“A nice change from buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bradenton, Florida
“A nice change from buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our first visit to Asia, but it won't be the last. We are so tired of Chinese buffets, where we always eat too much mediocre food. We tried 2 of the $8.95 specials- I opted for egg roll with spicy thai rice with chicken, EXCELLENT and huge. The hot and sour soup was different, beefy, but very tasty, and the cashew chicken was also very good. We both will have left overs for dinner tonight! The staff were very welcoming and attentive. Nice decor, and a great place to have conversation and feel relaxed, no loud musak! Will try something with shrimp on next visit because the diners nearby were raving about their meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sarasota, Florida
“YOU GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE WITH REASONABLE PRICES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I live near the Asia Restaurant and just never tried their food until recently. I wish we would have tried them out a long time ago. The food is so much better than we expected. So much that we've been back twice already. Both times we've had the same server (don't know his name) but a very good waiter. The food was great, it had awesome flavor, you can get mild, med and hot. I tried the hot, as our waiter said it was not that hot. It was too hot for my liking, but not so much that I could not eat it. The first time, I had what I think was called the China beef which was good; and my husband had the mongolian beef. He loved his. So, of course I had to try his. The flavor was excellent - excellent. I had the wonton soup, which came out blazing hot as I like. The soup had good flavor, but the wontons were a bit soggy. Our second visit we both had the mongolian beef, again it was awesome and the portion size was large enough that both times we asked for to go boxes.

Both times the same woman came out and checked to make sure we were satisfied with everything which is a nice touch, as we eat out very often and that does not happen much, unless we frequent chains -- which we try not to.

The food is very reasonably priced. I think it is about 9.00 for a dinner that includes soup. We've spent a whole lot more for food that was flat out bad!

If you are looking for Chinese in the area, try them out, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Traditional Chinese Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We liked ordering good food from a menu rather than picking from a buffet, which seems to predominate among local Chinese restaurants. Food was good and it would be my first choice if food was the only criterion. Unfortunately, distance is a selection factor for me.

Fortescue, New Jersey
“Excellent service, Delicious Asian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had dinner here because it was near where we were staying. The staff was very friendly. For starters I had the egg drop soup and my husband had the wonton soup. Both soups arrived at our table piping hot. Best egg drop soup I've in a while. I ordered the orange honey shimp and my husband ordered the scallop stir fry. The food was delicious! The restaurant is very clean and nicely decorated. Soft background music allows you to have a conversation during dinner. We would eat at this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belton, Texas
“Nice restaurant, good food, family-owned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We ate there while traveling because it was close to the motel. Good food at a reasonable price. They've been in business since 1976. I would recommend this
restaurant. I am surprised there were no reviews on it.

• Visited December 2011