“Best Market, Amazing Experience, MUST DO” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 81 things to do in Dayton
Dayton, Ohio
37 attraction reviews
“Best Market, Amazing Experience, MUST DO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This location is also known as PNC 2nd Street Market, located in Downtown Dayton. It is a wonderful place to visit and if you are living or visiting Dayton, I highly recommend you visit this market. It is absolutely a delight with tons of local businesses and small restaurants. It is a long, open building that takes up about a block with booths set up with an array of items for sale. Some of the stuff includes a flower shop, bread shop, garden shop, tons of delicious restaurants, tons of locally-grown produce and meats for sale, cheese shops, etc.

My favorites include:
*All Souped Up (restaurant): this vendor has tons of delicious soups and sandwiches. I definitely recommend the egg salad sandwich on the croissant with broccoli cheese soup.
*Blue Jacket Dairy: this vendor has the most AMAZING cheese!!! They offer samples to try before buying, and I absolutely love their cheese. I always buy the goat cheese and ludlow when I go to 2nd Street Market.
*Spice Rack & Bulk Foods: this is a fun little grocer INSIDE the market. They have tons of stuff in here. A MUST TRY includes the Amish Butter… it is so incredibly amazing and they sell it!!
*Rahn’s Artisan Breads: this vendor bakes the most delicious bread! I love the potato bread. They have lots of samples and varieties to choose from.
*Landes Farm: They weren’t listed on the list of vendors on the 2nd Street Market website, but I do believe this is their name. She (it is normally a woman I buy from, hence the “she”) has the most amazing bacon I have ever tasted in my entire life, hands down!!
*Dayton Urban Green: this vendor has a lot of.. wait for it… GREEN stuff!!! I have bought worm castings from here to use in my gardening. I have also bought a cloth vegetable bag.
*My friend loves this place as well and pointed out that her favs include E.A.T food for life, Russell the Farmer, and Mile Creek Farm (she says this farm sells only the items that they grow themselves)

There is so much to taste and sample here. This market gives us an idea of the local, green Dayton.

TIP: There is an ATM on site for the convenience of the customers. Some of the businesses/booths accept credit cards/debit cards, but some only accept cash.

TIP: Blue Jacket Dairy will give you a punch-type card where you can get a stamp for a certain amount of money spent or purchases made and then use it when you fill your card up.

Visited September 2013

Dayton, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Saturday Breakfast with the Neighbors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Come join the crowd on Saturday mornings! Lots of interesting food and other vendors, lots of people, and often music. Bring home some organic meats, cheeses, honey, syrup, etc. The market will interest you and lift your spirit, as it did mine. A Dayton treasure.

Visited October 2013
Ooltewah, Tennessee
27 attraction reviews
“Great Escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It is nice just to stroll through the market. You will find many vendors from food to fresh flowers. What a wonderful atmosphere.

Visited April 2013
West Milton, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in the area most of my life and had no idea that the Second Street Market existed. I go all the way to Findlay Market in Cincinnati and travel to other markets out of state, but was surprised to chance upon this one day. Anything from cheeses to veggies, from giant soft pretzels to alpac knits...there is LOTS to see, buy, and taste. Housed in a historic 1911 B&o Railroad building, it is an awesome Farmers Market. We need more places like this in the area!

Visited August 2013
Springboro, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“Great Place to Check Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love browsing around the market! There is a lot to see and taste. Blue Jacket Dairy has great samples including their grilling cheese! Yum! I have taken many out of town guests here and they all have loved it. Very unique gifts to take home. They also sell flowers. It feels like you should be in a bigger city than Dayton. I will say parking can be challenging if you go during prime time.

Visited April 2013