“It was like sleeping in a wet gym sock.” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7370 Miller Lane, Dayton, OH 45414   |
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Dayton
Daytona Beach, Florida
“It was like sleeping in a wet gym sock.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't really tend to leave bad reviews, but when I woke up feeling sick the next morning due to the atmosphere within the room, I kind of felt like I needed to put this out there.

The bed and the bathroom were clean, which, minus safety, are the big things to me, so I have no complaints there. The room, however, smelled horrendous. The carpet was soggy, and stained with questionable red splatters and what I can only guess to be dried vomit or dog urine, I don't know. The bed, though clean, was damp? I don't know how to describe it other than when you're outside with paper, and its muggy outside, so the paper starts to feel damp and limp? That is what the sheets felt like. Think sleeping in a musky, dirty wet gym sock after hiking in it all day. I'm fairly certain that the AC unit was for decor purposes only, because it was certainly not functional, and this lent to the musty, old cave, dirty locker room feeling the room had going on.

I'm honestly not picky...which I know sounds funny, given the review I will be leaving, and I have to stress that the bed, though oddly damp, was clean, and that the bathroom was as well, but when I woke up the next morning and felt horrible, I felt like I needed to leave this review. If you have a sensitive stomach, allergies, or even asthma, honestly, I do not recommend this hotel.

There were also some questionable noise complaints around 2:35 am, when a group of individuals decided to all yell, argue, and talk over each other, while roaming the halls outside. This, while not restricted to this particular hotel, just added to the overall "wont be staying here again" ambiance.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Questionable cleanliness, no fridge, weak wifi signal. Close to local parks and walking distance to some chain restaurants and easy access to highway. There are better hotels in the strip, search them out. A b c d e f g h ijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.

Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2015

The room I had was recently remodeled. Clean room, comfortable bed, plenty of linen. There are washer and dryers on the premises which was very helpful. The best part of this Hotel was LOCATION! Every restaurant is on the strip, as well as a WalMart. Check-in was easy and the front desk young lady was extremely nice. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2015

Because I almost always travel with pets, Red Roof is my favorite hotel. I have stayed at this particular inn several times, and it's always a pleasant experience. The staff is nice, the rooms are clean and generally well-maintained. This hotel has the new rooms and new tv. It was quite comfortable. There was a maintenance issue, but it did not prevent me from having a comfortable stay. Red Roof always allows pets without an additional charge. I am always glad to stay in a place where my pet and I are both welcome. I particularly like that the hotel opens to the parking lot, it makes loading and unloading so much easier.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2015

Was in Dayton for a funeral and had our yorkies with us. usually stay at another brand hotel but none in area so we stayed here. It was ok. Was told it was recently renovated and if it was, they lacked good housekeeping. The carpet had stains on it and the bathroom could have used more attention. The front desk staff was very nice. We were leaving around 2 the day of the funeral and they would not give us a late check out so we had to pay for an extra night because we had the dogs with us so we could have paid the pet fee down the road and got a late check out with a much better hotel but overall it really wasn't a bad place for a night.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Decatur, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2015

Check-in doesn't go all that well because I'm in line behind some lady who wants to change her room. Then in the middle of that, the clerk gets distracted by a call from some old people who don't have GPS and need directions. This takes a long time, because apparently the old people are deaf, the clerk has to repeat herself a lot. Fifteen minutes later, I'm in my room.
First impressions: lots of contractors doubling up on rooms. People on the balconies in front of their rooms smoking. Several people with dogs.
Room is clean. The toilet is securely fastened to the floor, always a plus (you'd be surprised how many places this is a problem). Sparsely furnished and sparsely supplied: you get exactly two towels, two hand towels and washcloths, one bar of soap, and one bottle of shampoo with your room. There is a spare roll of toilet paper and travel pack of tissues in the room. The wi-fi is fast enough to stream videos, and it's easy to log on to.
I drift off to sleep, thinking I might give the place 3 stars because of the price, location, and quality of the wi fi. Suddenly at 2.30 AM, a domestic dispute erupts outside, next door:

STOMP STOMP STOMP (angry stomping on the balcony outside)
THUMP THUMP THUMP (beating on the door either next to mine or one over)
"OPEN UP, (expletive)! EITHER OPEN UP NOW OR OPEN UP FOR THE COPS CAUSE YOU BE VIOLATING PAROLE. IF YOU WAIT FOR THE COPS YOU GONNA LOSE EVERYTHING! I MEAN EVERYTHING THE KIDS AND EVERYTHING!"
The stomping and banging and shouting go on for awhile. I'm about ready to call the cops myself because I'm afraid somebody's going to get hurt, namely me once the shooting starts. Suddenly things get a little bit more subdued. Whoever it was must have opened the door. The shouting and stomping has been replaced by heated discussion. I think if I crank the AC up all the way, I won't hear it any more, but will I freeze to death by morning?

Finally at 3.30 AM, the disturbance abruptly stops.
I will never stay in a Red Roof Inn again, especially this one.

Room Tip: My tip: if you want a better room, stay at a pricier hotel. That way you won't have to worry a...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2015
I am so sorry that happen to you. I am pretty sure i know the incident you speak of. We enjoy a very good relationship with out local police and as soon as our auditor realized something was going on she called them and that room was trespassed from the property. We do not tolerate bad behavior. I am so sorry we did not catch it sooner, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. Kind regards.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2015

As a frequent business and occasional pleasure traveler, I have stayed at many properties around the country. This property ranks among the worst. When the basics are overlooked, it is apparent that management is not concerned with the client experience and relationship value.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2015
I am so sorry to hear about your stay. We never want any guest to walk away from our property feeling they did not receive the best value and experience. if your stay was during the third week in May you were staying during the largest convention Dayton has for the summer and unfortunately the highest rates of the year. If you have any suggestions please feel free to contact me directly, I am always happy to hear from our customers. As a property with a few extra years to it we are always looking for ways to improve and keep our guest happy. Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Fairfield Inn Dayton North
Hawthorn Suites Dayton North
Extended Stay America - Dayton - North
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#27 of 47 in Dayton
3.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews
Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport? Share your experiences!