“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dayton Englewood

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Dayton Englewood to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dayton Englewood
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9325 N. Main St, I-70 Dayton-Englewood Exit #29, Dayton, OH 45415   |
Ranked #26 of 46 hotels in Dayton
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Sheets had stains on them (both beds). Staff was friendly at check in. Not terrible for the price but could have been cleaner. We paid $55 for one night, two queen beds. Shower was ok but tub felt like it might collapse in.

• Stayed September 2012

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toledo, Oh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Needing an inexpensive room for the night for an unexpectedly family visit, we stopped here. Desk clerk rude & didn't want to be bothered. Room very basic as expected but a bit disheveled & not as clean as we would like but ok. This is more like a half-way house (people living there full-time) than a motel it appears. Also, there was WAY too much activity in the parking lot ALL night long. Loud cars coming in/out & a lot of people lurking around looking as if they were up to no good (in our opinion) which made us a bit uncomfortable having our car in the parking lot. All in all, we do not wish to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Over the years, we stayed at Motel 6s in different cities. All we need is a clean, no-frill, reasonably priced room. This particular motel superceded all others we stayed at. We had a pleasant and quick check-in/check-out process. Too bad thomasnu and maynerd didn't experience what we had. Stayed here to catch an early flight to CA from nearby Dayton Airport. Our room (look at photos) was clean - bathroom, floor, sink areas. Pillows were thick and sheets smell clean. TV was old - but what the heck, we got cable programs we wanted to watch. Only single complaint was te air-conditioner - sounded like water gushing out - not the kind that puts one to sleep. However, hubby and I slept well - even with a nearby hotel chain and few fast foods. Nearby Meijer saved us on our flight sandwiches we bought on the way to the airport.
Stay here...hopefully, you'll experience what we had. For sure, we will stay here when we have very early/late flights while visiting relatives in midwest Ohio.

Room Tip: Get a southeast facing corner room - even with nearby hotel chain and fast food establishments, room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was stuffy and air conditioning was too noisy making it difficult to sleep. I ended up leaving at 3am and drove to the nearest rest stop to snooze in my car where there was fresh air.

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here a night before an early flight out of Dayton airport. I arrived very late and the guy behind the desk was extremely friendly and helpful. He was still working when I checked out and was still very pleasant.

The rooms were decent quality, but for the price it was hard to beat.

• Stayed January 2012
denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Having stayed in several Motel 6's over the years I am comfortable with the chain. When I do a cross-country trip I don't need fancy: I need clean. My wife and I were moving our son and daughter-in-law from Colorado to Maryland and we booked a reservation in the motel. The reviews seemed ok over the last several months so we decided to stay. We drove from KC that day and got in around 11:30 pm. The two rooms reserved for us were not only filthy but they smelled of smoke and mildew/mold. The carpets were filthy and the bedding didn't look clean. I asked to see 2 other rooms. The desk clerk was kind enough to do this for us and they were worse than the first two rooms. I didn't blame her and she was kind enough to refund our money. She was obviously embarrassed to hear my report of her hotel. After driving 13 hours that day we were looking forward to crashing but we had to go looking for another hotel at midnight. Stay away from this place. It's not worth the price. For just a little bit more, you can have a clean room. I'm not one to write critical reviews but this place deserves it.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
motel6dayton, General Manager at Motel 6 Dayton Englewood, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I am sorry that you had a bad experience at this location. We do provide clean & comfortable rooms to our guests. It seems that we have failed in your case. I assure you that it's a rare case. Majority of our guests are very satisfied with our service and guest rooms. Occasionally, we fail but do try our best each and every day to make sure our guests are comfortable at this location.
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Service with a smile.
King Non-smoking room is just as described and pictured on the Motel6 website. Nice desk workstation, WiFi (NO BUGS!)
Very near a McDonalds and Waffle house. Got fresh fruit and ice cream at the Meijer store nearby,
No surprises of any kind. Bed was hard, and pillows.
Good water pressure in shower, bath towels are small.
Clean room and like most motels a little frayed around the edges. Have often had to pay much more (in "higher quality" hotels) for much less.
Was not in a hurry to leave like at most places I have stayed.
(Note: no photos added because it really is just like the pics on the Motel 6 Website)
***Ratings based on price vs overall experience***

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the King rooms and book online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
motel6dayton, General Manager at Motel 6 Dayton Englewood, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Thank you very much for your response. Your feedback helps me improve this Motel 6. We will be updating our pillows and towels soon. My first priority is Wi-Fi. It will be 5x faster and more reliable. Plans are approved and techs should start installing more access points in a week or two. Thanks again. - Sachin Patel GM

Been to Motel 6 Dayton Englewood? Share your experiences!