“Beach Horseback Riding” 5 of 5 stars

941-907-7272
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of the few place in Florida where you can legally ride your horse on a beach. The calm waters and flat sandy bottom of Palma Sola Bay make it possible to ride on a horse that is swimming. This is the birthplace of Horse Surfing™. Horseback riding on the beach, swimming with horses, and Horse Skiing™ . Reservations required.
Grand Island, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Beach Horseback Riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My son and I loved this tour. We had dolphins swimming nearby and the water was great for us and the horses. Did this on a 90 plus degree day. My son was able to horse surf and we all went horse skiing. All I can say is it looks much easier to balance on the horse than it is. Our guides were terrific and the respect they had for the animals was easy to see. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting in the Sarasota/Bradenton areas.

Sarasota, Florida
“Beach horseback riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a blast riding horses on the beach and in the water with BeachHorses! We horse surfed AND horse skied!!! What an amazing time and what awesome guides we had - so sweet!!! We would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an adventure!

Visited September 2012
MO
“The best surprise!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I surprised my horse-loving daughter with this experiece and according to her, "it was the best thing ever!!" She is an experienced rider and was allowed to canter up and down the beach by herself. She was in heaven!! I would recommend it to anyone. It is such a unique experience and the horses were gentle and patient. The guide my daughter had was wonderful and took her time, letting her try the surfing, skiing, and swimming with her horse. My only complaint was that my guide was fearful of my horse and horses in general, so I'm not sure why he was a guide. Therefore, I wasn't able to ride while my horse swam, ski behind my horse, or race the horse back to the beach. I had to use my daughter's horse for that, and I felt somewhat cheated, since I'm not the most comfortable on horses myself. However, the smile on my daughter's face was worth it!! It was an adventure she will never forget!

Park Hills
“We had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I will be 70 in a few month and was rather out of touch with where to take my two teenage grand daughters on our vacation. We took them to Busch Gardens, Sea World, and ended the trip with our beach horse adventure. This adventure was the favorite with all of us. I have ridden and owned horses in the past but other than a mule ride down Grand Canyon recently have not ridden in years. I am so glad I decided to do this the excitment and smiles of both girls would have made it worth while but both my husband and I loved it every bit as much as they did which made it just perfect. The staff were friendly and very attentive to our needs, the horses were gentle and well behaved and I would encourage everyone to add this experience to their bucket list!

“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had such a great time! The horses looked great and very well taken care! The people who ran it were very nice.it was the coolest experience! I wish the price was a liitle lower but it was worth it!