“Great as always but a little disappointed.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Dayton
ANDERSON
“Great as always but a little disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the thrid time staying at the Hawthorn Suites in Dayton. My mother and I attend the Artistry in Wood Woodworking and Woodcarving Show every year. We have stayed here the last three years and this time we where a little disapointed. Checking in was fine, but when we got to the room there where some problems. The kitchen sink would spray all over the place when turn on. Also the downstairs bedroom doorknob was hanging by one screw. Good thing was when we reported it, the issues where fixed by the time we got back the next evening. The housekeeping was a little sloppy. When we returned to the room the next evening there were fresh towels inthe bathrooms but the old towels were laying on the back of the chair in the front room. All in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
HARWOOD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I reservved a suite back in Jan, 2012 and confirmed my reservation a few days before arriving. Upon arrival I was told that there were no suites available and was given single rooms instead. Also, serveral "full-time guests" spend the eveings drinking and partying in the parking lot with management's approval. (This is a "residental hotel" with most of the guests being transient construction laborers housed 4 to a room.) Be advised there is no maid service on the weekends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were here from Thursday night thru Sunday night and there was only a semblance of room service on Friday. The rest of our stay there was NO room service. The bed was never made, trash emptied once, no clean towels, and no way to find television channels. We have stayed here three previous times and have been pleased with our stay, but not this time. We will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

LEWIS CENTER
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This had to be one of my worst hotel experiences ever.

The bed was caved in the middle. The tv stopped working. The microwave from 1982 could not even pop a bag of popcorn. The toilet handle came off in my hand. There were strange stains on the wall and carpet. The bedding for the hide a bed had hair folded in with it. At breakfast the next morning, the eggsand potatoes were cold. This room actually made my kids cry. It was one thing after another. I tried to leave, but every other hotel in the area was booked solid. I was trapped.

I called the front desk to try to resolve these issues, and the guy was nice enough, but he had no power or ability to do anything to help. The only thing he could do was to give me new bedding for the pull out couch. They ultimately gave me a discount on my room (at least I hope it hits my credit card) but it does not excuse the condition of the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family