“I would stay home first” 2 of 5 stars

Shorewalk Vacation Villas
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4601 - 46th St Court W, Bradenton, FL 34210   |
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Bradenton
boston
“I would stay home first”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Not only did not come with an equipped kitchen, but dirty dishes, certain hours for the pool, and rec room, but another I believe 25.00 for service fee, for what. It's a thousand a week to stay there, so I am paying them to take my money????no Internet. I have stayed in bunch of villas, homes around the world this was the worst and most expensive

Stayed February 2012

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Eric povey has updated his unit 103 really well. We may have been the 1st guests here. It has lots of eating places on the road close by and backs up to public so that is a good to get grocery quickly.

• Stayed December 2012
netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

bit outdated, but a perfect place to stay during your time at the Gulf Coast. Just a short drive to pristine beaches.
condo`s are ok, bit outdated, but who cares
we stayed here quite a few times ( 10+), so we know our way around the resorts. Thats why we askes 6 weeks prior to arriving for a condo in specific buildings. We got a confirmation mail about this request. But to our disappointment when we arrrived, they didn`t have a condo we asked for...........and they couldn`t arrange it neither, that was a bit dissapointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I have been coming here twice a year for the last few years and in that time rented several different properties on the site. We choose this location because it is central for everything. Groceries can be purchased just minutes away and lots of restaurants are accessible by walking or a short car drive. Bradenton Beach is just a 10 minute drive and if you only want to laze by the pool then its right on our doorstep. The staff at the club house are very friendly, though the facilities are seldom used to their full potential. There is some work in progress again in this area so it may be that there will be more on offer next time we visit. If there is a downside it would be that some of the accomodations are now showing their age and need upgrading and that includes the most ancient TV set I have seen ! In fairness, I didn't intend to watch it much anyway but the grubby carpet and settee we had this time definitely need to go.

Room Tip: A corner property has better views and always ask for a lake view. Higher floors tend to have better...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We found our stay faultless and plan on returning, ideal location and very friendly staff. Clean spacious rooms with air con and everything we needed for the perfect stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Just returned in June from our third holiday to Shorewalk, me and my boyfriend love this place.
It is so peaceful and yet only a short way from a main road. I am sad that the earlier reviewer from Canada didn't have a fantastic time there. I agree that some local restaurants are a bit busy and do not serve gourmet food, but I have found this true of many American chains, but we still enjoy eating there. You can' eat gourmet food every night, though there are many places that could rival high end eateries in London. I also like Shorewalks lakes, if you stop and look you can always see Fish and sometimes Turtles too.I was also impressed by the free wifi in the condos.
I have stayed in three different units, and visited a few others when friends have been with us, and though I agree that not all share the same standard of facilities and decor, I have never been in anything other than first class accommodation. This year we had three flat screen tv's in our condo!
Anyway, we love the beaches and the general laid back pace of things in the Gulf Coast area, especially after the Bedlam that is the theme parks. See you next year...

Room Tip: If you get a Unit that does not meet your standards do what you would do in any hotel-ask to change...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maritime Provinces
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I booked flight and this accomodation through Air Canada Vacations.

The positives

- good sized condo for 3 adults
- twin beds comfortable with updated pillowtop mattress
- complimentary wifi
- near shopping and restaurants
- beach easy to get to (7 miles down the road)
- seems clean
- very quiet which is nice

Negatives

- condo is shabby and badly in need of updating
- old mattress on queen sized bed which is hard
- tv's are small and not flat screen
- all appliances are cheap and flatware and untensils are from Dollar Stores
- neighbourhood is kind of run down and seedy
- nearby restaurants are noisy with poor quality food
- front desk staff rather rude
- condo smells like chlorine
- condo units are built on gross murky looking ponds

Bottom line my own home is alot nicer than this so I feel like I'm "slumming it" here which is not what I want from a vacation. I want a bit of luxury and thought Shorewalk would be much better based on the advertisments. I would not want to come here again and I don't really care for the city of Bradenton either. This place would be fine for a family who is looking for a place to crash in between visiting tourist attractions although Busch Gardens is the only themepark nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Shorewalk Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!