“The only place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6616 Miller Lane, Dayton, OH 45414   |
Ranked #4 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Dayton ohio
“The only place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I started staying at Drury Inn and Suites five years ago and now where ever I go I look for one of these Hotels. I have found some of the nicest people at these hotels. I always get the two room suite and I just love it. Where else can you stay at a reasonable price hotel with great people and free food, and popcorn and soda. I have found that these people (Dierre,Cierra- Bartenders,)
(Lucas, Melissa and Charissa-Front Desk and Mangers) are some of the reason this hotel works.

Room Tip: ask for the two room suite, plenty of room just great if you have kids.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Troy, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place is great. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and the free food is pretty good. We will be happy to return. We live 20 minutes away and it is a great quick get-away. The indoor-outdoor pool is great. The only minor thing would be to make fresh popcorn every so often. That was the only disappointment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the perfect stay. There was a bit of issue getting the booking for a room as I had to get the help of the manager since there were 2 new desk people that seemed not fully aware of how to book a room over the phone. But the manager took care of that and offered an Oversized King room at a great price to make up for the problem. She knew we needed extra quiet for business and paperwork and made sure we also got the room at the end of hallway on the corner. That was a great idea because the hotel was booked solid with high school wrestlers and other high school groups. But we were fine and quiet in the Oversized King on the corner! The staff was very cordial and extremely courteous always asking if there was anything they could do for us during our stay and that was most appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed at Drury Inn & Suites before, but not at this location. We had stayed at the location in O'Fallon, IL for the two previous nights and it was an absolute dream stay.
We were travelling home from Fort Riley, KS to Maryland and didn't want to make hotel reservatons ahead of time because we never knew quite how far we would make it each night. This was going to be our last night before reaching our home, so we made the reservation from the Drury Inn & Suites in O'Fallon, IL. For a Monday night, I thought the rate was a bit high - I believe it was a military rate. There were four adults and a dog and I was shocked when we walked into the room and saw, not only how small the room was, but how small the bathroom was, besides being built into a corner. I made the reservation on line and made it perfectly clear the size of our party. I went down to the front desk and asked them IF this was a deluxe queen room that we were getting, because the room we had in O'Fallon was not only much bigger (plenty of room for the doggie bed) but the bathroom was rectangular, like most bathrooms, and roomy. The bathroom was so bad, that you barely had room to shut the door without hitting yourself in the knees. They told me that it was considered a deluxe queen and that every location could be different depending on the age and size of the location. Not quite what I had expected for a reply.
At check out the next morning, I asked to talk to the manager, but I got the assistant manager. Again, not much help. I told her that I had hoped that by writing that we had a dog, they would have given us a room that had a bit more floor space. I also told her that our bathroom was set up so that the sink was outside the room with the toilet and shower, BUT the toilet was built into the corner and it was such a tight squeeze while sitting in there. She told me that they had no control over how the rooms in the hotel were laid out, and that was just the way the hotel was constructed. She could have cared less about my concern of the size of the room for four adults and a dog. I also told her that there was no floor light overlooking the lounge chair in a corner, making it difficult to sit and read. There also was only one older looking regular lamp on the nightstand between the beds, so there was not enough light for either person laying on the farthest side of each bed to read (we all had KINDLES, iPADS, iPHONES, etc). No reply to the "complaint" about no light in the corner over the lounge chair or the one light on the shared nightstand between the queen beds. I honestly felt like I was talking to a mannequin.
She then told me that the next time we were travelling, and planned on staying in Dayton, to tell them when I made my reservation at Drury that she was upgrading us to a suite. Well, great offer, but I told her that there are no Drury Inn & Suites EAST of Dayton, OH and we would never be travelling east through the "midwest states" because my son in law had just gotten out of the Army and we would never have a need to travel to Kansas again.
I feel like everytime I make a reservation now and we are travelling with the dog, I have to specifically tell them about the dog, her big dog bed and could they possibly give us a larger sized room. In this economy, businesses are more than willing to bend over backwards. I don't feel that I asked for too much when I spoke to those two different people.
I don't feel that the assistant manager handled the situation well, and because of that I would think twice about staying at a Drury Inn & Suites again. We travel quite a bit up and down the east coast, and stay at many different hotel chains (usually Marriott, Sheraton, Hampton, and B&B's) and I don't think Drury Inns & Suites will be added onto that list.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your honest opinion of your recent stay at the Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North.

I would like to apologize for your disappointment in your room size and overall layout of our queen deluxe room types. Our goal with all of our guests is to provide a clean and comfortable room so they can experience a “Home Away From Home” comfort and I am sorry that is not what you experienced. For your future travels we do offer additional room types such as our King or 2 Queen Suites which have a sitting room separate from the bedroom area offering much more space that could be more accommodating for your party.

I would also like to apologize that you received less than exceptional service from our Assistant General Manager when you brought your concerns to her attention. I will review your feedback with her and my team and work towards ways of continuing to improve on our service for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, we value and appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Jamie Walters
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second night in a row staying at a Drury Inn and Suites. We were travelling north on the I 75 home to Canada.
We loved our stay in Marietta Georgia, so it was an easy decision to find another in Ohio.
Loved the free dinner, free wifi, free breakfast and loads of channels on the TV.
After a 7 hour drive, it was nice to have a great place to relax and not worry about finding local food.

• Stayed February 2013
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a memorial service. We had never stayed in a Drury Inn before but we definitely will be staying in one again. The room was very nice. The beds were comfortable. The service was excellent. They offer a full breakfast every morning which was delicious! They also offer popcorn and sodas in the afternoon. In the evening there were cocktails and hot food (which included hot dogs, baked potatoes, soup, pasta and more). You could easily stay at this hotel and only have to eat out at lunch. There are also tons of restaurants nearby. The location is right off the highway surrounded by other hotels and restaurants so it is convenient but not scenic. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
dayton ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Drury Inn has become my preferred hotel chain in the $80 - $130/night price range. Have stayed at other Drury Inn's, but most recently this one. As with the others, had a top-notch experience. From free wi-fi to breakfast and evening meals/drinks to a friendly staff to a wonderful location, I am not sure why anyone would choose to stay elsewhere. Trust these reviews and enjoy the stay! By the way, we loved the jacuzzi room last time...should have got it again, but chose the over-sized room this time. Loved that as well. No negatives at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North? Share your experiences!