“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   405-57th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34207   |
Bradenton, Florida
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is our fifth year staying here and booked next years already. The GM and his wife are the best they bend over backwards to make you comfortable.there is so much to do at the campground such as cards, shuffle board,swimming, crafts, that is just a few, then you have the other campers from all over, it is one big happy family. We have the best time ever.
The park has large sites and is very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Sarasota, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The place itself was very good, clean and comfortable. The major problem, was with the management staff. We checked into the place a day later than expected; therefore we intended and paid for an additional day. However, a day before we were due to check out, the GM arrived at our rental unit and demanded we leave. We explained that we arrived a day late, and we when did arrive, we paid for an extra day to compensate our late arrival. We were then told we MUST leave the premises immediately and we had thirty minutes to pack our things and go. Failure to do so would result in an immediate call to the police. With a family of five, thirty minutes to pack up all our thing is no easy task. The GM was not only rude, he used swear words in front of our seven year old daughter. We travel frequently, and would not recommend this resort to anyone. It is poorly managed by an incompetent, arrogant man with no people skills whatsoever.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We rented a new mobile home on their property around Halloween. Although the accommodations and amenities were a bargain, the on-site General Manager catapulted the concept of customer service to a level beyond reason - even for the other Goblins slithering about during All Hallows Eve. As you will read below, he put them to shame. You see, we had originally reserved the rental house for a week, starting on a certain date. Then, well before that date, we spoke with the front office manager lady and asked to change the date to arrive one day later. I was told '...Oh that's absolutely no problem we'll just change your arrival date and time, and notate that you will be here til the following day. We'll see you then!' And they did. We arrived, paid, and checked in. Here and there, during our stay, we had heard rumblings from some of the residents related to the GM of the property. Apparently, he was earning a rep as an uncaring, overbearing jerk. At least that's what we were told in so many words. We shrugged it off, as we surmised that we wouldn't be there long enough to be adversely affected by any such phenom of discontent. Then, late morning on the 6th day of our stay, the GM came scooting up in his golf cart, leaping off the cart while simultaneously hard-braking and blurting...'You're scheduled to be out today!' I assured him we had paid for a week and that this was only the 6th day. He jumped back on his cart and pulled away as he replied he would check with the front office and be back. I scratched my head and retrieved my receipt. Sure enough, it showed the date and amount paid for a week's stay. He returned, and before I could get a word out went into confrontational style and told me that it didn't matter what I was reading, that the office system record showed my reservation was for the period of time starting a day before (date of original reservation) and that this was the 7th day since that day, regardless of when we arrived and actually paid and checked-in. He then, (without response from me), menacingly informed me that I would have 30 minutes to vacate and 'If you're not out by then, I'll throw you out!...And don't ever come back!' I must confess...with customer service panache and grace like that, who in the world would NOT want to come back? Okay, 30 minutes - 2 adults, 3 small children, loads of vacation stuff, and clothes had just been put in the washer. Earlier that day my grown daughter had come by and borrowed our van to drive to visit friends an hour away and was not expected back til dinner time. We put the pedal to the metal and somehow managed to get it all done in time, and get transportation. I'm relatively confident that the Arbor Terrace Corporate powers would not condone this pseudo-manager's vile demeanor and disgusting way of dealing with customers, and I'm also relatively confident that the GM himself hoped his conduct would never be brought to light beyond that noon-time debacle. Sadly for him, it will be. Corporate as well as myriad media outlets and travel agencies shall be well informed of his conduct. His employer certainly would not consider his actions 'corporate comportment'. I just wanted to be sure that anyone considering a stay at the Arbor Terrace in Bradenton, Florida take this true review into consideration.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Arbor Terrace RV Resort? Share your experiences!