“Great Atmosphere and Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Sports Grill Located in NW Bradenton
Bradenton, Florida
“Great Atmosphere and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

On Friday night my family and I decided to check out Mannatees Sports Grill because we had heard great things about the food and they also had a band, Democracy, playing. So we decided it would be a good night to venture that way to get to see the live entertainment as well as try the food we have heard so many excellent comments about.

Not only was the food outstanding, the menu also provided great variety! Our friends had said good things about Mannatees and told us to check it out, so i was expecting it to be pretty good, but i was not expecting it to be so good that i have already been two more times since Friday..

I don't quite know how to describe the service, other than it was freakishly amazing. Not only was our waitress very kind and attentive to our needs, she was also very informative on the menu and incredibly helpful when it came to picking one of the many great micro brews on tap.

The owners were also walking around to the tables making sure everything was up to par. I have never been to a place where the staff was so team oriented and cared not only their own tables but their co workers as well.

I know i will be going back again soon, especially since i just learned about Wednesday night being ladies night from 8-10 (who can resist free drinks!!) So not only will i get to have a couple free cocktails, i will also get to listen to live entertainment :) !

I highly recommend this place for not only the excellent food, but also for the attentive staff, and the caring owners. Every experience has been with a different waiter/waitress, but it all has been just as great. It is rare to find a place where the owners are phenomenal and care so much about the customer needs..

Before i wrote this i read the previous reviews, and although there is only a few negative comments i was very surprised at what I read. Those reviews should be disregarded as they seem to be silly accusations from people that are use to Tequila Beach and their 25 cent natty light beer night, and cheap crap food. As for the comment about management not being good or unaware or whatever that reads--anyone who goes in there would be able to see differently instantly. I may have only been there 3 times now, but each time i have watched them constantly help run food, seat people, and go around to all the tables making sure everyone is happy.

I hope this review helps, i know it is lengthy, but i was just so amazed at everything about the place and wanted to share my experience in detail!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

bradenton
“Awesome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My fiance and I tried Mannatee's the other night and we thought it was really good. We are from New Hampshire originally and wanted to find a place that made pizza like home. This place was awesome. I had the Margherita Flatbread and it tasted like North Shore, Boston. He had the ribs and thought they were "fall off the bone, Southern style ribs, just great". He is a picky eater too..

What attracted us to this place was a review of the 33 draft beers and microbrews. My fiance hates Amber Bock and only drinks Budweiser while he is playing Beer Pong, but Guinnes, Vanilla Porter, and so many other craft brews and IPAs made him very happy, and a little tipsy. All in all we had a great time, and even got to watch the Sox beat the Yankees!!

We got to meet one of the owners and he seemed very proud of his new business, you could tell he was hands-on and this was his baby. We will be back. We think they are going to do great in this location, and what they are offering to the Bradenton area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“MANNATEE'S SPORTS GRILL--BEST FOOD, SERVICE AND BEER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

New owners have taken the old Tequila Beach and made it into a family friendly, clean and fun place! They have a fantastic beer selection with lots of high quality, and yes somewhat expensive, beers on tap. Of course if you want Bud Light they've got plenty of that too. Great menu. Give this place a chance and you won't be disappointed. The owner shared that nothing is frozen, everything fresh and very tasty. I'll be back many times!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palma Sola, Florida, United States
“Service, staff, management = horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Tried Manatee's Sports Grill on a whim on I believe a Tuesday night. Arrived to find a trivia game, which we participated in (was actually fun). However, I got the vibe that the place should stop cooking food and just try being a bar instead. Our table service was horrible. Our server was completely clueless: took forever to be noticed, took even longer to get drinks and our food orders were screwed up (ordered a baked potato and got baked beans, had to cut a steak with a butter knife, etc...), when he dropped off the check, I asked for a pen and he literally said "Oh, I have to pull it out of my fro," and he gave me the pen from behind his ear, which was actually buried in his hair (disgusting!), then he took about 15 minutes to pick-up our card to pay after he dropped off check and said that he wasn't sure if someone else had gotten it or not. Unfortunately, this wasn't the worst part of our experience there.

While we were waiting for the check, my wife and I very clearly overheard the waiter at the booth next to us, proudly telling very inappropriate jokes to the customers at his table. First, he started with jokes about "gay guys," then "lesbians" and finished it out with a slew of "black" jokes. All of my words in quotes are words I heard the waiter say repeatedly in his jokes and are no exaggeration. I couldn't believe my ears. Jokes like that are inappropriate in any forum ESPECIALLY when you are a waiter at a restaurant and ESPECIALLY when you're saying them loud enough to be very clearly heard by the surrounding tables. We could not believe our ears. The person seemed oblivious to the fact that the subjects of his jokes could have been (and WERE) sitting close enough to him to hear what he was saying.

After that occurred, and the trivia game ended, the place virtually cleared out. At that time, I got the feeling that the restaurant staff, and also trivia MC, were using the place as their own playground because service virtually stopped and they weren't doing much besides joking with each other and screwing around. Both my wife and I felt like we were unwelcomed guests at a party at that point and the situation felt VERY uncomfortable. I have to wonder if all of the employees are just buddies with the management or owners because it felt like we were intruding on someone's private club. I'm not sure if management at this place knows about this kind of behavior or if they're a part of it.

The experience we had at the restaurant might've been good if we wanted to go hang out at a bar. The trivia game was fun, but all of our fun stopped when the restaurant staff totally fell apart. Not only were we offended but we were made to feel uncomfortable. Needless to say, we will NEVER set foot in that place again. Additionally, I have and will continue to spread the word about our horrible experience there.

Should an owner or manager of that restaurant read this and want to dig deeper into the bigoted, racist joke-telling we heard, I can give you the date and time of our visit and the server's name who said them.

I have never experienced something like this in any restaurant, bar, or any type of business in my life. If you want to try Manatee's Sports Grill, I would advise against it but if you insist on going, I would say get there fast because I can't imagine they'll be in business very long.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Anna Maria, Florida
“Manatee's Sports Bar will be gone in two years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Two days ago my wife and I took our two grandkids to Manatee's Sports Bar for dinner. Although the waitress was friendly and the place seemed clean, the food was tasteless.

They also have 40 draft beers on tap, most of which are micro brews that no one has ever heard of and they are charging $7 per glass. Believe it or not you could not even get a glass of Budweiser? The average person is not interested in these beers, let alone paying that much for a draft beer. The person or persons making their marketing decisions is truly out of touch with this area.

With the number of restaurant choices in the area this place will never make it in the long run and it is a shame since the location and building has a lot of potential.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere