“Great Food and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Have been here for lunch several times with a group of retirees. Every time the service and food has been very good. Have not been here for dinner, but would expect the same quality of food and service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Centerville, Ohio, Usa
“Locally Owned and Operated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've been going to Geez for many years. We started by a big group going there on Thursdays after Pee Wee football practice. The knock I had at the time was that it was smoky. Since they banned snoking in restaurants that problem is solved. Geez makes good homemade food. Their pizzas are excellent and their wings are different in a good way. French dip sandwich is a favorite here, as well. I've really not had a bad meal here. The staff has been here for ages I see Nick (the owner) there most nights we go. Some of the comments say the service is a little slow, but they make the food to order and I'd rather they take their time and serve me hot food to order than settle for what some of the other places sling you. They are decorated to the hilt for Christmas and that makes it very festive. The true test of a restaurant is the customers. Geez has many regulars and they keep coming back, some for years on end - a testament to the quality of food being served. Some customers dress-up and others are there after games. Geez is an excellent choice and I do love that we know the owner and help support locally-owned establishments. And there's nothing better than a quality restaurant where the staff comes up just to say hello, and thanks for coming. Geez is definately one of my favorite restaurants around.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“This is the kind of business that WE need to support! Locally Owned and Operated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have been coming to GEEZ for at least five years. We always end up
choosing GEEZ! And always we leave GEEZ happy with the choice we made! The food is awesome and the service is very personable and professional. Yes, it is a quaint setting.
However, we have talked to the nicest people while there. As far as food portion sizes...on several occasions I have seen couples order one of the daily specials and then they split the meal. They seem to be perfectly content with the amount of food that they get. I always end up with lots left over. I highly recommend the NY Strip Steak! It is always fresh and never frozen. This is the BEST steak that I have ever eaten, ever!!!! If you are looking to try a new place that you will love...TRY GEEZ!!!..YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!! YOU WILL BE HOOKED!! :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Good food, long waits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After eating here a few times I can comment about consistency. This is a bar/ restaurant with half of the menu bar lower level food mixed with some true homemade true foods. Consistently I find the food quality to be very high and items tasting very well. The sauces for spaghetti and lasagna are very good. On the other side I find the the service to be rather slow and although the food taste great no meals ever come out in less than 25-30 minutes and waiting 45 minutes has happened. Tables are close and the atmosphere is much like a bar with beer advertising and the like on the walls nothing really special that speaks of the local town. You don't have the feel of what town or location nothing to do with Dayton, Ohio on the walls etc... Tables are rather close together. Back the food the chili is home made as well other meals, yet portions are smaller than they should be and although no server has ever been rude the wait for food from the kitchen is just plain slow. The restaurant is run by family and this gives a nice touch. The experiences have never been terrible, but it is just a solid 3 star for me.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The Worst- avoid it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am surprises at the other rating here. I found this place to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had. We had a large parties of adults and kids of all ages. We has reservation but I felt like I was on an episode of Seinfeld as our reservation clearly meant nothing. We agreed to split up. We had the kids at one table and the adults and little kids at 2 others. I looked at the menu and it was mostly fried food. My friends did get the greek salad but no greek dressing was available! I got the fish and chips and the guys got sandwiches and pizza. The fish was terrible, McDonalds is better...seriously it was. The salads were embarrassingly bad and the rest was so-so. The worst part is that this food took over an hour to get and I am probably being generous. The service was horrible and there was no apology for the wait and we asked for rolls to get the kids something, we were charged for them. Some items were reasonable but considering the quality not a good value. I will NEVER return.

• Visited March 2013