“Great overnight stay, friendly staff, liked the little balcony.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Toronto
“Great overnight stay, friendly staff, liked the little balcony.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our family booked two rooms on our way back to Ontario.

We were apprehensive at first, since previous reviews had mentioned bed bugs. So we thoroughly checked for bedbugs as soon as we checked in. In both rooms, the mattresses showed no signs of infestation, or previous blots. Hence we were relieved we didn't have to evacuate.

The property is a bit dated, but despite this, the extra amenities were great. Our studio was spacious, clean, had its own full kitchen, and its own balcony. Not bad considering we were only staying overnight.

There isn't much around this hotel, it located just off the I-75, in what seems to be an industrial part of North Dayton, there are lots of restaurants and hotels just on the other side of I-75.

We loved Terrance at reception and all of the staff we ran into. Overall, great overnight, not sure if the location is good for multiple nights.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel comes in not as the flashiest, or most amenity packed offering of any hotel I have ever stayed at, but it does offer a wonderful value. It is conveniently located, has an interesting floorplan and the staff is amazing. For those that have not stayed at a Hawthorne it is set up like a small apartment complex. Rooms are exterior entrance (your room opens to outside,) and they are studio, multi bed, and multi room apartments. While the furniture is dated, the rooms are cleaner than most at this price range, and for a business traveler or contractor staying in one area for a week it is a great deal. There are some downsides, overall the furniture is old, the bed wasn't as comfortable as my own, etc, etc, however this hotel is selling value, not a 800 thread count sheet set and decadent free cookies, If you want that you will be paying another $100 a night. If you are looking for a value in a safe area, with great service, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My flight was canceled and I needed a place to stay. I booked on Priceline and decided against the cheaper economy hotels and spend the extra money for a bit of comfort. Boy was I wrong.

While the front desk clerk was VERY helpful and wonderful, that's where the kind words will stop. My room was in the back of the hotel, through a walkway. I did not feel safe walking that way by myself at night. That was just my perception, but my room on the second floor in the back of the hotel and it was dark out. Not a very safe feeling.

When I got to the room, I was immediately disappointed. The light was burnt out when I flipped the switch by the door. When I found the switch, I saw a very dated room. The paint was peeling on almost every surface. The tub had a leaky faucet, the counter top was cracked and chipped and toilet was stained. The carpet was stained and when I walked on it with bare feet, it felt sticky.

If it hadn't been late and I was leaving in less than 8 hours I would have marched back out and demanded a refund.

I slept in my clothes and set my alarm 7 hours. Unfortunately I was woken up in 6.5 hours by the alarm clock on the bedside table.

I would never stay there again, and would tell everyone and anyone to stay away.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Windsor, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at Hawthorne Suites in North Dayton, OH twice. The rooms I was given were penthouse suites. Had kitchen area with everything you could need including refrigerator with ice maker and dishwasher. Would be ideal for someone with children as there was even 2 bathrooms and 2 sleep areas and living room area. Breakfast was great and on Wednesday night dinner was also provided. The price was great.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Been to Hawthorn Suites Dayton North? Share your experiences!