“Worse than a Motel 6” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Worse than a Motel 6”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are building a house and needed a place to stay until it was done. I had called a week before we needed a King room. I got a great deal calling through the reservation line. However, the staff at the main desk had no idea what "Extended Plus" program even was (but whatever). They guaranteed my family would have a King size bed, sitting room, stocked kitchen and allow pets. The day before I checked in, I called the hotel to confirm our reservation. The staff at the desk, said "yes - you will be on the second floor, non-smoking, King room." Twenty-four hours later, my family and I gathered our belongings and trucked to the hotel. The woman at the desk said we were on the third floor. I started to get suspicious of what was going on. We walked up to the third floor and we entered a 2 double bed room that smelled like someone had been smoking in there all week!

I called the front desk and complained. She said Extended Stay could guarantee a reservation but not a specific room. "I just called yesterday and they said I was all set!" They knew my situation. The beds were like concrete, the room reaked and the windows were broken. After some choice words, I demanded my money back.

Very unprofessional! Unclean! Stinks!

Bottom line - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! We are now homeless staying with my mom for 4 months. I am calling the Corporate office today!!!!!!

Room Tip: Hold your nose! Don't expect to get what you reserve on the phone!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Heather - We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. Since the staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay for all of our guests, I am saddened to read that we were uable to do this for you. In response to your remarks, I have met with the staff and reviewed our non-smoking policies as well as cleaning procedures and standards for professionalism.

I am very sorry again. We would love to have you stay with us again to show you our redoubled efforts or at any of our other brand locations. Please contact us directly for reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over a holiday weekend. Our bathroom had hair all over the toilet and towels. There was dried urine covering the front of the toilet seat. The carpets were stained from the moment you stepped off the elevator. Since it is extended stay we did not receive enough clean towels for the whole room. The beds were horrible with two tiny pillows on each. When I flipped the comforter back there was a "pill bug" crawling across it.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, September 4, 2012

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

No extras like other extended stay motels such as pool, continental breakfast. Housekeeping is very poor at this place. I stayed here for 4 months and was not very happy. They finally put flat screen tv's in the rooms. The carpets in the hallways are very stained. They look like what you would see in a old run down motel in the boonies. There was only 1 person at the front desk that was friendly and helpful. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Benton Harbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I just stayed over the past weekend for a graduation, no restroom in the lobby only in your room, they had no extra towels available, the new manager didn't order enough towel for the weekend, they had to borrow from other hotels, the air condition wasn't blowing enough air. I seen better hotels for the price of the room we paid for. The location was a good spot near many others restaurants that is walking distance but as for staying again NO NEVER again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Dayton - North.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future.  I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.  Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).  I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This place is great. Love the service, the people, the place! I would definitely come back to Stay.

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Dayton - North. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I usually look at Extended Stay Hotels as a little better quality. After all, if you're going to be there for an "extended stay," you don't want to be staying in a dump. Well, that's kinda what I felt this hotel was. They charged a "cleaning fee" for my pet, but there were stains on the carpet from previous pets, so they obviously weren't using that money to help "clean" the room. The room had an unpleasant odor, to where we were constantly looking at each other to find the culprit for releasing some gas, but really it was just the smell of the room. They make you sign a waiver for your pet when you check in, basically stating that if your pet is unruly, you will have to remove them/yourself from the hotel. Well, what about the people that are up at all hours of the night banging doors and provoking my dog to bark? There was trash left under the bed that my dog got into (again, where does my money for the "cleaning fee" go?). The hallway carpet is heavily stained, as well. The only positive things I have to say are that the woman at the front desk when checking in was friendly, and there is a power outlet by the bed for plugging in my computer (as opposed to it being across the room as at the last hotel we stayed at). I wish I had checked the reviews on here first, before booking the room, but as I said, I thought all Extended Stays had the same set of standards. Apparently not. We won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Dayton - North.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring.  All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards.  Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down.  In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.  I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Piqua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stay here often when I am flying out of town and take an early flight. The staff is great, they always have a smile ready for me almost even before I walk in the door! I really feel like this is my "home away from home" I only fly a few months out of the year, but each time they are ready to serve me with a great room. I also noticed they are trying to do some renovations, I'm excited to see the great changes when I fly next! Thank you for providing me with a great stay!!!- Aunt "B"

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - North? Share your experiences!