“RV Stay” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   405-57th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34207   |
Savannah, Georgia
“RV Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The place needs a lot of work. There is very little in the way of activity's during June time frame. The sites for guest are close enough for you to hand a sandwich to the next RV through your window ! There is very limited WIFI available in the RV sites. The bath facility is dirty and in bad repair. We were told that cable was available, but it was not. You have to be there for a minimum of 30 days before cable is available. There is almost no shade trees, the pads are crumbling, and the picnic table are rotting. The only thing positive about the place is that the pool has been renovated. The assistant manager was very nice and helpful when we arrived. We never saw the general manager. The only time I heard from him was when we had returned home. He called and spoke to my wife at first in a very nasty and derogatory manner. He claimed we had destroyed a hook-up stand when we departed. Once I talked to him, he realized that another RV family with the same name was at fault. He could have easily verified the correct site number before calling us. We will not stay her again and have contacted Sun RV Resorts about this stay. The site was so bad we left after 5 days even though we had paid for 2 weeks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have a 5th wheel and have stayed in many RV parks. I can honestly say that this a very well run park, the park is clean, there are many activities,and the pool is super clean. There are many events held and are always sold out due to popularity. The management is so accommodating that we would recommend this park to anyone who wants to have an exceptional stay. You are situated close to shopping, and only 15min max to the best beaches in North America. We intend on making this our 6 month winter vacation for many years to come. the manager is an awesome guy and I give him a 10 out of 10 for personality, management skills, and how he treats his customers. He is accommodating with site choices and runs a very safe park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is the second winter (January, February , March ) I have stayed at this rv park and it has been a wonderful experience, the pool water is warm and always clean as well as all the facilities. I have friends from my home town in Pennsylvania that have been coming to this park for many years and now I can see why. We have made many new friends from all over the US and Canada. The manager and his wife make a good team and will do anything they can to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is our fifth year staying here and booked next years already. The GM and his wife are the best they bend over backwards to make you comfortable.there is so much to do at the campground such as cards, shuffle board,swimming, crafts, that is just a few, then you have the other campers from all over, it is one big happy family. We have the best time ever.
The park has large sites and is very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The place itself was very good, clean and comfortable. The major problem, was with the management staff. We checked into the place a day later than expected; therefore we intended and paid for an additional day. However, a day before we were due to check out, the GM arrived at our rental unit and demanded we leave. We explained that we arrived a day late, and we when did arrive, we paid for an extra day to compensate our late arrival. We were then told we MUST leave the premises immediately and we had thirty minutes to pack our things and go. Failure to do so would result in an immediate call to the police. With a family of five, thirty minutes to pack up all our thing is no easy task. The GM was not only rude, he used swear words in front of our seven year old daughter. We travel frequently, and would not recommend this resort to anyone. It is poorly managed by an incompetent, arrogant man with no people skills whatsoever.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We rented a new mobile home on their property around Halloween. Although the accommodations and amenities were a bargain, the on-site General Manager catapulted the concept of customer service to a level beyond reason - even for the other Goblins slithering about during All Hallows Eve. As you will read below, he put them to shame. You see, we had originally reserved the rental house for a week, starting on a certain date. Then, well before that date, we spoke with the front office manager lady and asked to change the date to arrive one day later. I was told '...Oh that's absolutely no problem we'll just change your arrival date and time, and notate that you will be here til the following day. We'll see you then!' And they did. We arrived, paid, and checked in. Here and there, during our stay, we had heard rumblings from some of the residents related to the GM of the property. Apparently, he was earning a rep as an uncaring, overbearing jerk. At least that's what we were told in so many words. We shrugged it off, as we surmised that we wouldn't be there long enough to be adversely affected by any such phenom of discontent. Then, late morning on the 6th day of our stay, the GM came scooting up in his golf cart, leaping off the cart while simultaneously hard-braking and blurting...'You're scheduled to be out today!' I assured him we had paid for a week and that this was only the 6th day. He jumped back on his cart and pulled away as he replied he would check with the front office and be back. I scratched my head and retrieved my receipt. Sure enough, it showed the date and amount paid for a week's stay. He returned, and before I could get a word out went into confrontational style and told me that it didn't matter what I was reading, that the office system record showed my reservation was for the period of time starting a day before (date of original reservation) and that this was the 7th day since that day, regardless of when we arrived and actually paid and checked-in. He then, (without response from me), menacingly informed me that I would have 30 minutes to vacate and 'If you're not out by then, I'll throw you out!...And don't ever come back!' I must confess...with customer service panache and grace like that, who in the world would NOT want to come back? Okay, 30 minutes - 2 adults, 3 small children, loads of vacation stuff, and clothes had just been put in the washer. Earlier that day my grown daughter had come by and borrowed our van to drive to visit friends an hour away and was not expected back til dinner time. We put the pedal to the metal and somehow managed to get it all done in time, and get transportation. I'm relatively confident that the Arbor Terrace Corporate powers would not condone this pseudo-manager's vile demeanor and disgusting way of dealing with customers, and I'm also relatively confident that the GM himself hoped his conduct would never be brought to light beyond that noon-time debacle. Sadly for him, it will be. Corporate as well as myriad media outlets and travel agencies shall be well informed of his conduct. His employer certainly would not consider his actions 'corporate comportment'. I just wanted to be sure that anyone considering a stay at the Arbor Terrace in Bradenton, Florida take this true review into consideration.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Arbor Terrace RV Resort? Share your experiences!