“Very Poor Customer Service...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Bradenton-Sarasota Area

You added Super 8 Bradenton-Sarasota Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Bradenton-Sarasota Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6516 14th Street West, Highway 41/Bayshore Garden Parkway, Bradenton, FL 34207   |
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Bradenton
Florida
“Very Poor Customer Service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We received very poor customer service at this hotel. We were made to feel unwelcomed and uncomfortable. No greeting upon our arrival. The man was sitting in the lobby watching TV. We got the impression we were bothering him. About an hour after we checked in, we asked the man at the front desk for extra towels. We had a group of four people, there were only three towels and one shampoo bottle in the room. The man smirked and asked us "how many showers did we plan to take? and if we were going to use his towels for the pool because that was not allowed". My mother told him, that she works at a hotel too and that he should not treat customers like that and if they ask for towels he should provide them without question. He said he did not have a key to the laundry room. My mother suggested that he get towles from an empthy room. He said "I'll see what I can do" We fianlly received towels about 15 minutes later. The ice machine did not work, there was one machine on the premises. The temperature was 98 degrees outside the two days we stayed there. Upon our return from an outing, the houskeeper had turned off our AC unit. It was extremely hot in the room and it took over an hour to cool it down to a comfortable level. I'm all for saving electricity, but when it's almost 100 degrees outside, there should be an exception to leaving the AC on for the customers comfortability. There were staines on my bed. (See Photos) Our stay here was very unpleasant. Will not stay here again, nor would we recommend anyone else stay here. The price is very good but you get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

It was clean and better than I expected. I needed a cheap hotel for one night in town and was prepared for the worse, but was pleasantly surprised. I only dealt with one staff person who was efficient and pleasant.

If you need a cheap place to stay, this would be an OK choice.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

do not stay here......bad strong smell in the room, on a budget, so tried to stick it out, but paid for it the next day, very bad sinus problem unable to breathe, headache, went to comfort inn down the street where others fled to also, to get away from the toxic smells. they are cancer causing chemicals from new carpet and mattress. they should have air'ed them out before using. toxins are fatal according to website, google it up, mattress toxins, you will see for yourself. must admit very clean, and nice breakfast in the am and nice staff just unable to breathe.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — toxic fumes
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

OK, so my review title pretty much sums up my experience at the Super 8 in Bradenton. First and foremost, I am not a "super 8-hater" and I actually stay in Super 8's and Motel 6's all the time and defend them in general to naysayers. Well the only positive thing I can say about this motel is that my truck didn't get broken into during the night, although I thought it might.

We booked this hotel via the internet when we were planning a spring training baseball weekend and following the redsox up the coast.

The room was appalling. The carpet was so dingy I wore my shoes all the time. The furniture was broken in many places and the beds smelt terribly musty. The bathroom was by far the worst though. The shower was covered in mold and the water trickled out of the shower head. The icing on the cake was there was literally a hole in the wall where the bathroom fan used to be and we could see into the back alley of the motel!!!

I really am not the type of person to have ridiculous expectations of a budget hotel (see my other posts for proof of that) but this Super 8 was by far the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Please heed the warning if you haven't already booked :)

• Stayed March 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bolton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

We booked this motel for a four night stay in a non smoking room. We were allocated a smoking room which smelled badly.
The following morning my wife and I complained about the room.
We were told to leave by a very unfriendly member of staff.

If a hotel cannot take constructive criticism then they do not deserve your patronage.

Go to the Motel 6 - it is cleaner and cheaper too - We did!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The attitude of the staff, the smell of the room
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Staff would not honor a Florida Travel Coupon I had for $59 dollars a night. Ended up paying nearly $30 dollars more. The room was filthy and had a very unpleasent smell. I have been in the Criminal Justice Field for 9 years, and I felt unsafe in this hotel due to other "hourly guests" I observed. I have written to the CEO of Super 8 Hotels as well as sent a negative comment card, all to no avail. If I would have had a sleeping bag available I would have slept in a park. DO NOT STAY HERE. $20 a night would be unreasonable for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2006
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

Had booked this hotel after staying at a fabulous hotel in the area. What a let down. Had confirmed my reservation with my debit card. When I checked in they had already authorized my entire stay on the card even though I wanted to pay cash. The hold on the card wouldn't come thru the bank for at least 3-5 business days. I had no money to spend! They gave me a room at the front of the hotel right on the main road. I didn't get one minute of sleep. It sounded like we were camping in the middle of a major freeway. If you must stay here I suggest booking a room towards the back of the hotel. Might be a bit quieter. The owner came up very early the next morning to clean the room and I asked if there were any other rooms available...she just said oh couldn't sleep with the traffic. Sorry we are full. We checked out right then and there!

Been to Super 8 Bradenton-Sarasota Area? Share your experiences!