“University of Dayton--campus tour” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Jim Thorpe
“University of Dayton--campus tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

The four of us liked our king suite (2 rooms--1 K bed/1 double sofa bed). It was spacious, and the two rooms, with two tv's, overlooking the river gave our teen sons (and their parents) some privacy as well as some room to walk around. The fridge (no freezer section) was convenient. However, we ran into trouble when it came time to shower. The four of us were given two towels...not a big deal, I thought, so I called the front desk to ask for two more, and two more towels were delivered to our door. Unfortunately, the next day, again, only two towels were left in our room after housekeeping and there was no replenishment of shampoo or glasses/styrofoam cups. I called the front desk, asked for four towels and some shampoo, and the shampoo but only two towels were delivered. Admittedly, we take a lot of showers, one each morning and one each night, and we like to use clean towels. Still, I didn't like having to call for towels each day...nor did I like not receiving the requested quantity after making a phone call, twice. The four of us were given a total of two towels each day, and calling the desk was a nuisance. (The four duffel bags in the living area and four toiletry bags hanging in the bathroom area --and the open sofa bed-- should have made the full occupancy of the room known.) I'm all for "going green," but I don't want to share a bath towel or drinking glass with anyone, and I didn't like having to hang wet towels around the room and over doors to dry. Other than the issue with the lack of towels, glasses, and shampoo, our stay was fine. The people at the front desk were very friendly, and gave us some packets of toothpaste upon request. We also enjoyed warm chocolate chip cookies left at the front desk one night. Again, our room was great, everyone was very friendly, and I would stay at this Marriot again...but I'll request more towels, cups, and shampoo at check-in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Dear SMCChick,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your recommendation! We greatly appreciate your comments and are glad to know everyone enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite, but regret that you had trouble getting towels and toiletries. Please accept my apologies for this and know that we recognize it as a great opportunity to have a “refresher” with our housekeeping team on replenishing the room for the right number of people. Hope you had a great visit to UD.

Best regards,

Janie Loughran, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed here with my husband on a Saturday night when we came to town for a UD basketball game. We got a great rate on Priceline and were thrilled with the hotel. The gym and pool area were both very nice. The room was well-appointed with a comfortable bed, flat-screen TV, and large bathroom area. There was a nice lounge downstairs with some happy hour deals. We were able to walk right across the street to the arena for the game, which was great. The only potential downside to this hotel is the location - there's not a whole lot in walking distance, other than the arena. But, it's very convenient to I-75, which would get you pretty much anywhere you'd want to go. A nice shopping/dining area called The Greene is a quick drive away.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Thanks for your review abbalish, it’s great to hear you enjoyed the hotel – hope you had a good time at the game!

Best,

cleveland, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed here last weekend while visiting the University of Dayton. The rooms were very clean. I booked the room for 4 people but they only gave us enough towels for two. I did call down for more but they didn't send up any washcloths. I had to go down and get them. The rooms were very clean but very loud. All night long you could hear doors closing and noise from the freeway. My husband and I both woke up with backaches from the bed.
The buffet breakfast was very good but the service was terrible. I had trouble getting coffee and had to send one of my kids to get creme in the lobby.. We stayed at the Drury on Miller Road last time we visited and was very happy there. We probably will go back there if we come back again. We chose to stay here because this was so close to UD. I think if the Marriott was less expensive I would have rated it higher but I didn't feel it was worth the price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

This was the priciest hotel room outside of a resort that I have paid for in quite some time. However, the location was important to me, so from that perspective I could accept the price. Upon check in, there was nobody at the desk; the front desk clerk was seated in a lounge area watching TV and less that enthusiastically wandered over to the desk. One of the few things I am fussy about in hotel room are quality towels. I was shocked that the towels provided to us were in dire need of replacement. Additionally, I have documented in my Marriott Rewards profile a request for additional towels. This stay was the first time in ahwile this request was not fulfilled. The hotel was otherwise clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in a very nice King Suite with great light, tasteful decor and a nice amount of space (we were also lucky enough to get a balcony room). The indoor pool and hottub are clean, inviting and open up to a nice outdoor patio. There is a reasonable hotel bar with nice happy hour deals and free chocolate chip cookies. Good amount of quiet space in the lobby/restaurant area to get some work done. I really appreciated the free internet and the two computers provided in the lobby with internet access (so nice to look up directions, check into flights etc). Staff was very helpful. The only potential downside is location - it is nestled within the sports complexes for UofD, but there are not restaurants within an easy walk. This wasn't a problem for us at all, as we were out in the evenings anyway and there was a nice breakfast option at the hotel restaurant.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Thanks so much for your review and for recommending us edd33! We appreciate your comments and hope you and your boyfriend visit us again soon.

Take care,

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at this Marriott on Edwin C. Moses Blvd. for four nights. The service was excellent. The room was spotless, the halls and public areas were clean and comfortable. There is an excellent buffet breakfast which provided a good variety of hot and cold dishes which you pay for. They also serve dinner. All staff were very friendly and accomodating. We would highly recommend it for families with kids as there is an indoor swimming pool and a small gym. Also, don't miss the Air Force museum with displays of planes and rockets from the beginning of air travel to the present - no admission charge.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Dear flomale – thanks for your review and for recommending our hotel! We’re so glad you had an enjoyable experience while you were here and that you had a chance to visit the museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, it’s a very nice facility. You recommended us for families with kids; there’s also a children’s museum and planetarium with a petting zoo nearby that’s a big hit with families. Hope to see you again next time you’re in the area!
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

What a nice place to stay at. Friendly staff, comfortable beds, free internet...
I will stay here again..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thanks for your review; we look forward to seeing you next time!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dayton-University of Dayton? Share your experiences!