“Stuckin the middle...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Dayton South

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Dayton South to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Dayton South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8277 Yankee Street, Dayton, OH 45458 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toledo, Ohio
“Stuckin the middle...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am really wishy-washy on my review of this hotel. For every good thing I have a not as good thing. So here goes!
We stay at a lot of Country Inns & Suites around the country and you can tell they are independently owned because some of them are almost lavish and some are like cheap motels on the interstate. This hotel certainly has good management and/or owners. The property is nice, it's clean and welcoming. Check in was very fast, which is always a plus. It's a little different look, the desk clerk told me it used to be a Sleep Inn, which might explain a few of things that I would put in the negative column. Room was smaller than I expected, but it was a clean decent room. Bed was nice, but every time someone closed a door in the hallway the beds shook, and I could hear the people in the room next to us, clear as a bell. Thin walls.
I did not go out to the lobby for breakfast but my husband brought food back to the room and I nibbled on a few bits of his. It was good variety but the actual flavors of the food weren't really very good. Not horrible, just not really good.
The lobby coffee was always hot & fresh and plentiful. Lots of free cookies, tea, and even a basket of the mini tootsie pops which are a personal favorite of mine.
Check out was fast but getting to the lobby that last morning took an odd turn when we discovered what appeared to be the entire cleaning staff standing between us & the front desk. We literally had to treat it like an obstacle course and wheel our luggage in fun little swerves to get around them. I'm guessing it's their normal morning routine from their expressions. But everything was spotless and they do a good job.
Checkout was quick as well.
So there you go, good & bad. I'm not sure that I would stay there again because I didn't get a lot of sleep, but that's a construction issue and I'm sure they're doing the best they can with what they have.
I'm really torn between Three & Four stars on this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We do apologize for all of the issues that you had encounterted during your stay with us. It is not routine for any employee to be standing at the desk at anytime so we thank you for bringing that to our attention so that we can strive to improve our staff and hotel. We hope if your travels bring you back to Dayton that you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ashtabula OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

CI&S Dayton South is a remarkable property. Everything is clean and looks new and updated, including our room. As you enter, the lighting is dim - I suppose to make you relax. Even the room lighting is subdued - again I guess to be relaxing. I didn't mind it, but I did turn on all the lights in the room! The room has enough towels and toiletries and the toiletries are name brand, which I appreciated. The TV is a flat screen and works well. The bathroom is spacious and the tub is spacious. As usual, there is never enough water pressure to suit. My only complaint about our room is that the air conditioner was loud. My husband ended up just turning it off. It works fine, but loud. The beds are firm, but not rock hard. I'm sure they are fine if not very good for most people. We are used to a water bed at home, so we tossed around because of that.
Help yourself to cookies and snack bars all day long. There is also a selection of coffees and teas all day long. Thanks!
The breakfast is exceptional for a free breakfast. The egg and sausage selection varied the two nights we were there.
We stayed on the second floor - there is a lounge there that is very nice. We helped ourselves to the magazines and books available to borrow. Again, thanks, that is a nice touch.
This hotel is easy to find - easy off and easy on.
I will stay here again if in the area.
we did not use the pool, but it was being used and looked fine.
we used the business center, which is one desk with one computer set up only.
we did not use the fitness room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We want to thank you for your kind words on your recent visit with us. It is always our pleasure to have all of the guests feel like they are at home. If your travels bring you back to Dayton in the future we look forward to seeing you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had a few problems checking in due to a computer glitch but Linda was very professional and handled the situation as best she could. Duty manager appeared to be off site though so she had to make some frantic phone calls.

very nice atmosphere and lovely complimentary cookies. Breakfast was very good and the chef Crystal seemed to enjoy serving her delicious meals.

Will definitely be staying here and at other CIS.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. We love to make everybody feel like they are at home away from home. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Dayton , Ohio that you will stay with us again.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I took my two granddaughters to the Country Inn and Suites Dayton South for a girls night before going back to school. What a delightful small hotel!

The room was immaculate, the bathroom even more so, and the beds comfy. The breakfast was the best I've ever seen in a hotel. There were waffles you make yourself, scrambled eggs, chicken patties, biscuits, oatmeal with wonderful toppings, frest fruit and berries, numerous bread/muffin/bagel choices, real butter, syrup, juices and coffee. Coffee, tea, and cookies are available all day long.

There were plenty of towels in the rooms for us. The pool looked inviting, although we did not have time to use it. The location is close to plenty of shopping, restaurants, movie theatres, mini golf, and bowling alleys.

When in this area, don't be afraid to book this hotel. I like a clean hotel as well as the next guest, and this one is!

Room Tip: There are two floors, so if you don't want to hear other travellers, choose an upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words and the recognition to the staff. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope that the next time you are in the Dayton area we can welcome you back to the Country Inn and Suites Dayton South.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Love the sauna! Friendly front desk staff, clean rooms and convenient location. The beds are comfortable and we slept great. The rooms have a nice desk space with a comfy chair for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience; it is our guests' reviews that allows us to continue to grow. It was a pleasure to host you while you were in Dayton. We hope for the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Bummer to find out at 11:30 pm after a 14 hour drive. Totally rude staff.

• Stayed July 2012
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I do aplogize for the misunderstanding concerning the pet. We have not been a pet friendly hotel since 2011 . I can reassure you that I will be going over with the staff our non pet friendly policy. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Country Inn and Suites in the future.
Grand Blanc MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were traveling and had stopped by another CI&S and could not get a parking place due to a party at a bar on site, and called this site. Upon arriving, the staff knew we were stressed out and got us to a quiet room where we had a good night sleep. Yes the doors are not all the way to the ground. We put a towel in front of it because I like the dark. Breakfast was good, and I enjoyed the added touch of tea selections and breakfast bars for a quick snack. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Dayton South, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your review ! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Dayton South? Share your experiences!