“It was ok” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Dayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was here for a group event and if it wasn't for that I would have stayed elsewhere. The hotel looks old though some rooms are updated. My room had an updated heating/air unit so there was no problem there(2nd floor in the tower). My friends were on the smoking floor and it had not been updated. You could smell stale smoke the minute you got off the elevator. Speaking of the elevator one elevator floor was nothing but plywood.

The reason I say this place isn't good for groups is that we had meals included in our event. We had vouchers for the restaurant. I didn't even use them due to complaints from others in my group about the super slow service. One friend said it was 20 minutes plus before their order was even taken and then another hour for food. Another group said that at one point they stopped serving food. The staff was not friendly in the restaurant.

The cleaning crew could use a little attention to detail. There were parts of my room that looked like there had not been a vacuum ran since the last person stayed.

Some cosmetic updates and staff training could really help this hotel be successful.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If this hotel was ran better it would be a nice place to stay for the price. I reserved 3 rooms this past weekend and I had all types of problems. Room #1 was cold with no heat, they gave us another room, we turned the heat on in the new room to make sure it worked. We went back to check on the new room and two people came out of it. THEY GAVE OUR ROOM AWAY! Ended up getting another room with a king bed when the original reservation was for 2. Room #2 had a mouse in it, they tried to give us another room, but at that point I was tired of room chasing. I demanded my money back! The customer service sucked, not enough staff, not enough covers, the 1st floor is freezing cold at all times (so no swimming because the pool is on this floor), they cut the lights off on the 1st floor at 11pm or 12am so you almost need a flash light to navigate. The only good thing was that Rm. #3 was ok! Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible!!!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to go unless you have no other option!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Paulding, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stay away from this hotel! Here is what happened to us on our Feb 20, 2015 stay. We arrived (6 adults / 2 Rooms) at 1:30 AM. We checked in and paid for 2 nights (Cash .. 1st mistake). When we opened the door to our first room the temperature was approximately 45 degrees in the room. The second room was a cool 60. We immediately turned the heat up in the rooms. We noticed that neither room had roll out beds in them. I called down and was told by the clerk that it would cost an extra $50 each for the beds., Keep in mind these rooms was registered with the beds included. I think the old guy just didn't want to deal with it. We decided that we would sleep in a chair instead. After 45 minutes the room that was at 45 degree was still at 45 degrees and the room that was 60 was up to a cool 65. We walked down to the front counter and explained the situation to the elderly gentleman. We asked if we could have a different room because of the problem and was to we could but the new room probably wouldn't be any better. We looked at the other room and sure enough it was colder and when we turned up the heat it also threw out cold air. By this time it was 2:30 AM. We decided to try to stick it out and around 4 o'clock decided to try to get some sleep. After 2 1/2 hours we gave up and went to the warmer room waking up the other three guys. We grabbed our stuff (which we didn't even unpack) and went to check out. The lady told us that the hotel was under new owners from Las Vegas and that it was in the worst shape that she has ever seen it. We didn't ask for a refund on the nights stay even though no one was rested. We only asked for the 2nd nights money back. The lady behind the desk informed us that she didn't have access to the cash and that we would have to come back around 6:00. We left and came back at 6:30 to receive our money. We was told that the manager did not come in and that we would have to come back on Monday to get it. We informed them that we lived 3 hours away and would not come back to get the money. A manager approached us and we told him what had happened. He stated that he did not have access to the cash and we would have to come back. I asked him to write me a guarantee that we would be refunded our money and he refused to do it. Instead he dialed a number and handed my friend the phone. He then walked away to another couple demanding their money back. The entire time I seen at least 4 people complaining about heat and demanding their money back.
So here is where we stand on this event. It has been 2 weeks and we still have not received our money back yet. I'm afraid that we may never see it. I contacted Wyndham to complain but was limited to 450 characters in the complaint area. I have yet to here back from them. We ended up staying at the Drury Inn just a couple miles down the I75. Great place. Clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay Away! Needs heat and cleaned
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Ferndale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff nice, helpful. Exercise room, one machine broken, not well lit, no cleaner for hands, dispenser on wall empty. Mentioned to staff, maintenene will take care of it. Pool heater broken. The overall building, kept nice, and clean. Continental breakfast was sparse, nothing warm except coffee. The restaurant was closed on Sunday so went to convience store across street for snacks.. It is an older unit, worn rug and room repairs, that is expected, and it was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, but the bedspread was old, had a couple of holes in it. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Plaza Dayton? Share your experiences!