“Work trip in area on a budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3661 Maxton Rd., Dayton, OH 45414 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites-Dayton North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Ohio
“Work trip in area on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

This hotel is a good option for people who are on a tight budget. As some others posted, there isn't the attention to cleanliness that you would expect. My room wasn't dirty but there were certainly things overlooked. There are stains on the high ceiling of my first floor room that was a bit concerning. For the price I paid for the room for a one night stay, it wasn't that big of a deal. However, if that is a deal breaker for you, you may want to find a higher end hotel.

Wifi was a bit of an issue and I couldn't connect to it. I did not say anything as it was late and my stay wasn't long.

There is a great selection of restaurants and stores along the road to the hotel. I didn't hear street or highway traffic in my room.

Would I stay again if in the area? Yes. For the price I paid for this level of hotel, with interior corridors, the hotel was fine for my one-night stay and expectations.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have very tall ceilings which makes the rooms feel more spacious.
Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rochester, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

We booked late and found this Quality Inn about 10 minutes from UD campus. It was situated in an area with many other hotels and tons of places to eat. We arrived about noon and they were just turned over the rooms. Our room wasn't ready but my happy surprise they got our room ready in like 15 minutes. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was pretty good and overall we liked the hotel. As a note, we need to get our laptop charged and the lady (Linda) that worked the evening put it on her side of the counter and watched it for us while we went to dinner. That was very cool.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

Came to Dayton on short notice, so many places were already booked. Thought this would suffice for 1 night. Checked in on a Saturday afternoon and when preparing to take a nap, found a note under the covers that said, "Guest, If you found this note, then the sheets were not changed on this bed."
Took the note to the front desk, and gave to the desk clerk, who seemed embarrassed. Told me housekeeping staff were gone, and she was the only staff there. She offered me 2 sets of clean sheets for us to remake the beds. Also told me she would give the note to the GM who would come to talk to us about the situation, and possibly give us some kind of discount on the room. She was apologetic.

The GM never came to speak to us. Also, the back door on the first floor was stuck and wouldn't open.

Wouldn't stay there again. There are several hotels at the same exit which would certainly be better than this.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel is your average hotel at a good price. Room was clean. Breakfast was good. The only thing was the timer on the hot tub needed to be fixed. But overall a good place to stay with friendly people.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stratford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Arrived in the north of Dayton, needing a hotel room for just one night, everything was booked up except for this hotel. Nice desk person. The rate was good. The bed comfortable enough. There is breakfast included. Pool. The area is filled with restaurants you can walk to. On a personal note, I was disappointed that by mistake, I left a dress in the closet. My bad! Once in Nashville, I called this hotel but the dress was gone and no one turned it in. They said they would talk to housekeeping. We stopped in on our way back home days later and still they were no help saying housekeeping was gone for the day. Needless to say we stayed at another hotel down the street!

Room Tip: Hwy is right there, so ask for a room at the back for a quieter stay
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Clyde, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

After hours of searching and debating we decided to stay here due to its location to all the things we had planned for the weekend.
Pros: Great front desk. Very helpful and accommodating.
Cons: Found empty beer can / bottle in cabinet which means they never cleaned it out. It is a pet friendly hotel so it is not uncommon to hear dogs barking when walking down the hall.
Overall hotel was a good value and within walking distance of several restaurants. Also pool was nice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We check-in late night probably due to we couldn't find a decant hotel nearby our route. Finally we found a nice looking Hotel (Quality Inn and Suites) and walk-in for a room. Night Staff was pleasant and very helpful, fast check inn and wonderfull greetings. Room was quite nice and fresh aroma. Breakfast in morning was a good meal. In a nutshell, I would love to stay once more in this place.

Room Tip: Take rooms on third floor it would feel like u are in heaven.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!