well.

Mini-refrigerators are not brand requirements for Holiday Inn Express. But your point is well take for those with special dietary concerns. I intend to recommend them to our owners for further investment in our property. Our guests satisfaction is our #1 goal.

Please do come back to visit again.

Bob Monica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Here for work solo. Clean, asked for a quite room top floor away from elevator and it was executed, very quite! Nice location, Publix across the street and in the back there is an LA fitness that comes free with your room! Major bonus!! Breakfast is free, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, fruits, oatmeal, yogurts, muffins etc. also in back there is a movie theater and Gio pizza/martini bar which was great! Just to note.. No refrigerator in rooms but very comfortable

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Napamoon -

Thank you for taking time to tell folks about your positive experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West. We appreciate your business and were pleased to hear that you found your visit comfortable and convenient. That's incredibly important when you are traveling for business.

We agree that our location makes us a great choice in the area. Next time you return you may want to take time to visit the Bradenton Beach area. You will find that we are the closest nationally branded hotel to them as well.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Again, thanks for your kind words.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

First time at a holiday inn express, good room prices. My group had two rooms, a standard & a suite. Rooms were spacious & comfortable. Clean for the most part.. I did spot some hair on the bathroom floor. The beds were comfortable. Free breakfast was one of the better free breakfasts I have had. Pool area was nice, hotel staff were great! Needed another elevator though!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Niccibabi -

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business, especially if you are new to Holiday Inn Express. I apologize for the hair on the floor. There is no excuse for that. I'll speak to our Executive Housekeeper about that.

We hope that you come back to see us again. The Bradenton area is a great place to visit and our location is the central to everything. Have a great summer.

Maynard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was greeted promptly by a friendly, knowledgeable staff member at the desk. He understood what I was looking for, and gave me the perfect room. It was clean, spacious, had everything I needed, and was priced right. Comp breakfast was a full, hot breakfast-not muffins and pastry. The pool and area was clean, with both sun and shade all day, and plenty of lounges, as well as tables and chairs. I was there 3 nights, and everyone was friendly and happy to help. I'm glad I found this place-it is 5-15 mins from my parents, who I visit at least twice a year.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the first floor, which had a slider to the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear melissay123 -

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your headquarters in the Brandenton area. Actually, I first found the hotel visiting my parents who live nearby, so we have that in common.

We all appreciate your positive feedback. Out entire team is dedicated to customer satisfaction, and they get genuinely excited to receive 5 star ratings. We'll do our best to continue to earn them.

Thanks again for your patronage. We look forward to your next visit.

Lakeville, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I give em credit for letting us check in at 11 a.m. upon taking the elevator- which smelled musty and then opening up our room, more musty, small area of wallpaper ripped open, sleeping area -not a lot to move around in, thin walls- we heard people coming/going, horns honking-- i'd rate this a 2 out of a 10. the breakfast was ok- the bacon was paperthin something from a pkg - I won't stay there again--- beds are firm- too firm. and the airconditioner is a tad noisy.

Room Tip: we had a standard room. but please ask for a room away from ice machine !!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear MattVP

I have reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my personal apologize for the many shortcomings you experienced as our guest. It has been some time since we received such harsh feedback from a guest. I regret that we were unable to provide you with a better stay.

Our entire team cares deeply about our guest’s satisfaction. I will review your comments with them as an opportunity to inspire improved performance. We are dedicated to providing value to every guest. Your valuable response will help us to do better.

Again, my thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future with confidence that we can provide you with a much improved experience.

New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This Holiday Inn is staffed by very nice friendly people. I was meeting my daughter that was coming from Naples and called for an early check in when I got there my daughter was already in and at the pool, The location is not scenic but it is convenient to most things, There a superb restaurant Gios that is adjacent the parking lot,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bettyboop2_12

First of all I understand the reference to Betty Boop (boo a boo a boo a boop - poop poop pa do). But more importantly thank you for your generous comments. We appreciate your taking the time to provide such positive feedback. It helps us to perform better in the future.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

north of Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here in March of 2013 and submitted a review then. I like it enough to book this place again for March of 2014. It's all about Pittsburgh Pirates spring training for me. Rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet. Breakfast is adequate. One thing that dropped the rating just a tad was that the coffee carafes were empty much of the time, and even after asking for them to be replenished, it took quite a while so we gave up and went out to get some. Pool is clean as usual, but temps were a little chilly this year so I didn't jump in. This is a good location with a 20 minute drive to St. Armand, 25 or so minutes to Siesta Key Beach, and about 10 minutes from Anna Maria Island....Great little restaurants on that Island, by the way. All in all was a pleasant stay once again and will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jimb0BigDude

Thank you for the positive review regarding your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide friendly, helpful service. We agree that the area is just beautiful, and there is no better location to enjoy the Bradenton Beach area than the Holiday Inn Express.

We appreciate your business. Please come back and visit again soon.

Bob Monica

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West? Share your experiences!