“Great value for the $$” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakewood Ranch

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakewood Ranch to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakewood Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5464 Lena Road, Bradenton, FL 34211 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Bradenton - Lakewood Ranch)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Bradenton
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great value for the $$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Construction going on in the front entry and pool closed, but small inconveniences for a large, clean, well appointed room at a fabulous rate..(use Tingo....they get u a lower rate if possible) in an area of Florida that has many older (read...ravaged by time, weather, poor maintenance and disinterest) hotels/motels at fairly stiff prices. This facility is soon to become a Holiday Inn Express...and will probably cost 2X as much!! Had to leave unexpectedly early due to a family illness problem, and the front desk folks couldn't have been nicer about it. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

when i arrived they told me no room was available, even though it was pre paid . i want my money back now! PLEASE CALL ME AT 416 - 447 - 2695 Grant Crawford. I thought the desk employee that handled us was absolutely nasty . I liked the employee we talked to least and i liked leaving the premises best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Grant C,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton East-Lakewood Ranch, FL. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

First off, The hotel is under construction which complete shut down the front entrance way. And had everyone redirect around the side door, but they were having business gatherings all day, all weekend. So there was no room for the guest and the business people in the one hall way, very unsatisfying. Second, only one person working the front desk. I had to wait on two occasions for fifteen minutes to just ask a quick question. That is very bad management. Thirdly, the breakfast was ok. There was no waffle maker and the bagel toaster was broken. Which left, cold muffins or cereal for breakfast. Fourthly, and positively, the rooms were very spacious which i LIKED. There were two of us in our party, so plenty of room for both suitcases and didnt feel crowded. The clean up crew was great! However, they didn't give us but two towels, even after asking for more. I also liked that the rooms had a microwave and refrigerator. The room also had a personal AC unit, which worked! I did not like the pillows they were squares and very uncomfortable. And the beds are more on the firm side. We had a hot shower every morning which was great! The internet connection in the room was not good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
junelle s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel property. I apologize for not completely meeting your expectations. I sincerely apologize that you were not able to use the front entrance. Converting to a Holiday Inn Express & Suites will provide upgraded amenities including breakfast and pillows. What is more troubling is that you did not receive the great guest service and accommodations that we are known for. We always strive to do better and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future so we can exceed your expectations when you return.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great Wingate just a short distance off I 75 in Bradenton,Florida. Front entrance currently under construction and the pool is closed due to building renovations.

Call in advance for better rate. Not many restaurants around this hotel. There is a small mall with a grocery store and maybe three small restaurants a short two minute drive from the hotel.

Excellent front dreck staff the night we arrived. Breakfast came with the room and it was good being as it was free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a nice review. I am pleased that the hotel, location, your room and the staff met your expectations. I do apologize for the construction you experienced during your stay. Construction will be complete the end of February. We hope to see you again to experience our upgrade to a Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent stay. Secluded area, very quiet. Very good breakfast, modern amenities. All in all, excellent stay. Only drawback is entrance is through side door while construction on a new portico is being completed.

Room Tip: Good Choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, our location and accommodations. The front entrance will be complete by the end of February and will eliminate the inconvinence. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at his hotel. This is my third or fourth stay at this particular establishment, thus, I keep coming back. Even though I usually book on Travelocity (I go for the cheapest-but- safest deals). Also, I have always been pleased with the front desk staff here, because they are always very nice, professional, and knowledge. Moreover, the room had a nice sized refrigarator and microwave. Plus, the exterior view was superb! My particular view was facing towards the rear of the hotel; which looked "jungle like". So, please do not be shocked if you see a beautiful bird or lizard close by. On the other hand, the front of the building is facing towards I-75. But, do not worry; you cannot hear the expressway (I have stayed in a room facing this direction in the past). The hotel is currently being renovated, therefore, expect some sort of inconvenience. But, even the construction workers were nice and professional. However, since I am from a big Metropolitan city, the "inconvenience" was completely marginal, per my standards. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay here, and I look forward to coming back, when possible. I have included some pictures of my room. ENJOY your stay, because, Florida is beautiful!

Room Tip: It's across the street from a new Wal-Mart store, that has a Subway inside of it......yummy!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and taking the time to compliment us on our accommodations, amenities and helpful staff. We are grateful for your patronage and are excited for you to return and see our look being completed the end of February.
Junelle Samblanet

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!