“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here while attending a conference at the University of Dayton, Ohio.
Hotel is great, Staff are more than helpful and friendly. They have a fairly good restaurant for a casual meal or drinks. I ordered a great breakfast - Room Service and enjoyed while watching the news !

Room Tip: A Room closer to the elevators may be good !
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Zelma2014,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your review. It’s encouraging to know that your conference stay was pleasant. Our goal is to provide comfort and friendly service to all our guests who are away from home; your feedback allows us to monitor how we are doing. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return trip.

Garry Kirkland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent 2 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott at the University of Dayton and it was just fine. Nice, clean, spacious rooms. Front desk was helpful, but the staff at The Bistro, the restaurant/bar downstairs were fantastic. They were so nice and accommodating every time I went down there for anything. Good food for breakfast or late night. Try the Asian salad, not too bad at all. The location is great if you are there for an event at the Univ. of Dayton Arena. So close you can walk, but you will need a car for anything else on campus or in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor have a lot of traffic walking by, especially in the front of the hotel. T...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear mkings12,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other travelers. I’m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our great location and friendly service while in town. There is no better compliment than a return visit, so we hope to see you again soon.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First thing on arriving there was a 20 minute traffic jam, the worst in my 9 hr drive cross country getting there. The place is across the street from the stadium, and the fans filled up the hotel parking... no legal parking spots left.

They would not give me a military discount because I had used booking dot com, and the room was not what we had arranged (no sofa bed as advertised).

Staff were nice enough, pool was good. Restaurant sells overpriced beer.

Would not stay again or recommend, UNLESS you are going to a game in the stadium.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear JackTheWorldTraveler,

I’m sorry that you did not find us to be a good value and that you found our central location frustrating during rush hour. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you underwhelmed. Your feedback is welcomed as it encourages change for future stays. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

I made a reservation through PriceLine for a 1 King or 2 Double bed last Saturday. When I arrived I was given a room with a single double bed. When I called the front desk to address the issue I was told that "it was not possible to have a single double bed in my room" and I "must be mistaken, all rooms have a single king or 2 doubles". After 30 seconds of discussion the front desk clerk put me on hold and then came back and said "oh yes, you are in a handicap room and it does have a single double". I informed the front desk clerk that my reservation lists a single King or 2 doubles. The clerk told me "sorry but we are sold out and they do not guarantee rooms". Isn't that the point of a "reservation" to reserve something? After a bit more back and forth, my wife called the front desk and asked for the Manager. "Lisa" answered the call and gave my wife the same story and told us "we don't guarantee room sizes", my wife quickly disagreed and said that there is nothing on their website or the reservation that says rooms are not guaranteed. In fact, the reservation says the room is not guaranteed until the payment is made, of which we paid up front when the reservation was made. After more back and forth we were told that the "hotel was sold out due to a volleyball tournament and no rooms were available". My wife and "Lisa" again went back and forth until "Lisa" told my wife that "we should have thought about making a reservation back in Oct when everyone else made theirs". This comment was super unprofessional and very inappropriate for a Hotel Manager to say to a client. We came from out of town and we had no idea that there was a volley ball tournament in town, nor should it matter. Yes, we made a last minute reservation, but nothing in the reservation said that the room selection was not available or what was offered was not available. We chose this hotel because the room size was available and we needed it due to our family size. I could have saved a lot of money and been closer to where I needed to be if I had taken a room with 1 double bed at another hotel. Plain and simple the hotel did not provide the service it sold us on the Internet and when we questioned them they were rude and unprofessional. I would be very cautious that you make sure you get what you ordered at this hotel and beware of "Lisa", she is completely unprofessional and does not understand that "you" are the customer.

• Stayed February 2015
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Dear Baboo24,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. Unfortunately, we do not have any associates names Lisa. I am the Manager and not aware of this issue. It would be my pleasure to assist you in locating the correct hotel in which to leave this review so your concerns can be addressed. I’m at your service.

937.220.9060
Unavailable
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

Very conveniently located to the flyers basketball arena. Able to just walk across the street and be at the arena. No parking or traffic hassles. Did not purchase the breakfast plan. The 12 noon checkout is nice.

Room Tip: I think starting Jan 2015 a rewards card is needed for free wifi. I have stayed on the top floor and...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, January 31, 2015
Dear Carmensicecream,

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed our location and the level of service we provide. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip.

Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

This hotel is very affordable and clean. The rooms are remodeled very nicely. The pool was impressive. The only challenge is the location. The hwy and near by roads make it tricky to find. Also the breakfast is not complimentary. Which for a family is a downer. I would stay again due to the beautiful rooms and friendly staff.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
Dear MrsAnderson41809,

Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, modern rooms, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Furlong, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

I stayed in a newly remodeled room and it was very comfortable. The staff was great. Specifically, Richard from the front desk went out of his way to find a creative solution to find a space for me to practice my trumpet for an upcoming performance without bothering other guests. And Mark brought me a pitcher of ice water during my session! Very nice people. If I need to go back to Dayton, I would stay there again. Not far from the Air Force museum which is awesome.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, December 21, 2014
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other travelers. I’m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our great location and friendly service while in town for a performance. I will be sure to share your kind remarks. There is no better compliment than a return visit, so we hope to see you again soon.

Garry Kirkland

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton? Share your experiences!