I was actually surprised by the size of the suites. This is my first experience with Hawthorn Suites and overall we enjoyed it.
The check-in staff was courteous and polite, and even gave us a room close to the pool since our children were with us. I thought that was very nice and considerate.
My family absolutely loved the hot breakfast every morning and they also serve a social hour on wednesday evenings with a free dinner.
The only thing I didn't like too well was the man I believe was the manager or was a part of the management staff. (A tall, bald guy?) he was present at the desk when we were checking in and didn't great us at all. We also passed him several times outside, and didn't reply when we greeted him. In fact, he never acknowledged us during our entire stay, which I thought was incredibly rude for a manager. We even overheard him criticizing one of the staff members for putting more food out during social hour. He told him, "you don't put more food out, when its gone, its gone. I mean we can't be expected to keep refilling it. That's how it works." That bothered me for many reasons. One, it was advertised as a free dinner, that meant all customers will expect a free dinner. Two, this conversation took place in front of customers. That should never happen.
Another thing that happened is that I had a severe reaction to the chemicals they use to clean with. One the 4th day of our 5 day stay I had to go to an urgent care because a serious rash broke out all over my body. I have never had a reaction like that before and I stay in hotels frequently.
The unfriendliness of management made me decide not to approach him regarding the rash. Both his unfriendliness and the experience with rash are the reasons we will not be staying here again. If the manager had put forth even the slightest effort at friendliness it would change my opinion.
Things I liked about it? The full kitchen, the size of the rooms, the location of the hotel, and the hot breakfast.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Hawthorn Suites Dayton North Hotel
- Hawthorn Suites Dayton
- Hawthorn Suites Dayton North Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corporate hotel conveniently located at I-75 and Benchwood Lane offering free high speed internet, complimentary daily hot breakfast, Wednesday evening social hour. We are surrounded by restaurants, shopping and entertainment choices. All suites have a full kitchen and living room area with pull out sofa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hawthorn Suites Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.