“Not just for sno-birds” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Bradenton, Florida
“Not just for sno-birds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very pleasant and welcoming breakfast and lunch cafe. Good menu with many things outside the normal "run of the mill" eggs and pancakes. Choice of counter, table or booth or al fresco. Returning to try luncheon with ladies group.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Favorite Breakfast in Bradenton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We discovered this strip mall gem and kept going back! During our 6-day stay, we had breakfast at the Sage Biscuit Cafe three mornings, and it wasn't even close to where we were staying. The food and service were top notch. The coffee is good. My favorite was the Mediterranean omelet but I also enjoyed the homemade corned beef hash.

One of the mornings we were there, I noticed the floor was slippery. At first I thought I had something on my shoe that I brought in. Then we realized that it was condensation from the humid weather. Extra rugs were put down, but a server did fall with an order. In such conditions, perhaps the AC should have been turned on to make the footing safer for patrons and employees alike. We went back the next day, the humidity was down, and there was no slipperiness.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Found It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I have been trying different restaurants for breakfast to replace one we had been going to for a couple of years. It had become dirty and the food quality declined so it was time to move on. There are many places that serve breakfast in the Bradenton area and we tried most of them. Some were too noisy, some had terrible food or service, others weren't clean and some just had boring menus. We wanted a place that had home cooking, with someone who knows how to cook, decent portions for the price, a calm atmosphere (unlike the Cracker Barrel), a place where I don't have to wipe down the table to get it clean enought to sit at and hopefully a health code approved kitchen (there is a restuarant in the area who's kitchen I have been in and I won't go back).

And then we found the Sage Biscuit Cafe. I almost hesitate to post this review for fear it will generate too much business! Our first visit was on Easter Sunday at 9 AM, and we only had to wait a few minutes to get an inside 2-top table. It's a small facility with a counter that faces the open kitchen, along with a few booths, some family size tables and a number of two person tables. It has a cozy decor that isn't over done. It is hard to see from Cortez Road because it is at the back of the strip mall that Anna Maria Oyster Bar also occupies.

With robust coffee, cheerful and efficient servers, and excellent food, we have found our Sunday morning breakfast place. My husband ordered the Eggs Benedict and gave it his seal of approval. The sauce was creamy and had just the right amount of lemon flavor, the eggs were poached to perfection (many places don't do well with poached eggs), and the usual Canadian Bacon was replaced with a large, thick slice of ham. This was all on top of a savory sage biscuit. He hardly talked while eating. I ordered the corned beef hash and it too was outstanding. Definately home made, the meat and veggies were finely chopped and had a noticeable herb flavoring. It was a bit heavy on the red and green bell peppers, but that just my opinion. And the accompaning sage biscuit was so good. Of course other breads are available, but once you try the buscuit, you will be sold. I did enjoy the choice of orange marmalade in the jelly packets and the butter served in a small ramakin instead of having to peel it out of little wrappers. And in honor of the holiday, each plate had a chick PEEP sitting on a slice of orange.

Prices were consistant with other good restaurants in the area, like First Watch. There were specials that morning that sounded very interesting (pastrami hash or waffle covered in fruit and yogurt). There are plenty of parking spaces in the morning since it's the only business open then. Hopefully the Sage Biscuit will stay it's course and keep us as their customers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pentwater, Michigan
“Wonderful breakfasts, great value, highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

First time for the five of us today. The restaurant was quite busy because it was a rainy day but we had a table right away and our server was prompt to take and serve our beverage orders.

The food took a little while although I didn't time it, maybe 10-15 minutes. I had the delicious veggie hash. The eggs were cooked exactly as I ordered. And there was a nice fresh fruit cup on the side.
Others ordered omelettes, biscuits and sausage gravy, and corned beef hash. All orders were steaming hot and we were all pleased. We'll definitely go back.

There were plenty of outside tables as well. To be honest I don't remember much about the atmosphere - impression is clean, pleasant and business-like.

Definitely recommend for breakfast. Will try for lunch.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“Great food but don't sit outside if you are in a hurry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food here is top notch! The variety is amazing for a breakfast/lunch/brunch place in Bradenton. In addition to the usual offerings there are many eclectic choices such as samosas, heart healthy burrito, and fried green tomato grilled cheese sandwich. WARNING: On our most recent visit a friend and I both made the mistake of ordering bloody marys. This place doesn't have a full liquor license so they were made with wine (which we didn't realize until it was too late). They weren't at all what we had expected and neither of us could drink them. Fortunately they took them off of our bill without any dispute. The food has been great on each of my 3 visits and this is definitely my favorite brunch place in the area. On each visit we have sat outside because there has been a wait for an inside table. Each time the service outside has been really sloooooow! We've noticed people who got there after us & waited for a seat inside still finished and left before us. That's fine if you want a very leisurely meal experience but definitely a drawback if you have a busy day ahead. Overall though this is a welcome addition and refreshing change for the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere