“Not Great, But Not Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Dayton North

You added Fairfield Inn Dayton North to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Dayton North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6960 Miller Lane, Fully Renovated in 2014, Dayton, OH 45414   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Ohio
“Not Great, But Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

My wife and wanted a weekend out of town and went to Dayton Ohio. We stayed at the Fairfield North. As for the Hotel, it was ok. It provided us with what we needed, and bed, shower, and roof. There was nothing that made this hotel special.
We did like the location, it was right off I-75 so it was easy to get any where we wanted to go. We were not happy with the taxi services in this town, but thats a totally different review. So I guess what I'm saying is it's clean, comfy, and priced right. i have no negitive to say about it.

• Liked — Access to I-75
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

I returned from a stay at this hotel after a brief stop over on business. I have to first start of the review by commenting on the obvious: it's Dayton, OH, - is just not that great of a place to be in the first place. With that said, this hotel was clean, convenient and the staff was friendly. It offers a free shuttle to and from the airport, which was very helpful. In addition, it includes breakfast which is available from 4:00 a.m. This is helpful for anyone with an early morning flight (apparenlty, many of the pilots stay over there). The shuttle starts running at 5:00 a.m.

FOOD - it is actually very convenient to a number of places to eat -since I didn't have a car, it was helpful to walk right across the way to some decent food.

All in all, it was a decent hotel for the price. Would I vacation there? No. Would I stay there again if I have to go to Dayton? Sure!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bay City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2006

I arrived on Halloween night at 1:30am (they expected my late arrival since I was driving 5 hours after taking my kids trick-or-treating). After removing the plastic covering from my door, I entered my room to find it unbarably hot! The air conditioner apparently was not working. I finally fell asleep around 3:00am but was awakened at 4:30am by the neighbor's alarm (which wasn't very loud). Unable to go back to sleep and afraid I would over-sleep, I got up and got ready for my 8:00am appointment--planning to return to my room for an afternoon nap before my evening conference.

I purposely went back to my room around noon since I was hoping to return to a cleaned room. When I returned, I found a construction crew working outside my door. So, I placed the 'privacy please' sign on my door with every intent to take a nap when I quickly realized that the construction crew had no reservations where they were working or the noise level. If I wasn't so tired, I would have complained and demanded a new room...but, I was hoping they would stop eventually...which they never did.

The front desk called my room around 2:30 and asked me if I was checking out soon...when I surprisingly responded that I had paid for 2 nights the young lady sounded almost put out (maybe I was just too tired). When I returned from my dinner I was unable to open my door. The front desk clerk also verified my problem when she also was unable to open it...and informed me that she would have to call maintenance. Of course, this part of my experience caused me to be late to my conference. While I was waiting, I noticed my air conditioner had cardboard taped over it...guess I figured out why it wasn't working! After 10 minutes of waiting in the 20 degree weather, I tried my key again by pushing the magnetic strip closer...which happened to unlock the door! When I called down to let them know I was able to get into my room, they responded by saying "oh, we have been having problems with these locks lately--we've actually had to use hair dryers to heat them up in some instances".

It also took me 2 days to figure out that I had to hold the flush button down until the water completely flushed through the toilet in order for it to flush completely (which was about 1 minute).

Not a very good experience. To add to my issues, when I calmly and politely (yes, really) explained my situation and how I was too tired to complain and switch rooms...their response was, "Since you purchased through Travelocity we are unable to offer you any rebate. If you like, I can add points to your Marriott rewards account." Apparently it didn't matter that I paid cash for one night and the other night was through Travelocity ??

Stayed October 2006
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

Convenient, just off intersection of I-70 & I-75, this is one of about 8-10 hotels along a strip, across from a Sams Club. Maybe Fairfield took this location over from another chain because it's layout is unusual. The most unusual part, however, was the weird odors in the hallways and rooms (we were on 3d), like carpet cleaner maybe? The breakfast area is small and easily crowded, with an average-at-best selection. Cheapest gas in 8 states is just down the street.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Odors
  • Tips/Secrets — None
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn Dayton North? Share your experiences!