“Absolutely disgusting - worst experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7370 Miller Lane, Dayton, OH 45414   |
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Oberlin, Ohio
“Absolutely disgusting - worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I moved to three different rooms in this place. NONE of them were clean, there was hair, toilet filth, dirt, broken appliances, moldy air conditioning unit, non-working lights. Gross is an understatement. We were there for a family emergency, I had made the reservation for three nights and canceled two due to the horrible room. Old is fine, dirty is not. I didn't expect anything more than a clean room and three rooms later, it was obvious that did not exist here. Do not stay here! I don't care if you have to sleep in your car as an alternative, it would be cleaner.

I called the Red Roof Inn customer service line. Talked to a wonderful person named Tiffany. She gave me the email address to forward the photos of my rooms. The response? A form letter type email from the management of the location telling me they would have meeting with their staff regarding my concerns, so sorry.

Really? That is all? Thanks for your money, sorry we made you run around the entire property trying to find a room and that you were up until midnight cleaning the last room you got because obviously it wasn't going to be any better. Sorry you had to physically take the sheets and blankets containing dirt and hair to the front desk because room number three still didn't have clean ones and you were tired of playing find a clean room.

DO NOT STAY HERE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - It isn't worth $10.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fort Drum, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

the lady who checked us in was great very nice to the guy who made our reservation when I called! The problem was the room it smelled so bad like pet urine and mildew put together!!! Had we not been exhausted we wouldn't had stayed!! As soon as u walked in the smell hit you like a slap in the face! I always travel with febreeze and emptied a entire bottle and the room still smelled horribly!!! Wow this is bad .....

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

Front desk clerk was terrific. Friendly and helpful. I found the room layout superb. A large work area was in the corner of the room faced toward the TV so you could work, eat and watch tv at the same time. The room I had was updated/new, bed was comfortable and everything was clean. The one thing that does need a little work is the outside of the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We are pretty loyal "Roofers" and members of the Redi Card Rewards program. We purposely seek out the Red Roof Inns. Updated rooms, good prices and pet friendly. This particular Red Roof Inn had an extremely friendly evening and morning staff. Apologetic if we had to wait, customer focused and aiming to please. HOWEVER, to use the term "New Rooms" for this hotel is very misleading.
Very shabby inside--just that rough around the edges look. Dust was caked on the A/C unit vents, the outlet to plug stuff in was terribly filthy---if I had a Lysol wipe I would have cleaned it myself. Surfaces dusty. Stained carpet. It just didn't feel good to be there. Also, the rooms smelled of stale smoke, despite the "no smoking policy". We even changed rooms once to get a less smelly one and it still smelled. Won't be back

Room Tip: Don't take your stuff in right away. Check out room first--A/C and heat works, Fridge/freezer o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Angels Camp, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I type this from inside my room at the Red Roof Inn Dayton Airport. First, I understand that this is a cheap hotel. But, even with the low cost I expect a few things. I expect not to have the last persons dirty wash cloths in the bathroom when I arrive. I expect there to be limited mold growth not a science experiment in the bathroom. And, I expect that a non-smoking room in a no smoking hotel smell better than a seedy bar. When I opened the door the stale cigarette smoke was horrible. My throat is actually burning. The only reason I gave it one star is because I can't give it zero stars. I can't wait to get up tomorrow and wash the hotel cootie, cigarette stench , and filth off of me.

Room Tip: If you have smoke sensitivity do not stay here. Very thin walls. Can hear everything you neighbor...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Decided to try the Red Roof because they said they have remodeled rooms. Well, these so called remodeled rooms aren't very well cared for. The chair was ripped the bathroom was moldy looking, our ac unit was coming apart and moldy. Bedding looked ok and clean though. Beds are not comfy. The carpets NEED to be cleaned, you can smell animal urine when it rains. Don't try to save money, it's not worth it stay somewhere else. The staff are friendly but it's just not a great comfortable room to stay in. If you don't care about comfort then at least it's a good location that's why I gave it the second star.

Stayed August 2014
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. We are so sorry for any inconvenience these situations may have caused you. Feed back we receive from you, our valued guest, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kind regards.
Rockwell, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Traveling through to Wisconsin and had booked this hotel for a stay over in Dayton. The place was FULL of constructions workers, but you would never have known it once inside of the room. The area was totally quiet. The room was comfortable and clean. I loved the comfortable bed. We travel with our Miniature Schnauzer and you could not tell another dog had been in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to note your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so glad we were convenient to your trip and you had a nice stay. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Kind regards.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport? Share your experiences!