“great seafood and atmospere.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dayton, Ohio
“great seafood and atmospere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

we went here for my birthday dinner. It was a very nice meal. the place was very busy so don't be in a hurry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good seafood in Dayton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

It's a tradition - I take my assistant to lunch here every Christmas. I've also been here for dinner throughout the year. The seafood is very good and prepared quite well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“GOOD, BUT THEY'VE BEEN BETTER”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Jay's used to be my favorite restaurant in Dayton. It's still good, but the dishes seem more typical than creative. Given the prices, I expect better. The atmosphere is warm. The seafood is fresh. The Walleye dishes are particularly tasty. However, the staff seemed hurried. It just wasn't the special experience I've come to expect at Jay's.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Now that Jay is gone”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I used to go to Jay's Seafood all the time when Jay was alive. He was very particular about the kind of fish he served. Jay died recently and the restaurant has gone down hill. They used to have an oyster bar now it's a soup bar.
The service is still good but, the food is terrible. My skirt stake was like shoe leather, only ate 2 bites. The last two times we have eaten there the food was bad. We will not be going back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Old Dayton at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

In the middle of the Oregon District is a gem of a place that reminds one of the power lunch, the wine and dining of an important client, the special place to take your significant other to an anniversary meal. In our case, it was a growing tradition of an annual reunion of high school friends(albeit old high school friends). When I visit Ohio for the Christmas holidays this is a gathering I look forward to. Great wine and great food(mine was prime rib, potatoes, a side of spinach salad and oysters rockefeller for the appetizer). I finished it with the best chocolate mousse I ever had. The staff was experienced and professional. I recommend this place highly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food