“could of been better” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Dayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fairborn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This trip was horrible. Checked in and given my room key card proceeded to get my 3 kids and our bags to head to our room, and the elevator was not working was not informed of this at check in. Try carrying bags for 4 by yourself. Our room was freezing called to figure out the heater it never got warm. No comforters on the beds. Then proceeded to try to go swimming in the heated pool, yeah right....it was it was freezing also so it was hot tub only for us....then in the morning went to get the continental breakfast which was nasty old looking grits and hashbrowns. And cereal this was not good either. So as soon as we tried to eat we left. I have stayed here in the pasted and it was great well not now. It went down hill fast!! More than likely will never be back

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Manistique, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was 44 degrees in our room. The Maintenance man moved us and assured us there would be heat there. it may have gotten to 60. I shook so bad my husband finally climbed up to ceiling a built a tent over heater so it would come down on our bed. Awful but a beautiful facility. All staff had on heavy winter coats inside.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Porum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Property in bad shape needs upgrading I had bites from something in room, needs a better breakfast don't make it look like a hot breakfast if all you have is cold cereal. Workout equipment doesn't work.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Englewood, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had made a reservation, at the property, secured the room with our credit card. We had purchased a package for our honeymoon. At check in, the room we reserved had been giving away, the package had been canceled. The on duty manager was down right terrible. Was not at all attentive to our needs. They tried to give me a double room, instead of the suite I had reserved. The room we got was FILTHY!! Broken lamps, dried vomit on lamp base, No towels in the bathroom, dirty commode, no blankets on the bed, dirty soiled hide-a-bed with no linens. No heat in the corridor leading to our room, even though there were heat vents. The rooms next to ours was having a large pot smoking party, and the management was aware of it and did nothing!! We went to the front desk to complain about the room, and we had to wait for a guest who was demanding a full refund, due to the terrible conditions of this hotel. Never have I stayed in such a deplorable hotel, which, had to have the presence of the local Sheriff Department to keep the rif raf in check. At check out, I voiced more complaints and the attendant acted if she did not care. I have made numerous attempts to contact the facility manager, and has yet to return my calls. I requested a full refund

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

manager_ramada, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest

I know the review has posted online after me and you discussed on the phone and resolved your complaint and the compensation was already issued to you as agreed upon by you.

The Housekeeping manager did inspect the room and did not see the issues reported in your complaint. But I do agree that the pool heater broke and that was very unfortunate Hotel had to cancel the packages. As your reservation was no longer with the package your reservation was for a standard room but upon your request the desk clerk upgraded you to a suite at no extra cost a savings of $47.00 at check in. I did try to reach you by phone first and left you a voice-mail. I also sent you an email trying to contact you to resolve the matter. I am sorry for any delays you experienced during that time frame.

Finally me and you did speak to each other and I explained you the details and resolved the matter. We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. Please give us another chance to serve you better. Thanks for your business.

Been to Ramada Plaza Dayton? Share your experiences!