“Clean, quiet, good location; what more can you ask for?” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Bradenton
Sarasota, Florida
“Clean, quiet, good location; what more can you ask for?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here while attending a fundraising event nearby. The hotel is clean, quiet, and in a good location. The rooms are large. The front desk staff were all friendly and check-in was a breeze. My only recommendation for this hotel is to stay on the top floor. These hotels (let's be honest, the architecture and styles are all pretty much the same) are built with frame construction, and you can hear footsteps from the room above you. I was on the top floor, so I didn't have to deal with this. But I could tell that my own footsteps were making a lot of noise on the wooden subfloor.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. These hotels (let's be honest, the architecture and styles are all prett...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel must be the last to offer warm cookies upon arrival. A small gesture but so good at the end of the day. Big thanks to the staff that does this.Staff very friendly and willing to do anything extra to accommodate guests.
Rooms really clean and like the floor plan of the suite where the bathroom is not off the bedroom. A/C was really quiet although not central. Great breakfast.. better than most because there are more hot choices as well as fresh fruit and boiled eggs instead of just scrambled.

Farther from the beach than the Marriott cluster by the airport but good place for shopping and restaurants...you can walk to eat.

We chose to stay here the second time around and would choose here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I decided at the last minute to head to the Bradenton/Sarasota for New Year's Eve 2013. With the holiday falling in the middle of the week and still having to work on Thursday and Friday, we weren't able to venture very far from home. We searched the Internet and most rooms in Sarasota were either booked already or very expensive due to the holiday. However, we were able to book a King Room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for $84.00 which we felt was a great deal. While making the reservation we added the fact that it also was our 30th wedding anniversary. We really did get married on New Years Eve, 30 yrs. ago. We hope to book a cruise in the spring to really celebrate when we can get more time off from work.
When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been UPGRADED to a King Suite! The lady at the front desk had upgraded us and added a cute little note to our room key packet. My husband commented, "I guess they really do pay attention to the comment sections!"
This hotel really does look exactly like the photos on the web site. It was nicely decorated in navy and green and very clean. There was always good fresh coffee in the lobby along with a selection of teas. They also offer free breakfast which was pretty much the standard fare. The staff was very nice as well.
Our room was spotless and since it was a King Suite, it included 2 TV's which allowed my husband to watch football and I could watch whatever I wanted on the other. There was also a stereo, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, iron and ironing board in the closet. The lighting was great too. There were several lamps with outlets on the base which allowed us to plug in our cell phones and computer/IPad, which can sometimes be a challenge in other places. The overhead lighting had dimmer switches which I thought was a great touch. The air conditioning worked perfectly and was quiet when running. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable and the hotel was quiet even though it's location is close to I75. There were several shopping centers nearby. Overall this hotel is a great value and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed once again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch. It is a great location and the hotel accommodates our needs for feather-free bedding. The rates are usually reasonable too. The staff is courteous, helpful, and friendly. The breakfast area is pleasant and always has an assortment of food available. Since we do not eat sausage or eggs, we opt for the English muffin, fruit juice, and coffee. I purchase sliced turkey at the Publix nearby to place on my English muffin. The beds in our room were very comfortable and I slept well. Also, we were given a quiet room, upon request, with a view from the window. The room was very clean and well maintained. The computers in the lobby worked fine; because we are security conscious, we finally found the Safety feature to delete all work we had done. We will stay at the hotel next visit.

Room Tip: Make special requests in advance via email to the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
rferguson, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you had a great night of sleep. Please lets us know if we can help you in the near future

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

It was a really long trip and I was having difficulty with my car rental, etc. The staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites were SO nice and cheerful, I felt so much better. Having coffee out all of the time was great and they even have a Jacuzzi (which is not so common in Sarasota, since it is so warm most have only pools). The location is good and the breakfast is your standard free hot breakfast. I have dietary restrictions so my choices are always limited.

Signs about the breakfast and hotel details are very well displayed. I had a problem with hearing the wind very loud and thought it was a hotel issue. They sent someone to my room within 5 minutes and he fixed the issue in 2 minutes.

The hotel is nice and the nice and clean rooms are a little smaller than what I am used to but the price was great and the staff was worth it.

Room Tip: Next time I would choose a suite if the price is even close.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed 7 nights, but then moved to the Courtyard which was actually closer to where I needed to be. When I first checked in to the Fairfield, the carpet near the AC in my room was soaked. The front desk sent a repairman who said they had just changed the AC that day (he didn't notice the wet carpet?). They moved me to a Jacuzzi room, which was not really an upgrade to me (I would have rather had a suite). The shower in this new room was really weird because the shower was IN the Jacuzzi - so you had to step over into the Jacuzzi to take a shower. The rate was a good value as it included hot breakfast, but the hot items were the same every single day so after 7 days, that got old. When I checked out, the rate was wrong on my bill because when they moved me they didn't correct the room rate....they fixed it, of course, when I brought it to their attention. The folks at the front desk corrected every issue and were very nice about it, so that wasn't a problem...and the room was SUPER quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
rferguson, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I am so sorry you had difficulty with your room, AC and breakfast. We should be changing the breakfast on weekdays and weekends at a mimimum. Thank you for pointing this out so we can take care of it. I hope you will give us another shot to exceed your ecxpectations.

Corporate DOS
Liege, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just of the highway, next to some shopping and food facilities. This place has the standard layout of a recent Fairfield hotel. It is well kept, staff is efficient, there is plenty of parking, and rooms are clean and up to standards in this price range. I was there on a hot september day, and the air-conditioning in the room managed to get the place cooled down rapidly. My only point of criticism is that apparently the corridors air-conditioning was not functional or not switched on, which made it a very hot and humid place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hello,
Thank you for your commenets regarding the Fairfield Inn and Suites Lakewood Ranch. Yes, the crazy hot weather we see requires maintenence and I am so sorry it occured during your stay with us. We really appreciat you staying with us.

Corporate Dierector of Sales

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!