“Nice place for a get together” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
North Canton, Ohio
“Nice place for a get together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We met our college age son and a few of his friends here for a birthday get together for dinner. They only accept reservations for parties of eight or more but took call ahead seating. When we arrived they had a nice large booth for us. Our waiter was friendly and good. We ordered appetizers, had to try the homemade pork rinds, and they were very good. We ordered a variety of sandwiches. The food arrived quickly, was hot and everyone liked what they had. Definetly a good choice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dayton, Ohio
“Don't do the italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was undecided on what to order as the menu had several choices that I was having trouble picking from. Upon the server's suggestion I went with the chicken parmesan. My thinking was that since the menu seemed to be kind of Italian based, having meatballs as an appetizer, that the Italian food was probably a good call. The chicken parmesan was bland and the spaghetti was nothing special. I was thinking it would have a nice homemade marinara, but if I had to classify it I would say this was a dish for the elderly.

The beef is very good. I pointed out a beef quesadilla on the menu for my husband and it was fantastic. I would return just to get other dishes made with the beef. The ladder 11 sandwich was also good. I just ordered the wrong thing.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Good burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were told these were the best burgers in Dayton. I do not agree with that person's opinion. Although very good I would not consider them the best. It was interesting and fun to see all of the old fire equipment and the restoration they have done to the building. If nothing else, it is worth seeing the inside of an old firehouse.

Visited March 2012
“Cold beer and great fries...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Jimmies, having moved from the Southwest side of the corner to the Northeast side, has attracted an entire new following of customers. It now has ample parking, a terrific menu, an interesting bar with 7 or 8 draft labels and an eager serving staff. From a kind of ‘street people’ bar, it’s now more of yuppie bar, more upscale and inviting. At the proper season, it has a terrific courtyard for dining. Besides the coldest beer in town, its french fries may be better than Tanks, a real thumbs-up.

Visited January 2013
Greenville, OH
“The decor of Ladder 11 is great! But, when that is said, all is said.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Right across the street from Miami Valley Hospital. So, after visiting, went there for a later dinner (around 8:15p.m.) and there were six of us which included 1 child who is 8 years old. The appetizers were tasty--we had Blind Dates and chicken wings, The Blind Dates were interesting and tasted pretty OK. Others at the table liked the chicken wings--they could have cooked a bit longer for me. But, as I said, others seemed to like them although, no one wanted the last wing or even to take it home. We ordered different dinners--they all appeared generous . I had salad and soup of the day. The salad was primarily iceberg and the soup was, well, I am not sure. It was to be a tomato trendy type--not sure why they called it tomato--don't remember seeing anything like a tomato. But there were cork screw noodles, lots of tasteless corkscrew noodles. And, for you parents or grandparents--no child's menu. I must admit, people seemed to be having a good time--lots of laughter. The happy tables were drinking beer. And, I think this is primarily what Ladder 11 is--a fun bar. It is not a restaurant.. Service was not so much. We usually tip 20%--not here. One of our group had been waitress for 8 years--she said, 15% was generous for the service rendered. So, if you want a beer--this probably would be your place. If you want food to go with the beer, this is probably not your place.

• Visited December 2012