“Ask if hotel is full & don't stay there if they are” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #19 of 45 hotels in Dayton
Lancaster, United States
“Ask if hotel is full & don't stay there if they are”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a nightmare of a stay esp since this was a business trip where I had to take an 8hr professional exam the next day. A bunch of teenagers were staying there & I was put on the same floor as them even tho I asked for a quiet room. These teenagers were not properly supervised, were yelling, slamming doors & running in the hallways. They ignored my request for quiet. The front desk did get them to quiet down some but then the fire alarm was pulled at 2AM. Can I prove it was one of them? No, but seems hily likely. Also, I had to leave the hotel by 7 & was upset they don't serve breakfast until 7 on weekends--stupid (& only start at 6:30 dur the wk). So had to do McDonald's instead--had wanted convenience of being to eat at hotel then go to exam. When I complained at checkout, no refund or rate adjustment was offered. Room was nice, bed comfortable but a night of no rest, no breakfast & no offer of compensation ticked me off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Marblehead, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Awesome, short stay in a very clean bright room which offered all the amenities advertised. I loved the fact that we had ample amount of towels and wash cloths. *Didn't have a robe.* That is okay. My 10 year old loved having access to Nickelodeon channels and ability to access the internet while in the room. I would definitely stay here again...(*awesome breakfast too but sneaked out for McD's coffee which was around the corner.) I have spent more on lesser accommodations *Peter is tops (*front desk)!!.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GeneralManager36159, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 9372910284.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Okay people, first of all remember this is not the Ritz. Don't go there expecting fancy stuff like champagne breakfast all right?

This is a very good hotel--it actually is as good as (or even better than some) Marriott and Hilton hotels. Super Clean (I am a neat freak and I could NOT find anything that is not up to par). It is new--updated and good looking furnishing both in lobby and guest room and honestly everything looks great! Beddings are CLEAN! The bathroom was stocked with nice clean fluffy towels, has granite countertops and tiled floor and was spotless (like no dust, no rust, no chipped paint, not a whiff of funky smell.)

All the employees were nice , accommodating and professional. They went above and beyond to make sure I had a nice stay. The night manager (Susan) offered to loan me her phone charger just because I mentioned I could not find mine (I did not even have to ask!) and asked if I wanted a wake up call (something that some 200-bucks-a-night-hotel staff never bothered to ask.)

The neighborhood is super quiet. No drunk people, shouting, yelling ,no drug dealers etc. I read some reviews about hotels in Dayton and I was wary. I am glad I stayed at Best Western Plus. I have to make another trip to Dayton in June and will definitely stay there.

If you book directly from Best Western website you will find that they offer better rates (about 20 percent off) if you book in advance, pay at the time of booking or enroll in their loyalty program. I would recommend signing up for that reward program--cost $0 and saved me 10 bucks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dayton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very poor hotel. Showers were cold. No milk or waffle mix or fruit at the breakfast. Not was any tea or hot coco provided. My nephews bed fell apart the first night of our stay. Not enough towels even though the night manager said they had to be in the room. No vending machines for snacks. No book provided in our room of local attractions or etc. and when my wife asked for one the night manager once again asked why we would want to look at one. The fitness center was so poor and the only machine in it was broken.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 9372910284.

Holland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was honestly quite nervous when someone else I was traveling with made reservations at Best Western. I was expecting dated, dingy, and run down. It was exactly the opposite. Having been on a recent vacation in much more expensive hotel rooms I was VERY impressed with how new everything was...and clean! The carpet even appeared to be clean--which never happens at a hotel. The lobby had a little seating area, the bathrooms were spotless and had granite countertops. They had flat screen TVs and updated furnishings. The breakfast wasn't impressive, but it was free and there was a waffle maker--so that helps! Overall it still wasn't a luxury hotel, but I was very impressed and would stay there anytime.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor which was nice, but I'm guessing they were all updated at the same ti...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Partha Sinha,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had an enjoyable stay here. The hotel had recently been updated and it showed. Very new looking accommodations. The desk clerks we encountered at check in were very polite and professional . We will definitely stay here again when visiting the Dayton area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Kansas City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Beautiful and well located Rooms were tastefully updated. Bathroom a big plus. Reading the reviews left me a little concerned. They neglected to clean our room the last night but handled the complaint very well. Everything worked very well. Difficult to find from the main street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South? Share your experiences!