“Let down” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Plainfield, Indiana
“Let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

First off, this hotel is much nicer than it looked on the outside. When we pulled off the interstate and saw that we were in a depressed area I was a little disappointed. When we stopped one exit down to get something to eat (We got in after 11pm on a Friday) EVERYTHING was closed except for a Waffle House, and I was told by the lady behind locked doors and thick glass at the gas station that everything closes early because this is a bad side of town. Even that would not speak ill of this hotel. However, when someone speaks of customer service... Now THAT can really turn a customer off. The young lady who checked me in did not have skills in that area, and the older gentleman, whom I met much later, was even worse. Their communication skills, their friendliness, their helpfulness and effort to make this is pleasant stay was simply not there. I got a decent price on the rooms (I purchased several of them for the night) and our rooms and the property was clean, but I do not plan to stay at this hotel again because of the lack of professionalism at the front desk. I will pay twice the price (and usually do... I travel a lot) if I feel like I'm welcome. Maybe they will fix that little problem. This hotel was rated at 2-1/2 stars. Based solely upon the property I would give it even 3 stars. But the employees I met drive it down to about a 1-1/2 star rating. I'm sorry. I give fair reviews, and I'm sure others would like to know what to expect when they stay here. Summary: Very nice facilities, clean rooms, less than desirable location, and unprofessional desk employees.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped at this Ramada after driving for 14 hours because we found a coupon in a travel guide for $54.95. Next time I will pay more at a different hotel! The hotel appeared nice as we pulled up & check in was quick. We walked into our room exhausted from our drive & just wanted to sleep! At first the room appeared clean but as I looked around I found all sorts of problems: 1) boogers, yes boogers stuck to the wall by the door. 2) spiderwebs in 3 of 4 corners of the ceiling. 3) holes in the sheets of both beds. 4) broken smoke detector hanging from the wall. 5) hole in the wall by the door. 6) broken lampshade. 7) the tub drain blocker sitting on the edge of the tub broken. 8) what appeared to be blood on the wall by the curtains. 9) damaged wall. 10 wallpaper peeling in several spots. 11) cracked bathroom sink. And the best for last: 12) someone had showered recently & left the towel hanging on the back of the door which I put on the ground by the toilet! If we were not so damned tired we would have left immediately. I checked the beds & they appeared to be okay for sleeping. We stayed long enough to get some sleep & then left early not even bothering with the free breakfast. Ramada Corp. may want to inspect this location immediately & bring it up to standards. I would highly recommend NOT staying at this location! I would give this place a zero if I could.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great time. Staff was helpful. Rooms were clean. We loved the pool and hot tub. The restaurant had delicious food. Next time we stay, we will utilize the free shuttle and check out the new casino.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Beavercreek, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an old Holidome that was allowed to go into decline and located in a very bad area of town complete with weeds, vacant buildings, and a trailer park in view. It looks like nothing has been updated since the 80's (they even still had an arcade room with 80s games such as Donkey Kong and Pac-Man). The restaurant was a joke with amateuristic signage; it wasn't even open the entire time I was there. Our room faced the indoor pool, so we heard very loud kids in it through our thin pane glass window until 9 or 10 PM.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Plaza Dayton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Dayton

Address: 2301 Wagner Ford Road, Dayton, OH 45414
Location: United States > Ohio > Dayton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Dayton 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ramada Plaza Dayton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Dayton
Dayton Holiday Inn
Ramada Plaza Dayton Ohio

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Dayton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.