I have been - happily - a Marriott Rewards member for many years but have never been as disappointed in a Marriott brand experience as the one here. First, let me say that all the employees were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was fine, but...
We were startled when we drove up to see that the entries to the rooms were external instead of the normal internal corridors. One of the reasons we stay at Marriotts is their dependability by brand and we never checked the hotel photos beforehand (obviously will never happen again) since our previous experiences with Fairfield have always been interior access. This was like staying in a much lower range hotel, like a Super 8 or Motel 6, which is fine if that is what you expect. Not a good start.
The room was tiny, very institutional, though minimally adequate. But the small window made it dreary and cell-like, and more important, the drape did not effectively eliminate the walkway lights at night which shone directly outside the window and around the edges of the drapes. One of the worst parts was the squeaking constantly coming from the room above us — from both the bed and the floorboards — so we could chart the occupant's activity across the room, etc. ALL night. The other worst part was the air conditioning unit which sounded like a freight train constantly running through the room -- the only upside of which is that it proved a distraction from the squeaking from above.
This hotel is not a good representative of the Marriott brand, and I am glad we have had previous experiences that were better or we would never book Marriott again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in 2014! Fairfield Inn is conveniently located at the I-70 & I-75 interchange. We are the home of Dayton's most popular Park and Fly program providing complimentary shuttle service to and from Dayton International Airport. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet beginning at 4am daily for those early travelers. Located among a large variety of restaurants available at all price levels. Additionally, we are a pet friendly facility offering first floor rooms for the convenience of our furry friends. Please visit us on your next trip to Dayton, we look forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Fairfield Dayton
- Dayton Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn Dayton North Ohio