“What you pay for but did smell like smoke” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7370 Miller Lane, Dayton, OH 45414   |
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Marysville, Ohio
“What you pay for but did smell like smoke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It's a budget hotel. Stayed for one short night before we went to the airport. For the price it is fine except when you walked in it did smell like a strong smoke smell. They did not have shuttle but the airport parking is so cheap in Dayton it was cheaper then park n fly for our extended trip.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We thought we had a reservation at this hotel , with free parking & transfer to Dayton Airport.(thru another online hotel site). The Team member, Patty, found the reservation, but for tomorrow night (online hotel site error) & advised us they didn't do airport transfers, never have done that (online hotel site error). After a call to the online hotel site & they had to call this hotel to confirm the no airport transfer, we got a partial reduction in room rate, but still had the problem of no transfer to airport & back after our trip. Patty was SUPER helpful!!! She arranged for a taxi to pick us up at 3AM & said we could leave our car parked at hotel for duration of our trip. All this while still dealing with other travelers. THANK YOU Patty!!!!!
needless we will never deal with that online hotel site again

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed there this past weekend. After looking at all the good/bad reviews, was hesitant, but found that to be unfounded.
I have been in hotels that smelled musty and smoky, but this room was very clean and smelled clean. Lobby personnel very polite and courteous. Thought I had made reservations, but she did not find them (my problem). This was no problem since they had vacancies. Asked for room with fridge and microwave and this was also available.

Since we had our dogs with us, she put us on the first floor. This was very convenient and appreciated.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pet friendly with no additional charges. Great plus for us as we travel with our dogs a lot.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us in Dayton Ohio. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and look forward to seeing you and your lovely pets again the next time your travels bring you to Dayton. All the best wishes for you and your family during this holiday season. Kind regards
Munster, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are not smoke free although this establishment claims that all rooms are 100% smoke free. The smoke odor was so bad we had to check out a day earlier with the inconvenience of finding another hotel. Low standard hotel, poor service and honestly I didn't feel safe at all. I wouldn't want my pet staying here; rooms should be free.

Room Tip: none of the rooms are smoke free.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matter to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kind regards
Oberlin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I moved to three different rooms in this place. NONE of them were clean, there was hair, toilet filth, dirt, broken appliances, moldy air conditioning unit, non-working lights. Gross is an understatement. We were there for a family emergency, I had made the reservation for three nights and canceled two due to the horrible room. Old is fine, dirty is not. I didn't expect anything more than a clean room and three rooms later, it was obvious that did not exist here. Do not stay here! I don't care if you have to sleep in your car as an alternative, it would be cleaner.

I called the Red Roof Inn customer service line. Talked to a wonderful person named Tiffany. She gave me the email address to forward the photos of my rooms. The response? A form letter type email from the management of the location telling me they would have meeting with their staff regarding my concerns, so sorry.

Really? That is all? Thanks for your money, sorry we made you run around the entire property trying to find a room and that you were up until midnight cleaning the last room you got because obviously it wasn't going to be any better. Sorry you had to physically take the sheets and blankets containing dirt and hair to the front desk because room number three still didn't have clean ones and you were tired of playing find a clean room.

DO NOT STAY HERE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - It isn't worth $10.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry that happen to you. We do share all feedback with our team to ensure similar situations do not occur. Again my sincere apologies regarding you experience. Kind regards
Saint Robert, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

the lady who checked us in was great very nice to the guy who made our reservation when I called! The problem was the room it smelled so bad like pet urine and mildew put together!!! Had we not been exhausted we wouldn't had stayed!! As soon as u walked in the smell hit you like a slap in the face! I always travel with febreeze and emptied a entire bottle and the room still smelled horribly!!! Wow this is bad .....

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

Front desk clerk was terrific. Friendly and helpful. I found the room layout superb. A large work area was in the corner of the room faced toward the TV so you could work, eat and watch tv at the same time. The room I had was updated/new, bed was comfortable and everything was clean. The one thing that does need a little work is the outside of the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport? Share your experiences!