“Not the best but far from the worste.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7130 Miller Ln, I-75 at Exit 60, Dayton, OH 45414 (Formerly Motel 6)   |
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Sarasota, Florida
“Not the best but far from the worste.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ok its a bit out dated and run down when it comes to looks. But the time I spent there was very pleasant. The staff was always helpful ready and willing to try to make right anything found wrong. May not be the best or newest but I can say what was lacking in looks at least for me was made up for on service.

• Stayed October 2013
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. Your comments are very valuable to us. My staff appreciate s got kind words. Again Thank you
Tina White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Jan 31, 2013 my husband & I checked into this motel. BIG mistake after a long exhausting day!! Check in was simple to the point. We got a non-smoking rm w/single bed. Long story short...it was our worst nightmare! It was beyond freezing inside, turned heat on high 45 mins later even colder. Called front desk, the guy said he was new & didn't know anything about the thermostats. We froze the entire night, literally! Someone kept calling our phone, I constantly said they have the wrong room, kept calling back to back..I eventually unplugged the phone. At around 1:45am, a man was banging on our door..said he have our daughter outside the door, told him he have the wrong room, he left. 2:30a the man returned banging on door again. This time I called front desk, very fed up & sleepy at this point on top of freezing, they took care of it. Kind of afraid that he would return again I didn't get any sleep. Bedspread very old dingy cigg burn holes also in spread. Tiny circular shower(not made for plus size people) only 1 lamp worked other 1 broken. Elevator broke down while we were in it. Ended up having to carry all of our bags down flights of stairs. Couldn't wait to check out!!! Overall it was only $37 so we weren't expecting 5 star service. Cable tv was nice that's about it. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are sorry to hear about your problems during your stay and are very sorry they were not dealt with in a timely matter. Thank you for your comments, I have shared them with my staff so these issues can be avoided in the future. Please try us again when you come back to town to see the improvements we have made. We make no excuses for your the issues and will handle them better in the future. Thank you
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Room is dirty, no table in the room and you have to plug you're phone up by the door. Fat woman walking around outside asking everyone if they want company. She then goes in the office so it's ok with them . This was an ok motel when it was a motel 6.

• Stayed August 2012
I am sorry that your experenced that at this Motel . In the future please call the front desk right away so we can check out who is out on our property and deal with it quickly. Any problem you may have please let the front desk know right away we are there 24/7 and appriciate your comments.
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

On a budget, traveling to Dayton to see my daughter in a competition at the UD Arena. Chose this hotel because of its location, price and the reviews I saw here. When we arrived the hotel exterior looked as it does on the sight and my husband went to check in. A few minutes later he came back out and said we couldn't stay there.
Having a confirmed reservation, I was confused. What he said was when he got into the lobby, it was dirty, someone came in with a wet, smelly dog that was all over the place. The desk attendant ignored my husband, but the conversation she was having with the two men at the desk was about things being stolen at the hotel. Then the next person who came into the building was obviously intoxicated.
He just simply said that he didn't feel safe checking us and and our young son into this place. Considering he is a 20 military man, that says quiet a bit about the place. This left us with the unpleasant job of trying to find another room in the rain when almost everyplace was completely sold out, except king smoking rooms. Eventually we did find someplace to stay, but way out of our initial budget for the weekend.
Insult to injury is that we had only booked the room the night before so there was no way to "cancel" our reservation, and we are stuck with the charges from a hotel we couldn't even get past the lobby.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

This is another Motel6 that's been updated and upgraded. Nice furniture in our room, including a comfy easy chair, fashionable lighting fixtures, and granite sink console with plenty of room for all our stuff. Check-in was efficient and wi-fi was free and easily accessed. 45 bucks with tax for the two of us (with the AAA discount). We asked at the desk for a referral to a non-chain restaurant, and the clerk suggested Tony's italian, just a bit down the road. It turned out to be a delightful surprise, a happy, neighborhood-y sort of place: great salads w/house-made garlic-balsamic dressing, and delicious, hearty portions of eggplant parmigiana and manicotti, served piping hot by a cheerful, helpful waitress -- a very pleasant experience for $25 for the two of us.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thankyou for your positive comments, glad to have you stay. Please come and stay with us on your next visit to Dayton Ohio
Chesterfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Pretty much your basic Motel 6. Older, and undergoing renovation, the rooms and exterior are very worn. Stairs to the second floor were in terrible condition, probably due to all the ice and snow they get in this region. Room 206 was classic Motel 6, clean but small and functional. The internet was very fast for hotel wireless, you have to get a free code at the desk to use it. For the money it was a bargain, I paid $35 for one person during a holiday weekend. I slept good and left early the next day. There are lots of restaurants in the area along with many other hotels.
There were two annoyances during my stay. I was up about 6am on Saturday and the garbage trucks were picking up the dumpster across the street at the much more expensive hotel and made enough noise to wake the dead. Anyone within ¼ of a mile could hear it. There was also a man spouting obscenities on the third floor of the Motel 6 who then walked down across the parking lot and down the street. I do not know if he was staying at the Motel 6 or not, so I can’t really blame the hotel, but he was scary. Most other guests at the hotel were nice and respectful. If you are just passing through and need a cheap place to stay, this Motel 6 will do. I wouldn’t recommend it for families. Tax was a moderate 13%.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
thank you for your comment. We did go through a renovation and now we are a Americas Best
Value Inn. I hope you come back and stay with us in the future. I think you will like the new name and the new look.
nashka81
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I traveled through the country from Ca to NY and had to stop for the night. This place located in a great plaza with other different hotels and places to eat, as well as grocery store. They had a special rate of 29.99 which worked great!!!
It was nice and quiet stay. Rooms are very basic, but everything you need for a one night stay. They had ice and vending machines and laundry machines. These place do not offer free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and your opinion does matter to us . I would like to update you on what we are doing at this location. We are in the process of a complete up grade on our rooms new carpet and furniture. I hope in the future you come back and see what we have done and enjoy your stay. Again Thank You Tina White

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!