“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery
Longboat Key, Florida
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The #1 with yellow rice rocks!!! Go hungry, you won't be disappointed. Amazing pork.... friendly service. If you go, you will be a believer!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Filthy Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I gave it 3 stars because the food was very good, but I almost did not want to eat it when seeing the state of the place. It was the dirtiest place I have ever eated in....floor, cooking area, around fridge and coolers, EVERYTHING! I wont be back.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Beast Cuban Food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hard to find, and nothing to look at. Went there only because of Tripadvisor rating.
Not disappointed. They first ask if you have been there before, If not, they give you a free sample of the shredded pork. It is to die for. Best Cuban food i ever had.. Dinner is only $10 and is enough for 2 people. Plate piled high with shredded pork,,black beans and rice, plantains.. All terrific.
Jose, the owner, came over to talk with us to make sure food was OK. Wait staff all personable.
They were featured on that dives and diners TV show. Their business doubled the day after.
Worth going out of your way a little..

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“Jose's Real Cuban”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

If you have spent the day on any of the beaches in Longboat Key, Holmes Beach, or Anna Maria Island and are beginning to get mighty hungry then you need to go east on Cortez Road to Jose's Real Cuban food at 8799 Cortez Road W. in Bradenton, Florida. it's a small hole-in-the-wall that serves deliciously authentic Cuban food. My wife and I went there one early Saturday evening and the place was packed. I ordered the full size Cuban sandwich at $7.95, and it was absolutely "The Real Thing," Seprano ham, roast pork, swiss cheese, mustard and pickles on pressed Cuban bread. For something to drink I had to try the Iron Beer, which is a sweet Cuban Root Beer. And when I say sweet, I'm talking 47 grams of sugar! Yes, I know, it wasn't the healthiest drink to order. But believe me, I seldom drink soda and i just had to try it. it was wonderfully refreshing at a $1.35. My wife ordered the Taste of Cuba for $11.95 which consisted of Pork, Peccadillo, Ropa Vieja, rice and black beans with chopped onion, plantains, and yucca. It was a huge platter, and I thoroughly enjoyed helping her try to finish the meal. However, as great tasting as it was, we couldn't manage to finish it all. The very attentive waitress was more than happy to give us a 'to go box' so we could look forward to two more Cuban meals for the next day's lunch. As far as a beverage, my wife simply had unsweetened ice tea for a $1.35. Jose's Real Cuban was featured on the food-network's, "Drive-in, Diner, and Dives." To be featured on this particular food-network program means you must be doing something very special and right in the food/restaurant business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“Just like San Juan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I visit San Juan atleast once a year and enjoy the Puerto Rican food. Joses black beans and rice are the best you can get here in the states

Visited March 2012