“New Combo Deals” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Bradenton, Florida
“New Combo Deals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We just went for the new take 2 menu and you can choose from 5 different entree's to pair together. We both got steak and asked for the steak rare and guess what, it came out rare and nobody put mayonnaise on it. It came with a sweet and spicy Hawaiian BBQ sauce and a slice of grilled Vidalia onion and garlicky spinach. One of us got the green goddess wedge salad and the other got the margarita queso chicken. Excellent meal for the price. Of course we had to share a Blond Brownie Sundae for dessert, warm blondie walnut brownie, vanilla ice cream and a rich maple butter sauce.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bradenton
“poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

silverware not brought out till after meal brought to table.Seen it happened at other table also.Disgruntled customers at 2 other tables because of service.All items on meal not brought out at same time.Food okay but small chicken portions.Ask the manager last time about no alcohol in marguerites.He said he would check it.Still very weak or no alcohol in marguerites.Maybe trying to save money.From now on we order beer.Servers running around with what appeared to be no orderliness.Folks this is summertime.What are you going to do when the snow birds get here.I say everyone at the Cortez place need to be retrained including management.The ST.Pete Applebees seem to have it together.Talked to other people and they said basically the same thing about the Bradenton restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Valrico
“Service says you enjoy your work and want to be there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Cheyenne welcomed us and sat us at our table. She had an immediate connection with my blessings. The server Rick was exceptional and treated my kids like they were important patrons and guests. We were seated at a booth that holds 15 (8 in our family) but didn't feel crowded or like we were in the way of interfering with other people's dinners and services.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“visited this past weekend....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

hi
we were a party of 5 and ate there on Saturday evening. The server was friendly, patient and very accommodating with my daughter and I because we kept making changes to our order. The strawberry lemonade are very good. My chicken pasta was good but very watery and not enough chicken. My daughter's sirloin steak had no flavor, but the rest of the meals were fine (hamburguer, quesadilla burguer and chilli steak). I will return to eat at an applebees. I have been to many of them, but this one was our first time.

Visited February 2014
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I are both on Weight Watchers diet plans and stopped at Applebee's last night it try their new dishes categorized as Weight Watchers approved (or endorsed?). We both had the 7 oz sirloin, one medium and one medium rare.

My wife's was cooked perfectly medium but was hard to cut and tough to chew, mine was just sort of gray inside and outside. It was also very salty and had no resistance when cutting it. The manager stopped by as he usually does to ask us how our meal was so we were honest with him and told him exactly what I just related. He offered to replace our steaks but we had finished maybe 3/4 of them and were no longer hungry. He seemed puzzled by the saltiness and said that no season was added at the restaurant. He also said they came vacuum wrapped and that may have affected the consistency of the meat. Well, I wonder if the firm packaging the steaks may have pre-seasoned them. I cook a lot in our family and would never not season a steak whilst cooking it.

We like Applebee's and will likely return but most definitely will have something not vauum packaged which likely includes most of the meat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!