“Consistently Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dayton

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Dayton to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Dayton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5220 Huberville Ave, Harshman Rd & Springfield St, Dayton, OH 45431   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 45 hotels in Dayton
Cruising on a sailboat in FL Keys
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here a year ago and enjoyed it enough to come back. Everything was the same including the desk clerk. Check in was very fast. The king bed was very comfortable, shower was hot and the HVAC was quiet. The room was spacious and clean. The only oddity was the clunky old Tube type TV, but we weren't spending much time in front of the tube so it didn't matter.

IMHO this property is the absolute best place to stay if you are visiting the Air Force Museum which is right across the street.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Granite City, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Gosh, we never had ANY problems. We had a king room, that was clean and spacious. The bed was sooo comfy, our room was quiet and we slept like babies. Breakfast was wonderful. The place was clean and didn't smell at all. The pool was nice. Front desk staff was very helpful. We LOVED that this hotel was right across the street from the Air Force Museum, but not in a noisy part of town. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. Stayed here two nights and would stay again if we're ever in that part of the country.

Room Tip: We like king rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Reserved a room at this hotel with a group for my son's soccer tournament labor day weekend and was never informed of any sort of non refundable deposit given we were reserving so close to our arrival date. Upon reserving the room I was never given a reservation number, but I requested that they email me all the information, this never happened.

As things turned out, I had to cancel the reservation do to my work schedule and send my son with another family. When I initially called to cancel the Tuesday before the customer service rep couldn't find my reservation. I called back later in the afternoon and another customer service rep found it after a couple tries eventually needing my card number to do so and informed me it had already been canceled. That was it. No cancellation number, no information about being held accountable for an initial check in charge of one nights stay, nothing. I also discussed this with our team manager and she was never informed of a non refundable booking fee either.

When I checked my account balance Saturday morning I found a $338.58 charge on my debit card from this hotel. After multiple phone calls and discussions with the owner he finally relented to refunding 2 nights of our reservation (which still hasn't happened after 2 weeks) and keeping the first night charge as a "policy fee" for not having cancelled 14 days in advance. The reservation was made 9 days prior to arrival. He also suggested that if I had a problem with this to contact my bank and dispute the charges and eventually hung up on me.

Keeping in mind the supposed cancelation policy I have to ask why none of the families that cancelled their Sunday night stay were held accountable for this "policy fee"? Worst customer service I have ever received from a hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Northeast Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent 2 nights there when dropping our daughter off at University of Dayton. The area around the hotel was quiet. The room size was pretty good for the price. There were some minor issues with dust/dirt in the room, but not terrible. The breakfast food was quite poor. The staff was friendly.
Contrary to one prior review, no signs of insects at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I was stationed with the Air Force at Wright Patterson from 1992-1997. I returned to the area for a reunion. This hotel has been built directly across from the USAF Museum since I left.
We stayed there for several days while attending the reunion and visiting the Museum. Very convenient for that purpose. Rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfast was provided but fairly spartan even by Comfort Inn standards. But coffee was available and appreciated all 24 hours. Front desk dealt with several booking issues we had promptly and professionally.
The hotel does sit alone by itself and there are no restaurants within walking distance.
Would we stay here again, we probably would if our visit to Dayton was primarily for the USAF Museum.

Stayed July 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The staff was amazing. The coin laundry was great. The room was both spacious and clean, even smelling fresh! The bathroom in our room was enormous compared to every other hotel we have visited as a family. Our only regret is that we were unable to stay longer. We will definitely be back when we plan our trip to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights on a long weekend and right away staff made us feel welcomed. Our room was on the first floor, opposite the lobby hallway to the pool. A fire door closed off our little section of 8 rooms and it was amazing how quite the room was, being so close to the lobby and the breakfast area.

As many other reviews indicate, breakfast was nothing too special but it did include eggs, alternating meats of sausage patties and turkey bacon (changing each day). Right there for me that is so much better than a cup of mediocre coffee and a stale danish which is the breakfast I have been offered at many a hotel of the years.

As with all these complimentary breakfasts, it's first come, first serve. If you want a waffle and don't want to have to wait behind the dozen kids lined up, be sure to get out there early. They also provide fresh fruit, yogurt, bakery sweets, bread, and choice of hot cereals, cold cereals, apple juice, orange juice, water and several coffee varieties.

I will admit I was nervous after reading reviews including notations about bedbugs. But I did my research, checked out our room before we even brought in our luggage. With this latest global infestation, it's just something you have to do these days. Happy to say, no sign of the little buggers. But it did give me a chance to take a closer look at the pillow-top mattress which was just dreamy to sleep on.

The room was huge. A 2 queen suite with a 1 person sofa-sleeper, refrigerator and microwave. A bathroom no claustrophobe would ever have a problem with. The only down side to the room was the weak Wi-Fi signal.

It also appears that our stay was just a couple weeks after huge storms came through the area, destroying the patio furniture. It is my understanding they will be replacing that in the near future.

Located right across the street from the National Air Force Museum, you do need to drive to visit the museum and to get a bite to eat. However I will say between chain restaurants and local hangouts, there are dozens of choices available within just a couple miles of the hotel.

We were visiting town for festival and not really planning on going back next year, but we enjoyed our hotel stay so much, we may have to make it an annual event.

Please note the photos on their website are accurate and up-to-date. This is a great little (65 room) family and pet friendly place to stay when you are in Dayton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!