“Short but great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 45 hotels in Dayton
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Short but great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently traveled to Dayton for a short visit with our son and family. The hotel we have used in the past was booked, so we tried the Extended Stay America - Dayton - North. We were very satisfied with the hotel, inside and outside. The hotel was clean and fresh. Furnishings nice, with a comfortable mattress and easy chair. We did not use the internet service, but great to know that service is available for our next visit. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially the young man who handled our check-in, Matthew. We will definitely use this hotel for future visits. Even though breakfast was not included as some other hotels in the area offer, this was still a good value, and restaurants are literally a short walking distance away, or you can use the kitchen facilities to make your own. One issue: bring your own hair dryer - none provided.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I am so happy to hear the hotel was fresh and clean. Matthew is a great addition to our team. I would like to let you know we do have a hairdryers by request at the front desk. I look forward to have you stay with us again.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We are really enjoying our stay here The hotel looks great on the outside as well as in.The staff is very helpful and kind. they are always doing a splended job on the property and our room. especially Sarah, who is always here to lend a helping hand with a trusting additude. she truly deserves her promotion. We also love that the hotel is pet friendly and that the stores and restaurants are within walking distance.Over all this hotel in the Dayton area is a great place to stay..Thanks..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Sarah is a great team member and I am glad she was so helpful. Please let us know the next time you are in town and we will be happy to set up reservations for you!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had great stay in extended stay north Dayton Ohio. The staff is excellent especialy Sarah she was always there with ready answers for any question. Her knowledge about the area and being ready all the time for help and even browsing and googling to find the best answer makes my stay as a first time Dayton resident great. the whole crue including steph and Matt were great. But Sarah help was very prompt and makes you feel like this is her own business. She realy deserves a promotion

Room Tip: Dont listen to previous reviews, find out for yourself!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the kind review. I am so glad that Sarah was able to answer your questions. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff could not have been more helpful. My wife is handicaped and the front desk help
made sure she was comfortable since we had arrived later than we had originally anticipated.
They went out of the way to insure that the room was exceptible for her. Extra blankets were supplied as well as extra soap. The original room had only one bed but they were able to give us a room with a double bed which helped greatly for my wife to maneuver. I would definitely stay in other Extended Stay motels if this is an indication of what they are.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am glad that Sarah was a big help to you. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay_. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Prattville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The best thing going for this place is the location. Miller Lane has tons of good restaurants, and Walmart is in walking distance. The place is pretty filthy overall--dirty carpet throughout, and smells like smoke and old food. The rooms are only cleaned on a weekly basis (hence why they're so dirty overall) and you have to take down your own dirty towels for replacement. I probably could not have stayed at all except that I got rid of the comforter, and cleaned the kitchen and bath myself. The people are nice enough, and if they just improved on the cleanliness of the place it would be acceptable. The week I was there the internet was out 5 of the 7 days. Thank God for Panera and Drury Inn next door which both have free wi-fi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that _the room was dirty and hall smelled of smoke. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team has been detailing the rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aserrer@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I read the previous reviews and was a little hesitate but it was in my price range and the location, so I gave it a shot and was pleased with my stay. From the moment I walked in I was greeted with a hello and a smile, the lady that checked me in was very nice, friendly. The rooms were very clean and spacious.I experience non of the previous complaints, if this hotel was dirty or run down before, they have made a huge turn around. I would defientley reccommend this hotel to anyone and I look forward to returning in a few months!!!

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay on the highway side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay_. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place isn't so bad now. Fresh paint, carpet, beds, flat screens, etc. Upgrades seem to be pretty recent. My room was fairly clean, but had mold on one of the ice cube trays and some in the cracks of the fridge seals. No loud noises or partying going on while I stayed, but I did not stay over the weekend. Most of the clientele seemed to be in the construction business, so I can see why, in the past, there were complaints about dirty carpets. Non-issue now. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Walmart is rigt across the street. Overall, if I had to rate this hotel along with comparable places I've stayed at over the years, I would give it a 4 out of 5. Keep in mind that I said comparable places. Don't show up here and pay $50 per night and expect the Hyatt. My compliments to Sarah. Out of all the front desk I had the chance to meet, she is the one who seemed to have all the necessary skills to manage an office staff. I recommend a leadership position for her.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I'm thrilled that Sarah was was able to help you out! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - North? Share your experiences!