“Good Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Bradenton
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a typical Marriott Fairfield - good beds, nice service, EXCELLENT hot breakfast, etc. and the overall general experience you would expect from a Fairfield. As other reviewers mentioned, the hotel could use some updating, particularly to the bathrooms - but other than that the carpet, furniture, etc. look great - and the place is clean. Jessie, the manager, gave me a great deal for a 5-day stay and upgraded my room because I was Marriott gold card member. The location of the hotel is FANTASTIC for anyone that's staying in the area for a few days - lots of stores and restaurants nearby, not far from the beach(es) and 15-minutes from the airport. I give this hotel 5-stars within the category of hotel it belongs and for the experience I had.

Room Tip: Pool-side is quiet. Lakewood Ranch area nearby has a great movie theater near the water.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks again for your feedback. Please return soon

Rob Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Guildford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here for six nights over Easter while visiting friends. The hotel is comfortable and clean and my room had a nice view of the lake. The restaurant I only visited for breakfast. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and the food good if not great. My booking came with a $20 breakfast coupon each morning, but I struggled to spend more than about $7 on breakfast, so unless you're supewr hungry in the mornings you might get better value just paying. The pool area was clean and quiet with a small jacuzzi pool. Not much else to say really. Its like so many hotels I've stayed in on business over the years. Unremarkable but it was certainly clean, quiet and comfortable. My bed was certainly comfortable and I slept very well.

Room Tip: Get a lake view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your comments and I am glad you slept well.

Bayonet Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Booked this place one day in advance for a fantastic price through Priceline's Express Deal option. The hotel was located adjoining a shopping plaza with many restaurant options and a Publix Supermarket. Very convenient to my conference location 1 mile away at the SCF Campus located in the Lakewood Ranch Corporate Park. Very upscale location. Our suite had a comfortable bed, free wi-fi (even though the website only mentioned it free in the lobby), flat screen TV, and very good hot & cold complimentary breakfast choices. It also had a fitness room with a decent-sized outdoor pool and hot tub. Very pleased with our one-night stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Business stay for 5 days, hotel not bad but needs repair and remodeling. The rooms were clean and the staff was wonderful and willing to please, but the rooms were old and in need of attention. My bathroom floor tiles were broken and loose, tub water leaked fully from faucet when the shower was running, bed was was lumpy, pillows were too soft. Also, I welcomed the free breakfast but there was no variety to what was being served, same thing for 5 days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
rferguson, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. The hotel was renovated about 21/2 years ago. All was done except the bathrooms, which will be done by the end of the year. I hope you will make it back soon

Northern Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is an easily accessible property from I-75 near the Lakewood Ranch development. Comfortable beds and pillows, clean, complete American breakfast (hot foods of poor quality except the make-it-yourself waffles which were great, all yogurts full of sugar, kid-friendly cereals), wide and well-lit hallways, pleasant front desk staff (with one exception). Numerous restaurants nearby. Parking is plentiful and we felt safe here. However, the free wifi is compromised, so don't access your e-mail here unless you want to have to delete your account and start over when you get home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for a week in March.
We found it very much to our liking - very difficult to find anything to be critical about.
All the staff we met were unfailingly pleasant and helpful, especially the lady who services the breakfast room, and the staff on reception.
Our room was very clean, the bedding was spotless, and the bed very comfortable.
We very much liked the position of the hotel, just if the I75 which gave us easy travel both North and South.
For us the complimentary breakfast was probably the best we have every had - plenty of choice, and everything replenished very regularly.
We would love to return for another stay.

Room Tip: Ours was in floor 3 overlooking the swimming pool, and was just fine. Can't comment on any of th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Don't get me wrong this is not a bad motel, the problem is you do not get what you pay for. The room was clean if you don't mind the lines of mold if the bathroom or the scuffs along the baseboards. The ac worked well even if you had no control over the temperature or the fan speed. The staff was nice, but they would not stop the loud music at the pool 10:30pm even if posted hours for the pool had it closing at 10:00 (bongo music no less, and loud enough to wake us up on the third floor). For the $200 plus rate I guess I expect more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear dho67,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the problems you had during your stay. I can assure you we will look into these issues as they are not the standard for our hotel. While we strive to exceed expectations for every guest, we occasionally mess up and we need to fix the problems as quickly as possible.

If you get a free minute, could you let us know what room you were in so we can solve some of these problems and make amends with you for your stay?

Our busy season is coming to a close and while we make certain we are competitive in the marketplace, the rates are definitely higher in February and March than the rest of the year. The good news, they are coming down and are a better value the year!

Rob Ferguson

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!