“Everything Fine, Room Quite, Staff Courteous” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2000 Bonus Points
Ranked #32 of 46 hotels in Dayton
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
“Everything Fine, Room Quite, Staff Courteous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed there on what was probably a slow night (Sunday 12/16/2012). I found everything to be satisfactory; bed was comfortable, room was quiet. The night manager Helen and the morning manager Brenda were both very helpful and courteous.
. . . Probably the most challenging part is actually FINDING the motel. My Garmin GPS incorrectly directed me to totally the wrong neighborhood. (Google maps appears to show the correct location.) But even done correctly, you have to do some "jockeying" around when you get off the exit to find the motel. When it's dark, late at night and you're fatigued and unfamiliar with the city, it seems to be a bit of a challenge.

Room Tip: Don't trust your Garmin GPS to find it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

They was a little hard to get to, but well worth it! I was greeted by a wonderful desk clerk, given a room that was clean with nice fluffy pillows, a shower that worked wunderful, and it was so quiet you couldve heard a pin drop all night! I was a little worried because their rate was so low, but now we won't stay anywhere else, and to top it off sooo-oo many choices of placed to eat a mile away! We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I spent a week visiting the area and stayed here due to room cost. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. My last trip I stayed on Miller Lane and paid more than double what I paid at Travelodge and still had a better room. The beds were very comfortable and very clean room. I will be staying here again next trip to Dayton.

• Stayed September 2012
Brenda R, General Manager at Travelodge Dayton North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review for our Travelodge in Dayton, OH. We are very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to serving you in the near future.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and our room was filthy. There was a big glob of hair in the shower and the drain was rusty. One of the lamps didn't work, and another one that was mounted on the wall was crooked and almost off the wall. The bedspread had what appeared to be dried blood on it. The blanket looked to be 10 years old, scratchy with holes in it. The sheets were wrinkled and it looked like they weren't changed from the previous customers. When I found pubic hairs on the sheets I decided to check out and stay somewhere else. On our way out we decided to visit the "fitness facility"...what a joke. A broken stair stepper, circa 1985, and a television placed on the floor (the wall mount apparently was broken). Oh, and don't forget a strong smell of mold. As we left we saw a couple of questionable-looking characters enter the motel, which reinforced our decision to check out early. I cannot believe this motel has not been condemned or shut down. It is need of a major overhaul, including new furniture, carpeting, bedding, televisions, everything. I was told that the charges would be reversed, but it's showing up on my credit card. I'll wait a few days, but if this $ is not taken off my credit card I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. Beware of this place! For the record, we ended up staying at the Courtyard Marriott a few miles away and it was awesome!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and bringing this to my attention. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At Travelodge, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not
meet those standards. That is why we had no problems giving you a full refund. We are continually working on improving our property. Once again please accept our apology.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I had a great, extended stay at Travelodge. Wayne at the front desk was my first contact and he is terrific! Very friendly and helpful. Brenda, the manager, and all the other desk staff make you feel at home. Any problems (and there were not any serious ones for me) were resolved promptly and satisfactorily. Because I had an extended stay the housekeeping staff regularly greeted me and asked if my room needed any attention. The Craigslist ad by them is accurate. I have stayed at two nearby hotels with a similar room rate that had rooms that were not as clean as Travelodge on Poe Ave. The continental breakfast gives the guest the option of having a light morning meal and then getting the day underway or returning to the room for rest until lunch. Three restaurants are within an easy walk from the hotel, or with a very short drive down Miller Lane there are more options, or hop on the convenient interstate access and all of Dayton is available. My length of stay gave me the opportunity many may not have to watch the process of refitting the hotel. I saw the parking lot sealed and repainted, the property landscaped and a new handicap ramp installed in the parking lot. This is a hotel to watch. They are serious about investing in the community by bringing this hotel to life, and they are serious about earning your business. If you don't miss mints on the pillow and you like a clean room, friendly people and saving money, check them out! -- B.

• Stayed October 2012
Brenda R, General Manager at Travelodge Dayton North, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review of our Travelodge, Dayton OH. I am so happy that your stay with us was pleasant and comfortable for you. It would be our pleasure to serve you again. Thanks again.
Rutland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hangout for construction crews...clueless how to act. Noisy most of night, inside in halls, in rooms and outside in parking lot. Front desk did not act until asked. Would not stay again. Hotel entrance is very poorly marked even though right next to freeway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brenda R, General Manager at Travelodge Dayton North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Please accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience you
experienced while staying with us at the Travelodge. I can assure you that the loudness of other guests is not an ongoing occurrence. I would also like to let you know that we are in the process of installing new signs so that the hotel can easily be seen. I do understand your concerns and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I hope that you would consider trying our Travelodge again in the near future.

Been to Travelodge Dayton North? Share your experiences!