“Only if you're in desperate need of 3 hours sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7130 Miller Ln, I-75 at Exit 60, Dayton, OH 45414 (Formerly Motel 6)   |
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Chicago, Illinois
“Only if you're in desperate need of 3 hours sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had serious reservations about staying in this hotel after reviews. Honestly, I thought I could get at least 4 hours of sleep to finish my drive to Dayton. After check-in, I let go of the atmosphere because it was in a good location for food and I just needed some sleep. When I walk into the room, there was an odor of musk & funk that could not be denied through the nostrils. I tried hard to let it go but I couldn't sleep because it seem that I was breathing it in. After 3 hours of fighting to sleep, I check out and hit the road. Better pay the price for a good night sleep on hotels looking out their window that you wish you were staying in, should you decide to be brave and cheap.

Room Tip: try another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

The mgr at this site (Tina ) was very polite & went out of her way to be nice..even made me a cup of coffee after she seen that I had spilled my coffee.
Very clean room .. being in mgt. Myself this was a rest I needed myself.
Thanks America's Best for the warm welcome I received.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
dayton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I am a loyal repeat customer and it seems in the past year the prices go up, but the rooms get worse. Toilets are never cleaned or showers and bathroom floors are so dirty. The managers son does not dress half professional at all. He is very rude and never says thank you. Dave and Shantel are very nice wish they could teach him customer service. For what they are charging now it is not worth it I can go somewhere better. I think I will not come back here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello my Name is Tina White and I am the manager here at the location you stayed at in Dayton. First of all I hope you recieved my personal reply to you. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced here at this property. As I stated to you in the reply ,I have talked to the employees mentioned above and made corrections .I assure you we do clean or bathrooms. I do wish you had mentioned all this to me while you were here we would have moved you and made necessary corrections at that time. Thank you again for your comments your opinion is very important ,thank you Tina white
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Don't stay here unless you can not sleep in your car or you get the room for half of the $33 rack rate. Plugged sink, luke-warm shower water, AC turned to heat by staff remotely, too hot to sleep in room, Door stuck had to shoulder it open each entry, staff smokes and ventilation moves smoke into room, they lie to your face about smoking yet you can see the butts everywhere around the office, the adjacent room (office expansion), just a terrible property...but for the cost, that was the bright spot. Owner was bringing in new furniture while there but the basics of this old building need attention far more so than the furniture.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you can not sleep in your car or you get the room for half of the $33 rac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I hope you recieved my personal response to your complaint. Your opinion is very important to us good or bad. I am truly sorry you feel the way you do. I assure you we are trying to upgrade this location with new carpet and furniture. I wish you had told us at the desk your problems then so we could have moved you to a better room.Thank You Tina White
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Each May I travel to a convention in Dayton, OH. Our group usually books 5 or 6 rooms. Unfortunately, this year we picked this place. In a few short words this place is a DUMP and easily the worst motel I have ever stayed in.

The room was filthy when I checked in. There were ground out cigarettes under the edge of the bed. The sheets had numerous tears and burns. The carpet looked like it was 30 years old and hosted a frat party every weekend.

Many of the electrical outlets were so worn out that it was difficult to find one where my cell phone charger worked. The bathroom had NO electrical outlets whatsoever.

The shower didn't even have a showerhead...just a hand-held shower fixed to the wall. the bathroom exhaust fan made noise but didn't work.

Housekeeping was non-existent on 3 of the 4 days I stayed here. I had to go to the front desk every day to get fresh towels.

Internet access didn't work. There was plenty of signal you just couldn't connect. When one in our group complained, several times, he was told they would re-set it. It never made a difference.

My room was on the ground floor. It was noisy and there was a constant stream of scary people walking past the door all night long.

Due to the convention in town there were no rooms available elsewhere.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T STAY IN THIS DUMP. Maybe they'll go out of business and bulldoze this place down.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another motel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I read your complaint and was shocked . I hope you recieved my personal response to you as well as this one. I cannot control where guests throw down cigarettes . My employees do have assigned areas where they smoke. I do not deny they smoke they do not do it in the lobby or the rooms. all the rooms are being upgraded with new carpet and furniture as well as new bathroom sinks. Every bathroom has a outlet in it . I wish I knew what room you was in so I could check it .The shower did not have a shower head because you was in a handicap room it has a hand held shower fixture that can also adjust on the wall. I assure you we have housekeepers here seven days a week. I do not know why you did not get service I will talk to my staff about every issue you had and find out. Again I do apologize and thank you for your time Tina White
Murrayville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is probably the worst motel I have stayed in, in 50+ years of traveling. The bed sheets had holes in them. I stayed four nights and checked in on Wednesday. When I came back to the room on Thursday evening, the room had not been cleaned up at all. When I called the front desk and asked why, I was told they only cleaned rooms every other day. I checked with several other people that checked in on Wednesday, and their rooms were cleaned on Thursday. THIS MEANS THE FRONT DESK LIED TO ME. The faucet in the bathroom sink did not work correctly. There was hardly any cold water and mostly all hot water no matter where you placed the faucet handle. There was a hole in the wall over the bed. It doesn't take much effort to patch a plaster board wall. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by two wires and was enclosed in a plastic bag. The carpet was filthy dirty and the heating and cooling system had no control over it. I am probably forgetting a few things but that covers most of the problems. Also my room faced the pool. The pool looked like it was used as a garbage dump. The pool cover was full of trash.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, there are plenty of good motels in the immediate area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your time to write this review. I do appreciate them all good and bad . The bad is how I need to make corrections for improvement. I cannot change your opinion however I would like to update you about this location. We renovating the entire property new carpet bathroom sinks and furniture just for starters. I hate to think that you think my front desk would lie to you. Our policy is every day the housekeepers are to see if you need new towels and take out trash make your bed and vacuum. Now we do not change the sheets on a stay over every day that is true. We do this every other day.But you are to receive service every day. Since I have read this review I personally have checked all my rooms smoke detectors and I assure you they are all in good condition and up like they are supposed to be.The pool is empty with a cover on it and no trash people do sometimes throw stuff on it but we get it out as this happens . Again I am sorry you had all these problems and again Thank you for your time Tina White
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was the sixth hotel I checked while in the area, everything else was either full or only had smoking rooms available. It was 4:30 in the morning and I was tired so I chose this place. What a mistake !!!
The carpet was filthy, there was hair in the shower, the air filter in the ceiling was filthy. This is the type of place I would imagine seeing drunks, drugs dealers, and crackheads.

This place is located in a good area with lots of shops, stores, and restaurants. There's great access to the interstate.
There are about 12 hotels in the surrounding area, call ahead and reserve a room at a better place.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, choose a room in a better hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I have read your review and am sorry to read your opinion of us is this bad. I assure you we have replaced all the carpet in all the rooms since your stay and I have addressed the housekeeping staff about the rest. AGAIN THANK YOU Tina White

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!