“stay away.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Clarksville
“stay away.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here twice in a 10 day period. the first time I was put into a room that smelled of mold. It looked as though there had been a bad leak from above and the cleanup was terrible. I asked for another room and was told there were none. The manager was called and she was rude and of no help. Eventually, we were sent to another room where the key would not work. When that was fixed someone else's luggage was already in the room. All this after a long bus trip.
As if this wasn't bad enough, on the way back we stayed at the same hotel and, believe it or not, I was put back into the same room. The same moldy smell and the same rude staff. I had ended up staying in the room the first time, not this time.
IF the rooms are not bad enough, then the staff is enough to keep me away. This cannot be owned by Marriott. This place is terrible. Stay Away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DebbieWills, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Hope C,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I have reviewed the issues you encountered during your stays with the tour with our Assistant General Manager who clearly remembers the mix up and our inability to correct the situation. The odor you encountered your room was actually a repair and it appears incomplete which was an additional error on the part of our staff. I sincerely apologize for both the discomfort this caused and for our staff coming across as rude. It is certainly not typical of the service or accommodations we provide as I am sure you can verify with the tour company. If you could please contact me directly, I will be pleased to remit the cost of the room to you directly. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, I have addressed it with the manager and maintenance staff to ensure it never happens again.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Not the Fairfield quality we are used to; it surely used to be a Motel 6 or some other cheap chain. Outside entrance to room and elevator (no fun in the cold rain). Small room, stinky HVAC (below-window unit) that was possibly moldy. Strong smell of toxic (we assume) cleaning products. Both my wife and I woke up with swollen eyes and scratchy throats. Dirty halls. They house lots of bus tours, it appears. The only positive: extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff, both at check-in and check-out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
DebbieWills, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn. I sincerely apologize that you found the hotel less than acceptable. Our Fairfield Inn is a first generation design to the Brand and at times not to everyone taste. I was very disappointed regarding PTAC issues as those have been cleaned less than one month ago, so I am trying to access exactly what caused your discomfort. If you would care to contact me directly with your information, I would appreciate it, I am very concerned to learn your stay was not comfortable. We are currently scheduled to begin a complete renovation next month and while this will not change the size of lower level rooms it will certainly make them more comfortable and more current with today's décor standards. Again please accept my apology, I will look forward to hearing from you.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a nice hotel and an excellant value. The rooms are nice, a good size and there is even a pool. It is a no thrills hotel but you get alot of amenities. water at check in, breakfast with eggs that starts at 4 Am. If you are stayiing at the airport or in the vicinity, this is a great hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels and this hotel tries real hard for your business. there is even free wifi. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DebbieWills, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn. It is always nice to hear that our guest enjoyed a comfortable stay and appreciates our efforts. As a property near the airport with shuttle service, we have always wanted to ensure our guest could enjoy a nice breakfast before an early flight and therefore open early to accommodate them. We are scheduled to begin a complete renovation soon and hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Dayton with an updated room and new lobby and breakfast area. Thank you again for the review, it is sincerely appreciated.

Debbie Wills.
Copley, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here on 3 separate occasions over parts of 2 weeks.
First and foremost I was really impressed with the marketing strategy of Sandy in the sales department. She visited my construction jobsite several times and it resulted in multiple bookings. She did a fantastic job.
The hotel, although quite dated, had many of the comforts of home including in room refrigerators, microwaves, a nice TV, a comfortable bed and a desk to do work. The wireless network was fantastic. The breakfast was fantastic (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, sausage gravy, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, pastries, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, etc.) and it starts at 4 am! There were vending & ice machines next to the lobby area as well. Two nights during the week they offer dinner. One of the nights I was there the hotel had lasagna, salad & breadsticks from Olive Garden.
The hotel also offers an in ground outside pool as well as a fitness center, neither of which I used during my stay.
I mentioned the hotel is dated; the rooms were fairly cramped the decor was pretty old. I was told that it will be thoroughly renovated beginning this October.
There are many, many nearby restaurants in this highly developed area. Upon your arrival you receive some discounts to some of the local eateries.
The price was outstanding for the value. You also receive full Marriott Rewards points.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to others, be it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shaun,

Thanks so much for taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review. Our sales manager Sandy spoke of you often and was thrilled as we all were that you were able to stay a few days. We are indeed in the process of renovation preparation and are looking forward to the outcome. I have updated a few photos of public areas and rooms of course so that our guest will see what is coming soon. we hope to see you on your next visit to Dayton.

Debbie Wills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for the Air Force marathon. For a decent price, I was given a room on the third floor, with an enclosed entryway, away from the noise of the highway and pool.

If you stay on the first two floors of the hotel, your door will open to the outside, a feature you'd expect at a Motel 6 or Super 8. The staff is courteous and the breakfast area is well stocked and has impressive hours of operation between 4 and 10 am.

As a Marriott loyalist, I was surprised at the condition of this property. I am accustomed to Marriott hotels being in relevant condition. I hope the renovations will try to eliminate the divisive entries between the third and lower floors, and work to give more space in the "executive" rooms. I look forward to frequenting this property post-renovation, but until then I'll stay at another Fairfield Inn or Marriott property.

• Stayed September 2013
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was a good stop for us since we had a flight out of Dayton Airport. The room was clean and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they served breakfast (which was very good) starting at 4am - this is a big plus for people with early flights. I was also pleased to see that they have their own shuttle to the airport. Nice to know for future flights - saves you a lot of time and money. Good price too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Turin, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Where to begin. Early check in was rejected quite quickly. Upon request of a holding room for luggage, again, I was told no. Once in the room, I was disappointed to see a dated, dreary room. We paid for two nights and did not bother to stay the second night. I could hardly wait to leave. Even the shape of the hotel was a bit obscure. The hotel was in the shape of a square, and all the rooms face the outside. You must leave your room to get to the lobby, ice machine, breakfast...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn Dayton North? Share your experiences!